What do you Think of Zutto... / Last Minute / Walk? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 17th December 2014, 06:34 PM
ayu trance Initiate

What do you Think of Zutto... / Last Minute / Walk?

What do you think of the new single so far?

I feel like Zutto... was typical and unoriginal... 6/10

BUT

Walk was so beautiful and complex and had amazing vocals 8/10

Last Minute was O.K. a bit typical but cool and energetic 7/10
Old 17th December 2014, 09:51 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Last minute - Crappy rock ballad from RnRC
Zutto - Generic ballad with a WILL touch
Walk - Boring.

These were my first thoughts when I was listening to them. I repeat them like 7 times, and now they are growing slowy in me.

TWICE

Old 18th December 2014, 01:18 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

This single is really lovely. Ayu's voice is enjoyable to listen to, and it's the first work in a while from her that I've genuinely just been able to hum along to and just like having it on in the background. Perfect release for winter and I'll be making a purchase in the new year.
Old 19th December 2014, 06:00 PM
Initiate

all three are boring but zit is the most memorable for me, i haven't even put these on my iPhone yet , not like movin' on without you , which was added straight away
Old 19th December 2014, 08:03 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

After reading the lyrics translations, I think this single it's focused more on her emotions. Not like she never did this before tho lol, but it's been a while I liked so much her lyrics. Also her voice sounds raw but not weak, she's really good.
Walk and Last minute are so damn good. I could listen to them both all day long. Zutto... it's your typical lovely Ayu ballad. That's ok for me lol.

It's been a while since I have enjoyed her music so much. The last time was for BRILLANTE (lol ages ago).
Don't get me wrong. Both Party Queen and Colours were fun experiments (but imho PQ >>> Colours, anytime) and LOVE again, ugh, the only good things were the singles mini-albums for me. But they didn't never really blow me away. They were nice, maybe good, rarely great, but overall meh.. .

So tl;dr

I love this single, I'll gonna buy it for sure

Last edited by Kazeyomi; 19th December 2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 19th December 2014, 10:54 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Well it's her best single since Crossroads or even You Were.../BALLAD in my book, so i'm happy with it overall. I don't think any of the songs have a WOW-factor to them, they aren't that special in their own right but all of them are enjoyable and easy on the ears. They don't bore as some of her latest ballads tend to, and they actually capture some of that old Ayu magic we all seem to be missing.

Zutto... Is personally my favorite on the single, it's generic as hell but extremely stunning in it's simplicity.

DeviantArt | Coverlandia | Flickr | Tumblr

I’m the only one giving my all
and I suppose that’s how it must be..
i’ll push through the smoke and be buried in noise

Old 19th December 2014, 10:58 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Zutto... 8/10
Last minute 100/10
Walk 9/10
Old 20th December 2014, 12:19 AM
LIMIT Initiate

↑totally agree!! At first I thought, nooo not a depressing ballad for Christmas! But it appears to be quite positive and emotional, and her voice... Just WOW!! I love it so much!! And I can totally relate with her songs in this period of my life, which give it even more power.
Old 20th December 2014, 08:25 AM
appears Initiate

So bored. I'm not even interested in watching the videos or hearing the full versions.
Old 20th December 2014, 08:37 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

The first time I listened to the songs, I did not feel anything special. But soon I discoverd due personal circumstances as an exam I had planned, I was too stressed to feel the vibe she had put into the single.
I listened to the single when I was outside and it grew on me a lot. Zutto... is on repeat and Last Minute is great to listen to. Walk is good, though it will not be my favourite track.

So I guess for those who dislike the single, you should really listen again when you are going to feel that cold wintery, almost christmassy (or not) mood. Otherwise you would never "agree" with this single.
I am really liking it now so I give it an 8/10
Old 20th December 2014, 08:40 AM
Far away Initiate

Zutto... > Last minute > Walk

At first I agreed that Last minute was the best out of those 3, but after listening for a few times, Zutto... is the strongest track IMO. It might be generic or typical but I like the way it is. I can understand why it gets a PV and why it was decided as the first track.
Old 20th December 2014, 01:21 PM
Because of You Initiate

You know now when we have that bit of PV I can firmly say that the worst part of this single is the font on the covers >D

I really am very pleased with this single. this is what i've been waiting for from her. And while i am not a ballad person in general i really feel like she got that something that was missing for so long. That part of old Ayu. It isn't mindblowing but it is realy really decent.

I absolutelly adore Last minute, it's deffinitelly my favorite followed by Walk. And then Zutto. And while zutto is pretty generic and simple i think it still has it's beautiful moments there. It's enjoyable.

