Ayu songs in dreams? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 28th May 2014, 03:06 PM
rainy day Initiate

Ayu songs in dreams?

Anyone ever had any dreams with ayus music in them? Or more importantly, new ayu songs / ayu songs that don't exist?

I dream of music often, and I just had a dream that I was watching a documentary on fads or extremely popular icons in pop culture and the opening segment was about ayu. The people in the video were talking about ayus popularity and how the "A" symbol was representative of something very fanatical. Then during a montage of her performances and PVs, a song entitled "ashita ii..." was played (which I believe is a sentence fragment? "tomorrow good / good tomorrow ?) and it was sooo good. It had that melancholic/nostalgic vibe and sounded similar to the bridge in Duty (those strings were in there) mixed with the bridge in Don't look back. It sounded like a very classic ayu song, and her voice was classic duty era voice as well. I remember thinking in my dream that I must download it and play it on repeat. Then I woke up and saved the chorus melody.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Or even perhaps certain ayu songs that always appear in your dreams?
Old 28th May 2014, 03:28 PM
ayu trance Initiate

That's crazy! Do you think you could record the melody, I'd love to hear that!

I've never had dreams about songs, but more about releases. The most precise one was right after GREEN was released, I had a dream that the next album was titled ORANGE! ahaha

The booklet had no picture of Ayumi, but lots of paintings between impressionism and traditional Japanese art. One of the song was just Ayu speaking with no instruments for 2 minutes, which I thought was both creative and weird. It must show how bad I am at creating melodies!
Old 28th May 2014, 03:39 PM
Banned

I dreamt I was Madonna's assistant and almost had sex with her. >.>/
Old 28th May 2014, 05:16 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

^ Wow I have no words for that.

I sometimes dream of some album release which is in reality no album by ayu. Just weird titles. My dreams are boring.
Old 28th May 2014, 05:56 PM
As if.. Initiate

The last year (I don't remember the day, but it was before A BEST LIVE starts) I dreamed ayu singing a very strange Depend on you/Gangnam style mash-up with PSY in her tour XD She was wearing the AT08 Depend on you outfit and the stage was like the one on AT10 with the central stage and another 2 stages at both sides... It was hilarious xD
Old 28th May 2014, 08:24 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I dreamt about this concert where she was singing Beautiful Fighters and shook my hand when she got closer to the audience then I started to cry of happiness!
Old 28th May 2014, 08:44 PM
Initiate

Last year I dreamed Ayu was recording the videos for her 51st single 「Making Fate/Emotions」in my hometown! One was an amazing ballad, and emotions was very "Touch My Body"-esque
Old 28th May 2014, 09:12 PM
P.S II Initiate

Yes!

Last summer, if I remember correct, I had a dream of her coming to my small, almost non-existent town and she performed Greatful days, evolution and You & Me in the square. It was clearly summer in dream

Then, not so long ago, I dreamt she was at my home and I told her that her CDL 11-12 performance of November was absolutely gorgeous.
She said Awww.. and she hugged me~~
This time no music playing, though~

眺めているだけじゃ いつまでも手に出来ない
眺めているだけじゃ 君の物にはならない

Old 28th May 2014, 10:37 PM
rainy day Initiate

Interesting! I wish I could hear all the dreams where new compositions appeared in the minds of fans.

Now that I think of it, it's possible and more plausible that ayu was singing "aittai" which seems to translate to "I want to see you / I miss you" which is the feeling the composition and arrangement of the song in my dream evoked.
Old 29th May 2014, 06:10 AM
Far away Initiate

I didn't know exactly if this was a dream or purely an imagination... but back then when I first became an Ayu's fan, I was still an elementary student and I didn't have much memory; I had very limited source of Ayu's songs, I only knew some popular songs that she regularly performed on her concerts, and I didn't know how "I am..." sounds like. Later on, I began to assume I am... sounds like this: "I am... yasunari...(random Japanese)" the melody to be exact was: re-sol... sol-sol-la-si-sol

I believe that it came from my dream -I even assumed that I am... had a PV!- therefore the melody has really left impression on me.

Until I finally could have a listen to the actual "I am...", I was like, "So that wasn't the song!?"

I also dreamed of attending ayu's fanmeeting somewhere, she just appeared on the stage and I woke up.
Old 29th May 2014, 12:12 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I remember that when L came out i'd dream of Last Angel, it happened like three times i guess, i was alone in my dream and randomly started to sing the beginning of the song.
Also I once dreamed that I was home at like 6am and knew some weird old lady was coming to kill me, so I was calmly packing my things to get out of town and I told myself with a smile "Let's leave this city before the sun rises" (And Then lyrics)

I dreamed of attending some concerts too, but i don't think i ever dreamed about a new song though

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 29th May 2014, 12:45 PM
Banned

Oh I dreamt once I was going to an Ayu concert but my dad made me late so we were in the back, and she had huge blow-up clowns on stage.
Old 31st May 2014, 08:44 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Just had a dream that the new album was called "My Methods/ A Methods"...i know such a stupid title hahaha and the cover was really colorful and fierce looking
Old 31st May 2014, 09:36 PM
Voyage Initiate

I dreamt I heard Leilo today. (I haven't listened to the previews btw) It was dancey and I was loving it!
Old 7th June 2014, 08:30 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by November4 View Post
Oh I dreamt once I was going to an Ayu concert but my dad made me late so we were in the back, and she had huge blow-up clowns on stage.
^The last part sounds like a nightmare to me :S

I had a dream (like a month or so ago) that I attended POWER of MUSIC tour and she was in Fukuoka and talked about her life there. She wore the same outfit she wore while singing forgiveness mixed with what she wore while singing Mirrorcle World (I know, weird). I feel like I didn't recognize the song she sang after I woke up, but I probably just don't remember x)

Oh and once, me and Ayu were sitting on a bench and she was crying over Manny... Then me and a bunch of fans (?) sang SEASONS and teddy bear to her.

Last edited by Sandy; 7th June 2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 8th June 2014, 06:57 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I dreamed the name of the MOON/blossom single before it was announced, but granted we already knew her two new songs were called MOON and blossom by that point. I just remember waking up and thinking "MOON/blossom would be a really good single title!' and then I went here to AHS and there was the announcement.

Old 13th June 2014, 01:37 AM
And Then Initiate

I dream about music all the time. I can't remember any dreams with Ayumi singing herself, but I had a dream once where I was singing Song 4 U with Lady Gaga. O_O Oh oh - I also had a dream once where I met Lia and Ayumi walked by and I met her to!

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Old 29th January 2017, 03:32 AM
appears Initiate

I dreamed of Ayu/Ayu's music twice:

1. Ayu was giving a private performance singing UNITE!, I remember it was a house, very colorful lol and me and Koda Kumi were shaking and crying on the crowd.

2. This dream was about UFOs (evil ones), and I was trying to stop them, it was like a fucking movie xD Ayumi was on of the people fighting for the Earth, and we promised each other we will be the best friends once we complete our mission.

... please don't judge me
Old 30th January 2017, 12:39 AM
still alone Initiate

I have never had Ayu's music in my dream. At least I am not 100% sure but maybe.
I know Ayu has certainly been in my dreams before though. No other singer or celebrity has ever been in my dreams.
Old 30th January 2017, 06:43 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Once. It was stupid Seasons >_<