[BLΛƆK PIИK] Make 'em Whistle like a missile in the 1st Thread. - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 23rd June 2017, 05:42 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Talking

its nice and cool
Old 23rd June 2017, 09:46 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maemi View Post
@//ABEST what are you talking about?
i don't like this song at all i loved BOOMBAYAH and PLAYING WITH FIRE but this has nothing to do with them. i have been their huge fan but this is a disappointment it feels so rushed and has 0 attitude in it

i am a 2NE1 stan til i die and i don't get where people get this BLACKPINK IS 2ND 2NE1. bitch please, no. i love BLACKPINK as they are but sometimes i feel like they tryna beat 2NE1 which is kinda low blow since 2NE1 is one of the most iconic K-POP groups. do your own thing girls

i'll just pass this and be waiting for SQUARE THREE
Old 23rd June 2017, 10:51 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^because the girls decide their image XD
Old 23rd June 2017, 01:56 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
I feel sorry for these girls cause they're clearly being shaped in a 2NE1-ish vibe and they dont convince me. They are talented and so but the image they were given is not what they should be doing imo

But then I'm not an artists manager lol Still, I don't think there's much soul for what they do.
I gotta disagree hard on this one. I don't see the resemblance in image between them at all. 2NE1 members have very distinctive personalities (among them, and, as a group, among other groups) and it shows in every MV and live performance. You could tell them even if they wore the same clothes and hair (something never happens), I watched the MV and if it wasn't for the hair I couldn't tell who was who (I still can't).

BP is such a bland group imho that I don't understand why they're so successful nowadays. I get the sound is really late-2NE1 leftover, and I can't disagree. I can listen to this song and even Boombayah done by 2NE1, with a very different change in "pathos".

2NE1 always gave me good "women that have strong personality" feel (mainly because of CL and Minzy, I gotta agree), but BP is like... there are 4 Daras with good voices (I really think they're good singers), always beautiful, too cute and too good on camera.

So why do y'all think they are being marketed as 2NE1-ish? They're more 4minute-ish imho lol (what is bad 'cause they sucked hard)
Old 23rd June 2017, 02:05 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ You disagreed on me but the problems I had with them are exactly what you pointed out I don't think they ARE like 2NE1, but their managers are totally TRYING to do this. And it's not working cause of everything you pointed out. It's like expectation 2NE1 // reality whatever

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 23rd June 2017, 02:39 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^I think they have a lot of personality, Baco_. Especially considering I can tell all 4 apart just by voices. I love them so much and their first 4 songs weren't as much 2NE1 as this one. i don't get why YG decided to give them the ragge-flavour when that was what made 2NE1 special.

They aren't as developed yet, but I don't think 2NE1 started out as strong as you make them appear to (especially their first mini was pretty weak). They gave that image you talked about with their last few releases, yes but BP are still newcomer and have to find their niche. Thats why I hate that YG decided them to be a continuation of 2NE1.
Old 23rd June 2017, 04:48 PM
Replace Initiate

I also don't like the new song, sounds outdated, maybe they took the old 2ne1 song and rerecoded it
Old 23rd June 2017, 07:43 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Oh cmon, BOOMBAYAH is totally CL-ish It's very in line with CRUSH tbh

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 23rd June 2017, 08:28 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Oh, if you agree with me, then we're good uhahuauha although I don't think their management is trying to make them look like 2NE1, though. I think they're like any girlband out there that tries too hard to be edgy and stuff. I still don't dig BP, even though I want to :/

thinkingoutloud (lol) I gotta disagree: except for lollipop, their first releases had a lot of the flavor they sustained their whole career. On both FIRE MVs we can see they already had their own places, paces and personalities (again: even though I think it's much more on CL's and Minzy's sides). It just evolved: CL became more "badass", Minzy became more edgy, Bom became more plastic (jk) and Dara became more silent (and beautiful, damn that woman is beautiful!). Oh, and one more thing: YOU DISLIKE THEIR FIRST MINI???? GET OUT OF MY FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!11! gosh, I live for it haha personally I dislike their first album. but their mini is still GOLD <3

and, yes, this last song BP (even it's title) is very reminiscent of CRUSH haha I totally agree! xD
Old 23rd June 2017, 09:26 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Fire and I don't care were good, but Stay Together, Lets go Party, In da club and Pretty Boy are garbage. i also don't really like their first full album and I think 2nE1 really became gold with NOLZA.

That said, i love BP and Lisa owns everyone in 2NE1 - and I don't mind the edge - thats very YG family-ish. Just don't use that reggae sound cause it is what made 2NE1 stand out.
Old 23rd June 2017, 09:32 PM
End of the World Initiate

People seriously cannot see the similarities between these ladies and 2NE1? YG himself came out and said they're basically 2NE1 "but pretty" - him throwing 2NE1 (and Blackpink really) under the bus there.

You can see the quotes from the press conference here (the article has it's own viewpoint, clearly, but it was the first copy of the quotes that came up on google): http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...86_211515.html
Old 24th June 2017, 12:23 AM
CAROLS Initiate

To be honest, I don't care if they resemble 2NE1 or not I just enjoy their music. As for the latest song, I like the beat, but I'm not really impressed.
Old 24th June 2017, 12:24 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I had that feeling from the beginning and said so, sound and fashion are totally in the same vein as 2NE1. And I also agree BP have less character than them. I do like them though, cause the music is good. It still sounds different to what most other KPop groups do.
And I like the new song.

I love 2NE1's first mini and album btw. And Nolza is just amazing. Didn't feel their last releases anymore though. Crush was pretty weak.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 24th June 2017, 03:12 PM
Who... Initiate

what?? Crush is one of the greatest albums in universe someone said 2NE1's first mini is weak? Fire is like most iconic songs from them along with I AM THE BEST. and I don't care was (and still is) one of the biggest hits. It charting on no1 (!!!) over this garbage BP released few days ago

i love them all, 2NE1 and BLACKPINK

their new song is stuck in my head tho, i'm not sure does it mean it's my guilty pleasure

Last edited by //ABEST; 24th June 2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old 24th June 2017, 07:42 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Let's rewind here, I gotta agree with some of you on a point I didn't actually spoke about before haha

The first time I listened to both Whistle and Boombayah I actually thought it was 2NE1, 'cause they mimic 2NE1's voices SO well! haha If I knew who was who I could even tell you who I thought they were haha (I listen to both songs in a party lol so I didn't watch the MV)
Old 26th June 2017, 03:07 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

The teaser was so amazing, I love it. Then the full song was released and it is totally different, hahaha.

TWICE

Old 4th July 2017, 02:34 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
Oh cmon, BOOMBAYAH is totally CL-ish It's very in line with CRUSH tbh
agreed.
PLAYING WITH FIRE is very 2ne1, and the new song sounds like they took 2 2ne1 songs and mixed them. maybe some leftovers
Old 4th July 2017, 02:43 PM
November Initiate

This song is my least favorite so far. It's good, but it also sounds like this song was originally intended for 2NE1.

| Set by me |

I love Stargate SG-1 even more now! Cuz in episode 9x12 there was a person called
Dr. Amuro

Old 14th July 2017, 01:42 PM
CAROLS Initiate

I like these versions
Old 14th July 2017, 05:09 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Jennie's english rap