I'd give the single 7.5/10

Well done, Ayu!
Old 20th December 2014, 03:09 PM
Initiate

I'll copy my comment from the other thread.

I just felt very TOUCHED by all three songs, respectively in their own ways. It's not about quality per se. It's the way she sings them.

For Zutto, it's the little notes she made during the verses that haunts (maybe that's what she meant in interview that someone thinks this song is happy while others sad).

For LM, it's the raw emotion as others have mentioned.

For Walk, it's the integration of lyrics, melody, progression, and her voice, something that speaks her insecurities and make-belief that makes the listener feel powerful and sad at the same time.

So if we want to talk about resemblance and recycling, let's NOT talk about the similarity of MELODIES per se. A song is a lot more than an arrangement of tunes and rhythms. Instead, let's talk about the feelings ayu's songs deliver as a whole. Throughout her career, especially at the beginning when a lot of people were attracted to her, Ayu establishes an image of ambiguity and contradictions: take Trauma, one of her most iconic songs - its melody and arrangement is super happy, but the lyrics are deep and a bit sad, and the singing is aloof and catchy at the same time. It's a crazy mix of emotions, and I guess that's Ayu's magic. That's probably why she can grab the heart of so many diverse listeners.

A lot of some precious ayu songs have this quality of being both sad and happy but neither-nor situation (trauma, monochrome, immature, etc). This ambiguity has gone recently, but now it comes back - I guess that's what it means really to COME BACK. And I feel touched by this sophisticated ambiguity that hardly any other artists can deliver.
Old 21st December 2014, 04:38 AM
SURREAL Initiate

The songs are very nice, but not really memorable. The best part of the songs are Ayu's voice, which sounds wonderful. I think I'll wait for the album that these songs will be on to come out before purchasing them. Maybe if there were some cool lowkey remixes on this single I would be more interested.

Old 22nd December 2014, 10:55 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennie Mae View Post
The songs are very nice, but not really memorable (...) Maybe if there were some cool lowkey remixes on this single I would be more interested
Nicely said.

Avex owes me some more "Terminal" remixes (plus the Original mix -Instrumental-)...

I guess the songs are pretty. Moreover, I do like the visual concept of the single but the music itself is quite forgettable. Best part of it all is Ayu's voice, indeed!
Old 22nd December 2014, 11:06 PM
Paper Doll Protector

They're nice songs. None of them are destined to be new favorites of mine as far as I can tell but they're not disappointing. I like Walk and Last Minute best.
Old 23rd December 2014, 12:43 AM
too late Initiate

In the first time I heard the whole single, Last minute is truly cup of tea because It has the nice pre chorus and reminded me "Memorial Address" and Countdown" . Zutto ... and Walk is nothing special to me that time.

Then after the few time I replay this single, Zutto and Walk grows on me, and now I love them so much but Last minute makes me annoyed because of its rock part. I hope for the classical version ...
Zutto... is very nice, the arrangement is beautiful, gentle but enjoyable
Walk is also good (the best is lalalai part), I can imagine the great dance for this song, something from "Love again" is on this song...
I really love this single <3 8.5/10
Waiting the upcoming PV ... Only 1 day ...
Old 23rd December 2014, 06:21 PM
Love song H-Initiate

at the end of Zutto video we see frozen ayu
at the begiining of next song - Last minute - she sing about feeling cold
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:34 PM
As if.. Initiate

First I was a little bit like "meh...", but now I've been listening to it more and more, and have to say I really like it It really fits the season and my feelings atm, I like Last Minute the most, and the ending line of Walk.
Old 27th December 2014, 08:11 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Zutto...: It is a nice winter song, I like it but definitely not her best winter song nor the best song on the single. Her voice sounds too "pitchy" sometimes, but is tolerable. I'm sure it will grow on me, The more I listen to it the more I love it.
Last Minute: I love how Ayu sings this song *___* So emotional and powerful. Some people say something about bad mixing but honestly I can't hear it .__.
Walk: for me, the best song on the single and maybe the best one this year. I love everything about this one, so nostalgic and Ayu-ish. It sounds sad and at the same time gives a hint of hope. Not to mention how beautiful and meaningful the lyrics are for me. Komuro's compositions for Ayu never disappoints me

And I can truly feel Ayu on this single, as some people said this feel like a "come back" of the original Ayu

Last edited by Toniayu123; 27th December 2014 at 10:41 PM.

Tags
last minute, walk, zutto...