[ARASHI] The 34th thread ~ 49th single I seek / Daylight (18.05) - Page 25 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2016, 05:50 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Yesterday's J-Melo - Hey ! Say ! JUMP's MajiSUNSHINE + Campus Buzz (Keio University and Arashi)

https://www.facebook.com/28372528711...4242109922112/

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 16th May 2016, 07:07 PM
I am... Initiate

Years ago, these threads used to be much more active.
I guess, people fell out of fandom?

Thanks for keeping it going.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 17th May 2016, 06:07 AM

Today is Flying Get day for I seek / Daylight

Outside Tower Records Umeda Osaka Marubiru

https://twitter.com/ars_617/status/732435644618817537

Quote:
99.9 (TBS, Sun, 21:00)
Matsumoto Jun, Kagawa Teruyuki
E1 - 15.5%
E2 - 19.1%
E3 - 16.2%
E4 - 16.3%
E5 - 18.9%
https://twitter.com/unleashthegeek/s...44378115153920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga-chan View Post
Years ago, these threads used to be much more active.
I guess, people fell out of fandom?

Thanks for keeping it going.
Yeah & there were people I used to know who supported the Johnnys quite considerably but now they're not into them anymore which's a pity

Nowadays the Johnnys threads on here are mainly kept updated by me and occasionally the weirdo user or 2 (not referring to you) pops in and post and they're not even loyal Johnnys fans to begin with

They just post to stir up random weird trouble/interest and ask lame questions that sometimes I don't even have the answer to

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Last edited by KarenPang; 17th May 2016 at 06:42 AM.
Old 17th May 2016, 07:56 AM
I am... Initiate

That's really a pity. I am not that much into Johnny's like I used to be, too. But the occasional song is fine. And their variety shows and interviews are usually fun to watch.
I'm not really into the newer Johnny's, though. Probably because of age difference? They could be my children. lol

But what's with those, say, younger Johnny's groups and losing members? Was it like that back in the day, too? I mean one or two members are, let's say, fine, depending on the original number, but losing half the members like NEWS and KAT-TUN?

The thing is, it really seems like the members of Arashi like each other. But with KAT-TUN I don't know. I figured that they may not reach their 10th anniversary. It's not like it's about being born in a different generation, because they were all born in the 80s. I guess it's a difference in character.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 17th May 2016, 08:03 AM

yeah I'm not into the recent Johnnys groups but I like/support Kis-My-Ft2 . I don't support Sexy Zone & Johnnys WEST though

Seems that the more established Johnnys from ARASHI onwards are more stable as to see members leave from KAT-TUN to NEWS & even Hey ! Say ! JUMP is so depressing

Anyway as with any group , I think each ARASHI members' relationships weren't that good when they were 1st formed . For Ohno , the other 4 didn't even know he existed within the agency as back then , Ohno was in Kyoto often to do stageplays

Let alone Sakurai had a really bad temper as he gets angry/agitated frequently but as time goes by , he's more mellowed down considerably

Before they hosted VS ARASHI , they were already hosting a whole string of different variety shows but VS ARASHI alongside with Hitmitsu , Arashi no Shukudai-kun (they shouldn't have cancelled it =( ) & Arashi ni Shiyagere helped to elevate their popularity , alongside with their individual activities/achivements too

Of course back then MatsuJun was the most popular cos of his acting in Gokusen & subsequently Hana Yori Dango but now each of them are equally popular which's a rarity as it's seldom heard of that in groups/bands as normally only 1/2 are the most popular while the other members are not

Old 17th May 2016, 08:23 AM
I am... Initiate

Hey! Say! JUMP lost members, too?!

It's natural that there is tension. They are individuals with different personalities after all. And they have to spend lots of time together.
It seems Arashi learnt to accept their differences. No one ever seems to say things like talk more to Ohno.

I would have never thought that Sakurai gets easily irritated. He doesn't look like that at all anymore. lol

I really really like that everyone in Arashi is popular. Like that their popularity probably won't waver easily. It's nice that it's not MatsuJun plus 4 other guys.
Just like when they ask mostly female guests which Arashi member they like most, not everyone says MatsuJun. It's cute that Oguri Shun is a huge Ohno fan. ^^

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 17th May 2016, 08:30 AM

Yeah HSJ's Morimoto left 5 years ago as he was caught for underage smoking :x

At least now he's returning back to the music business with a new group although I couldn't recognise him at 1st lol

From what I know , Sakurai was quite feared in the agency as his temper was just really bad . He's not like that anymore as I guess time mellowed things down

As for Ohno , nobody literally knew who he was when they announce their group formation on a cruise ship in Hawaii some 17 years back . I think that time it was the 1st time the other 4 saw/met him in person o_O

Well at least things worked out nicely for them now . Someone in the group should start to settle down 1st although given their non stop never seem to waver down popularity I don't know

And for Ohno to get caught in a relationship sometime back , heh that was a surprise given that he's a mummy's boy (whose mum still buy his clothes up to now -_-)

