ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2022-2023 A 〜Remember you〜 - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 31st December 2022, 04:19 PM
Who... Initiate

did we watch different lives? I think she sounded so bad. I'm forever grateful for AHS Watch party but she was screaming in all of her songs. Mask and Love song were the best ones and they were 70% OK. She looked fabulous but I can understand why DavidChaiLatte walked out

I hate negativity towards her but I did not enjoy her vocals at all
Old 31st December 2022, 04:26 PM
Initiate

Just watched the live, it was the first time in 18 years that I can watch a CDL in direct live ! Fantastic experience.

The rockish songs were my fav' I think Ayu did good, her voice sounded nice!
That's after that I didn't really enjoy her voice anymore. She was often off key (especially I am, Bold and Delicious, Key) and she was shouting. That's a pity I know she can do better.

That being said, it wasn't the worst I heard from her (I remember CDL 09-10, it was simply horrid !!) and she had so much energy it was cool to watch.
Old 31st December 2022, 04:36 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYia View Post
thank you SO much!

EDIT: oh my god I love this song

Last edited by Deep snow; 31st December 2022 at 04:43 PM.
Old 31st December 2022, 04:58 PM
YOU Initiate

Loved the concert! So grateful any time I get to see Ayu.
Old 31st December 2022, 05:16 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I enjoyed the show visually and vocally. She had a few off moments but they weren't many and didn't stop me from enjoying the show. In my eyes, she is doing alright considering everything. She could easily use a ton of filters, some autotune or lipsync through the whole thing but she chooses to sing and for that, she has my utmost respect. And I seriously thought she was really fine most of the time.
The whole first section was pure fire and I could barely catch my breath haha. I can't express how I love M-red dress version - stunning. The stage was amazing too with all the light work and the use of the whole space. I think it was an absolute peak ayu concert.
Old 31st December 2022, 05:26 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I thought she was gonna sound really bad like the 24th anniv concert but she actually sounded decent for most of them, the worst one was her singing Mask but then again I already knew she's gonna scream and shout and let it all out whenever she'd be performing that live. Expected it to be a bit more disco-ish though but overall I enjoyed it. The new song is definitely gonna be my fave on the album for sure!

praying for your souls

Old 31st December 2022, 05:27 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1p24y1v7tX/

She sounded great here. This new song is so great. Really fresh! I love it when she works with the new and younger arrangers. Still my wildest dream she going to work with Hiroyuki Sawano someday.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV11M411y7x6/

I can hear that she is really struggling to sing M

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Last edited by AyuGAME; 31st December 2022 at 05:34 PM.
Old 31st December 2022, 05:39 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

M is definitely a hard song for her, especially the final part, but I think it sounded okay. She honestly sang it better than I had expected.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 31st December 2022 at 05:51 PM.
Old 31st December 2022, 06:10 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Full CDL recording is now in this thread.
Old 31st December 2022, 07:39 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

After watching the full recording. Yes, she is struggling a lot with the high notes, I think she can't hear her voice clearly, well we know the reason. She keeps adjusting her ear monitor. It's really hard to sing in a big venue when the music is very loud but she can't hear herself.

Key is really painful, not sure why she chose this song which is very hard to sing even during her peak vocal condition, I think in 2005, she just did ok performing Key.

But I respect her to be brave enough and still sing live even though I believe she knew that she is not doing well enough performing that song.

M is ok, she lowered the key, but the beat of her runway walk on M is kinda off, usually, she walks on the beat while performing this song.

The highlight for me (Not) Remember You and Non-Fiction.

I hope she will keep working with her new vocal coach and show results on her 25th anniversary.

I believe she is the type of person that very hard on herself and tries her best in everything she did.

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 31st December 2022, 07:45 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV11M411y7x6/

I can hear that she is really struggling to sing M
I can't watch the whole thing due to too many people accessing the g-drive file, but i watched these and yeah M sounds really rough, almost as if she's trying to overshout the music by making her voice louder. High notes are hard on their own and when you don't have a perfect technique and your voice is a lot lower they will get even harder. She's a trooper, though, for still trying to perform that stuff instead of completely changing it, but i think it's time to do it to make it easier and less hard on her voice.
Old 31st December 2022, 08:33 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

The whole thing: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV15K...card.all.click

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 31st December 2022, 09:42 PM
End of the World Initiate

I have mixed feelings. The singing is... both bad and not bad at the same time. I actually think she really can't hear herself in her monitors. Like it doesn't sound like she's screaming / pushing for the most part, she just can't get the pitch. Like Together When... is probably the best breathing technique we've seen her sing this song with, but the pitch is so off in a lot of places. November is the same.

I don't think it's easy for her to do this, so I appreciate this. She's probably not happy with this vocal performance, either. I feel so bad for her, because she's definitely trying, and when she's on pitch it sounds so great. I wish there was just some way to make it easier for her in the performance (the pitch). Honestly, I'd probably prefer her to lip sync to tracks she's recorded in a controlled environment where it's easier at this point.

Last edited by maikaru; 31st December 2022 at 09:45 PM.
Old 31st December 2022, 09:52 PM
walking proud Initiate

I thought it was a great show. Yes, some of the songs that require really high notes were a struggle. I thought November sounded the roughest actually. But then other songs I thought were done excellently, like Moments. That was one of the best Moments performances.
Old 1st January 2023, 02:11 AM
appears Initiate

So I just watched Together when and November, which was the section I was interested the most, and I'm disappointed, even the calm verses on Together when sound bad.
Makes you wonder how much they edit her voice on those near perfect TV lives from some days ago... or it may be the exhaust of her voice after the rock section, as some said. Who knows.
Old 1st January 2023, 02:36 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I don't think any of her TV-streamed lives have ever been perfect. If you saw one it might have been one that they edited beforehand that was not a live broadcast?
Old 1st January 2023, 04:17 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahz- View Post
So I just watched Together when and November, which was the section I was interested the most, and I'm disappointed, even the calm verses on Together when sound bad.
Makes you wonder how much they edit her voice on those near perfect TV lives from some days ago... or it may be the exhaust of her voice after the rock section, as some said. Who knows.
Those lives being pre-recorded, she can perform everything more than once and use the best take. I don't think they are super edited, but the enviroment is way more controlled.

I think that considering everything she sounded ok during the concert. Noticed she went more off-key on parts she had less prerecorded voice and back up singers to use as a guide (the ballads).

There was also some lip-sync, mas less than she could actually use if the wanted to.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 1st January 2023, 07:38 AM
Two of us Initiate

Whoever styled (or was it Ayu's own decision...?) her for the encore segment... omg

It looked quite bad.

Other than that, pretty happy with the concert! She looks fabulous when she's in the right costumes that complements her current body shape. Vocal wise.. well I think it's nothing too different from the other CDLs.

Old 1st January 2023, 07:54 AM
too late Initiate

I enjoyed the show.
Her vocal is OK, the worst part is November & Key to me.
She can't reach the long high note with the clear vocal but it was nice with Moment section and the beginning songs
Old 1st January 2023, 08:34 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayufan89 View Post
Whoever styled (or was it Ayu's own decision...?) her for the encore segment... omg
She looked 20 years younger

I ripped the concert if anyone is interested. Link

Last edited by SKYia; 1st January 2023 at 09:26 AM.

Tags
cdl, countdown live, countdown live 2022-2023