[Info] "humming 7/4" PV and MY STORY tracklist from ayu.livedoor.biz - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 28th November 2004, 04:47 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
I don't think it is. I whipped out my conducting skills (yay for band in high school!) and conducted Surreal in 4/4 time throughout the ENTIRE song. The tempo didn't change either.
really? i thought surreal was a 5/4 song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacper87
9.Moments
10.walking proud
11.CAROLS

It's very unlike to place 3 ballads in a row, especially for ayu. Cmon' this wolud be so boring, so i guess the tracklist is fake
a) walking proud sounds like a decently fast song to me.
b) i think she's had 3 "slow" songs in a row on every album so far..even memorial address!
Old 28th November 2004, 04:56 PM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakkun
Let's just face it, a native English speaker would not have come up with alot of Ayu's Engrish titles, like, 'My name's WOMEN' or 'appears' or 'WE WISH'. They were obviously (poorly) translated straight from Japanese.
How do I know this? Well, in Japanese, like most Asian languages, in most cases there's no difference between singular and plural so you use the same word for both 'woman' and 'women'. My theory is that Ayu probably thought she wanted the title to represent all of women but that went in conflict with 'My' which should've been 'Our', for it to make sense.
I have actually gotten used to the title "my name's WOMEN". After re-repeating it several times it actually makes some sense now and isn't as incorrect as I was shocked in the start. It actually is sounding sorta natural now, I don't feel the title is weird anymore.
As for "WE WISH" and "appears", wow those titles seem completely fine, I see no mistakes in them at all.
The only song I still think has a wrong title is "Greatful days", however I have to sorta agree that it sounds much cooler than if it were just "Great days", it seems to have much more emphasis. So in that part I would agree with lolo66, about an artist having the ability to play with words and create neologism. the lyterature is full of it

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 28th November 2004 at 04:58 PM.
Old 28th November 2004, 05:31 PM
Mirror Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
play with words and create neologism. the lyterature is full of it
you have just created one

and we wish & appears dont have any problems at all!
Old 28th November 2004, 07:25 PM
momentum Protector

Thanks...It would be good if it were 17 instead of 15 songs...

soysaucestar

Old 29th November 2004, 01:17 AM
Who... Initiate

what a wierd song title.. o_O

THANX naru!!!!!!!
-- lizziemeister ;]
Old 29th November 2004, 04:49 AM
Initiate

Location: I might be somewhere watching over you... And you might be the next one to be kill under me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayurendy
I dunno if it is true......i have this link....http://ayu.livedoor.biz/
and also a new rumour tracklist :

1.Catcher In The Light
2.About You
3.GAME
4.my name's WOMEN
5.WONDERLAND
6.Liar
7.HOPE or PAIN
8.HAPPY ENDING
9.Moments
10.walking proud
11.CAROLS
12.Kaleidoscope
13.INSPIRE
14.HONEY
15.Replace
16.winding road
17.humming 7/4

can't trust it,,,,,,coz it is said that there'll be 15 songs...not 17....but the article of the PV seems reliable.....if you have translate it.......
OHMEHGOSHER! "HAPPY ENDING" sounded like Avril. Hahaha... 'Bout " humming 7/4" this title for a song is kinda interestin'...

Hugo Perry's Xanga

| !UPDATED! |

Old 29th November 2004, 04:51 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

^LOL, you're so right! "So much for my Happy Ending!"

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 29th November 2004, 05:10 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
I don't think it is. I whipped out my conducting skills (yay for band in high school!) and conducted Surreal in 4/4 time throughout the ENTIRE song. The tempo didn't change either.
I thinks it's 6/8 time...

Quote:
Ayu's time signatures are constantly changing in her songs. "Surreal" is a perfect example.
The time signature doesn't change... in the middle of the song, it's a matter of different rhythms...

Got Ayu?

Old 29th November 2004, 06:58 AM
Prologue Initiate

i dunno.... everything seems so FAKE to me! all...the tracklist, the song titles, well, ayu WOULDN'T put a song with another silly title right?

my name's WOMEN, for example
love the song
loath the title

no please, this isn't true i hope
Old 29th November 2004, 07:10 AM
Prologue Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiso
I strongly sidagree! I am sure the title was meant to be "my name's WOMEN". It DOES make sense and, hello people, IT IS GRAMATICALLY correct!