Last edited by KarenPang; 17th May 2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 17th May 2016, 08:45 AM
I am... Initiate

I heard about their formation. They talked about it during their stay in Hawaii around their 15th anniversary? And Ohno started crying. lol They said they all started crying, but no one wants to see that. Not true. I wanted to see it! *o*

He may just not have the time to go shopping? I mean it's the person who cuts his own hair, we are talking about. lol Perhaps he prefers to go fishing or to draw than to go shopping. Or he's just bad with choosing clothes. =P

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 17th May 2016, 08:53 AM

Yes that was true and for them to go back to the very same place when they made their debut , it was emotional to them for sure

Last I know , Ohno ordered his clothes & shoes via Direct Mail . I don't know if he still does it but hey his mum knows best x)

Old 17th May 2016, 08:56 AM
I am... Initiate

To go shopping as a Johnny's must be difficult as is. lol

That reminds me of the time when, I think, Sakurai said that Ohno put his chin forward, so no one recognizes him. LOL

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 17th May 2016, 09:02 AM

Maybe that's why some Johnnys come here to my country for private holidays as they cherish the privacy when they're overseas because no way they can walk freely if they're in Japan

And when Sakurai came here , he was able to walk around freely like a normal tourist from Japan . He also said he visited certain places of interest in my country and nobody recognised him O_O

Old 17th May 2016, 09:16 AM
I am... Initiate

Yeah. It must be refreshing to walk around town without people going Kya~h. lol

Like that segment in that one Arashi show, forgot the title, where Sakurai tries to be a normal tourist and not be recognized. Doesn't seem to work at all. lol

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 17th May 2016, 09:20 AM

Indeed & I don't know why but to me seeing Johnnys in person in the flash , they look exactly the same as on TV/PV/magazine

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing o_O

Aiba also came here before as well but that was for Tensai Shimura Doubsten and he visited the bird park . He was so scared of the numerous different birds it's quite hilarious actually LOL

Old 17th May 2016, 09:26 AM
I am... Initiate

Did you see someone in person?

I would say it's a good thing. Means they aren't overly photoshopped etc.

Even if you like birds, many of them at once must be quite scary. lol

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 17th May 2016, 09:30 AM

Yeah I've seen a few Johnnys in person when they came here

- Sakurai
- Ex KAT-TUN's Tanaka
- Tackey
- Kisumai's Kitayama
- A.B.C.Z's Kawai

Sakurai came here 3 years ago & he was the 1st Johnny I saw in person together with my sister who's a big fan of him . I was quite starstuck as that was a rare opportunity

For the other 4 , I saw them last year . For Tackey , Kitayama & Kawai , it was during Takizawa Kabuki Singapore while for Tanaka , it was during a music festival

===

Packaging for both CD + DVD editions of I seek / Daylight

Spoiler:
CD + DVD A

CD + DVD B

Is it me or the packaging looks really cheap for both ? :x

Last edited by KarenPang; 17th May 2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 17th May 2016, 11:00 AM

JNET Message - I seek / Daylight release with English subtitles

https://www.facebook.com/66475953697...3942840391918/

Old 17th May 2016, 12:29 PM
I am... Initiate

Perhaps it's just the photographs? It's like the lighting makes them look overly plastic-y or something. I mean, it is plastic. =P

Have you talked to any of the Johnny's you've seen or met?
My friend who lives in Osaka told me that she once saw Uchi with his grandmother. Kind of cute.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 17th May 2016, 01:32 PM

Sorry I wasn't referring to the quality but rather the image concept of their new single

It looks really ... bare ? It's so different unlike Calling / Breathless . Anyway despite this , fans will still buy & I think I seek / Daylight will be able to sell well since both single songs are used for their dramas

And nah I wished I did , I was super near Tanaka when INKT came last November . Just that it was surreal to see him walked so freely/openly together with his band mate :O

Old 17th May 2016, 04:31 PM

The entire contents of I seek / Daylight have been uploaded online

PV wise , Daylight is way better . It's really odd that the sound effects were kept intact in the I seek PV o_O

Like Nino doing his cards shuffling in the I seek PV , the sound is kept intact & likewise when MatsuJun was flipping through the magazine . That kind of downgraded the PV and let alone waste of video flim too

Daylight PV has a lot of great shots of the members , be it group or solo . Reminds me of NEWS's Hikari no Shizuku & a gloomier version of To be free to a certain extent

I like the 2 B-sides . Tadaima is really touching & supersonic is just an in your face upbeat song

I think I seek / Daylight will be able to sell well , hopefully on par with what Calling / Breathless sold as I feel this time round , it deserves to have high sales

Old 17th May 2016, 05:09 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
It looks really ... bare ? It's so different unlike Calling / Breathless . Anyway despite this , fans will still buy & I think I seek / Daylight will be able to sell well since both single songs are used for their dramas
Ah, sorry. ^^;
Yeah, Daylight/I seek really is somewhat bare. But that minimalism fits the title, I guess? Between those two designs I prefer I seek/Daylight. Nice touch with the flowers.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Closed Thread

Tags
arashi, jstorm