[News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~II~ - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th July 2018, 07:32 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Part of me wish Ayu would retire so she wouldn't have to deal with haters and her toxic as fuck fandom
Although I don't wish for her to retire, I fully agree with you about the haters and toxic fandom... No wonder Ayu disabled the commenting function on IG... I
Old 25th July 2018, 07:34 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowo View Post
"I don't buy an album since 2012 and I'm not buying this one too!"

lol... okay?

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 25th July 2018, 07:35 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumi_croatia View Post
Two things I dislike about this project:

1. It being teased as an album and promoted as an album, while having only 5 tracks

2. It having only 3 new songs, and the other two being subpar for her standard

And no amount of guilt tripping can convince me than they aren't foul AF for doing it this way. And by "they" I mean Ayu, her team, Max Matsuura, Avex etc.
I'm not excited about the release itself either, but people don't need to act like Ayu invented cancer because they don't like something a popstar is releasing.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 25th July 2018, 07:37 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
I'm not excited about the release itself either, but people don't need to act like Ayu invented cancer because they don't like something a popstar is releasing.
YASSSS and

Quote:
Part of me wish Ayu would retire so she wouldn't have to deal with haters and her toxic as fuck fandom
I'd be very pleased to see these people making another hell of drama because of her retirement. Pure quality entertainment.

i'm just tryna find love

Old 25th July 2018, 07:53 PM
GAME Initiate

the entire thing is a symptom of her becoming more focused on her tours than being, you know, a recording artist. i've been saying for a LONG time that she can't realistically direct her energies towards both equally. she's not in her twenties anymore. touring is both mentally and physically exhausting.

and you know, to her credit, maybe she doesn't want to release an album full of 15 tacky kpop rejects a la koda kumi. the landscape of pop music is so piss poor, she's likely receiving tons of trash demos. A stellar quality pop album like A ONE being released in 2015, is the exception, not the rule.
Old 25th July 2018, 08:01 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
"Ayu invented cancer"
Old 25th July 2018, 08:01 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I wonder if the amount of songs have to do with time constraints or more with her physical constraints? I mean, she had two years, so she theoretically had the time but I wonder if her ears are limiting her in some way and this is the best she can do for now?
Old 25th July 2018, 08:04 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
the entire thing is a symptom of her becoming more focused on her tours than being, you know, a recording artist. i've been saying for a LONG time that she can't realistically direct her energies towards both equally. she's not in her twenties anymore. touring is both mentally and physically exhausting.

and you know, to her credit, maybe she doesn't want to release an album full of 15 tacky kpop rejects a la koda kumi. the landscape of pop music is so piss poor, she's likely receiving tons of trash demos. A stellar quality pop album like A ONE being released in 2015, is the exception, not the rule.
this is kinda the tea though ngl. (I say that while still remaining perched to bop to DNA lol)
Old 25th July 2018, 08:42 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I wonder if the amount of songs have to do with time constraints or more with her physical constraints? I mean, she had two years, so she theoretically had the time but I wonder if her ears are limiting her in some way and this is the best she can do for now?
That could be true, and she also could just have writer's block and is not trying to force herself to write lyrics that may not be true to her just for the sake of having more songs. I know it is her job but writer's block can be a difficult thing to overcome and can sometimes take a long while.
Old 25th July 2018, 08:51 PM
TO BE Initiate

If that's the case, then she should not even release a new album.
Old 25th July 2018, 08:51 PM
Over Initiate

Am I the only one who sees something very wrong with the box cover? First off, her posture does not at all look like she's leaning on that couch. And even more importantly, her hair is very badly photoshopped and as you can see through it, the picture is clearly taken on a white background!

All that drama about Max and the watch, I wonder if there were even a man in that photo shoot.
Old 25th July 2018, 08:54 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by love in music View Post
That could be true, and she also could just have writer's block and is not trying to force herself to write lyrics that may not be true to her just for the sake of having more songs. I know it is her job but writer's block can be a difficult thing to overcome and can sometimes take a long while.
That's interesting! Maybe she felt pressured to say something profound for her anniversary and got writer's block, haha.
Old 25th July 2018, 09:02 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

She has been releasing music non stop for the last 20 years. I don't think I can think of any pop star around there who worked as hard as she did, maybe only Seiko Matsuda. Seen people complaining about "not doing enogh" in a world where Utada just didn't work for 8 years straight and Namie pretty much just had the effort to record vocals is kinda sad.

Maybe there just wasn't anything for her to say.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 25th July 2018, 09:03 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkShinigami View Post
Am I the only one who sees something very wrong with the box cover? First off, her posture does not at all look like she's leaning on that couch. And even more importantly, her hair is very badly photoshopped and as you can see through it, the picture is clearly taken on a white background!
We saw the 'venue' and what backgrounds were used. It looks as though the guy is on the edge of the couch and she's more leaning on him.
Old 25th July 2018, 10:14 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
THIS
Old 25th July 2018, 10:19 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Wait... this is a mini album or??

p.s. this cover is so distasteful...

Especially the "Calvin Klein" part.

Last edited by Maemi; 25th July 2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 25th July 2018, 10:27 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
I agree with you, but I think there is another factor, like Andrenekoi said. Maybe she doesn't have a lot of things to say for now. I can't recall another pop artist who wrote down her life so intensely through words in 20 years.

First, I think she sees herself as a performer AND a storyteller. She and her team prepare scripts for the shows, based on songs that most of the times rely on telling a story, more than creating an atmosphere (like Utada songs).

i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 26th July 2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 25th July 2018, 10:34 PM
TO BE Initiate

^ But didn't she say a while ago around the time she told us about her right ear getting worse that she has a lot to say? I may remember incorrectly though
Old 25th July 2018, 10:37 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Nobody said that though.
Sorry if I misunderstood it, but that was how it came across to me.

I personally am still optimstic about this release, but I can understand the frustrations.
Old 25th July 2018, 11:00 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiko View Post
^ But didn't she say a while ago around the time she told us about her right ear getting worse that she has a lot to say? I may remember incorrectly though
maybe she hasn't been able to put these feelings into words that could fit the lyrics yet, or maybe like someone has mentioned she hasn't received any good demos...
Closed Thread

Tags
trouble