If Uou would have a pet and name it "WOMEN" and the pet could talk, woouldn't it say: "my name's WOMEN"? So, GRAMATICALLY, it IS ok...

And the meaning of the title is a different story...
Old 29th November 2004, 07:20 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larisa-chan
Odd, when I opened the song in Sound Forge, it changed from 3/4, to... um... 6/4 (I think), then back to 4/4. I counted the beats in those perameters, and it worked (though I can't remember if it was really 6/4), so yeah. Then again, Sound Forge isn't ment persay for pop MP3s, so yeah. You could very well be right, cause I'm cosntantly wrong.
Old 29th November 2004, 07:36 PM
Replace Initiate

SURREAL is definitely 4/4 the whole way through. SoundForge listens for accentuated beats but doesn't count to make sure it fits within the context of the whole song. Only a human can do that.

The only song where ayu actually changes TIME signature, as in the sheet music actually changes and the song doesn't just suddenly change mood (which can be done with arrangement only, not the time actually changing), is HANABI ~episode II~.
Old 29th November 2004, 07:59 PM
Dolls Initiate

=x I love you all, but seriously? ..time signatures and beats, 4/4 =x enjoy the music and get out of your houses! Your going to end up going crazy and marring a blow up doll you named hamasaki =\ and you'll spend all day making/kniting it clothes, and feeding it, and bathing it, and walking through the park with it and going to the movies, and picnics...

=o sorry.

And yay for crazy titles!
Old 29th November 2004, 09:32 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmyC
=x I love you all, but seriously? ..time signatures and beats, 4/4 =x enjoy the music and get out of your houses! Your going to end up going crazy and marring a blow up doll you named hamasaki =\ and you'll spend all day making/kniting it clothes, and feeding it, and bathing it, and walking through the park with it and going to the movies, and picnics...

=o sorry.

hahaha.

I agree about the titles though, this tracklist is fun and semi-believable compared to the others floating around. I sort of hope this tracklist is real because I actually like most of the titles. And it will be great to have a 17-track album.

I actually love the title "my name's WOMEN".
Old 29th November 2004, 11:23 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmyC

=o sorry.

Ah I love it ~ héhé. And yeah, crazy title are cool ^^

Migi te wo tsunaide

Last edited by akatsuki; 29th November 2004 at 11:25 PM.
Old 30th November 2004, 02:23 AM
WE WISH Initiate

she always have unique titles
Old 30th November 2004, 11:24 AM
Initiate

Location: I might be somewhere watching over you... And you might be the next one to be kill under me...
1.Catcher In The Light <--- ...
2.About You
3.GAME
4.my name's WOMEN <--- I love everything 'bout it. I dun't see anythingy wrong with it at all...
5.WONDERLAND
6.Liar <--- I wanna hear this song!
7.HOPE or PAIN <--- The first time when i read across this title i thought it was Storm or rain!
8.HAPPY ENDING <--- Hamasaki Ayumi tryin' to be Avril Lavigne? Let's hope nut!
9.Moments
10.walking proud
11.CAROLS
12.Kaleidoscope
13.INSPIRE
14.HONEY <--- I hate songs title that's food! Yuck!
15.Replace <--- Replace? I refer another Heartplace II, but replace still sounded good.
16.winding road <--- Shoot meh if this is real!
17.humming 7/4 <---The rumor new song title called "humming 7/4" sounded kind of like those cyber music for meh. Honestly, i love the title so much the way it's. I dun't see anythinfin' wrong with it at all.

Hugo Perry's Xanga

| !UPDATED! |

Old 30th November 2004, 11:32 AM
independent Initiate

wow after reading some of the latest posts, we have quite a few ppl here that understand tempo and conducting bands and such..weeeeeee

BRAVO!
Old 30th November 2004, 06:31 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanFan
Yeah..maybe it could be something like she is trying to represent all women, or she's going to have lyrics similar to Real Me (Hopefully w/o Engrish) or at least the same idea.

Or she is personifying women, like saying my name is WOMEN and then she talks about herself, being WOMEN...I dunno, that'd make sense...
I agree... I think it's sort of an "I'm every woman" deal (who sings that again?) Like, she's relating all women to herself... wow, that's REALLY hard to put into words.