New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [VI] - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd March 2012, 06:51 PM
Dolls Initiate

I don't care what people say, but Timmy's "drunk" tweet (lamest excuse, btw) was completely uncalled for even if he did work on the songs. It didn't affect me at all personally, but it was quite condescending to fans. While the concept behind the cover was meant to be subtle, Ayu had to explain it. That doesn't make the fanbase stupid for not "getting" it.

That said, I love the covers! I was shocked at first but its kind of cool that Ayu's doing this. She's effin' hawt!

People who are **** shaming her for being the Panty Queen need to reevaluate their lives.
Old 3rd March 2012, 06:53 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

We don't even really know how or why he said that though. It could have been directed at some plant that he has in his house for all we know.
Old 3rd March 2012, 06:57 PM
GREEN Initiate

I cant believe this... lol, the irony... people are upset over the fact that timmy said something negative about all the negative feedback...
So everyone things they have the right to say what ever they want about the covers but Timmy cant saying anything back...
wow... just... wow.
Old 3rd March 2012, 06:59 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
... Eh. Okay, maybe I am totally missing a certain point here or I am dumb.

For example: I did not like the covers. Must say that it's okay now and I start to tolerate them. Personally I thought the covers were a bit cheap, very different and I guess they shocked me for the first time. But I guess that people did call ayu ****ty or trashy, because she did look like 'that' in the covers in their opinion. What I actually try to say: they are commenting on Ayus work. Not on Ayu herself! Is that a bad thing?
Just one of those....I did say that she looks like that on the covers, I could never ever call her as BEING trashy, cuz that's the whole different thing....and she's nowhere even close to that..

also I can totally understand his frustration, like HOW CAN U NOT GET THE FREAKING IDEA HERE... the difference is he is in the inside, we are on the outside, it's hard to see beyond especially with fishy stuff like that...not everyone can see deeper...

Last edited by BlackSilence; 3rd March 2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:04 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
I cant believe this... lol, the irony... people are upset over the fact that timmy said something negative about all the negative feedback...
So everyone things they have the right to say what ever they want about the covers but Timmy cant saying anything back...
wow... just... wow.
He basically complained because "we" didn't see the concept of the covers.
It was condescending, and like others have said it really isn't his place to be outraged. You don't see HAL being mad at people for thinking MY ALL's composition is crap or whatever.
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:05 PM
End of the World Initiate

My main problem with Timmy's tweet isn't what he said, when I first saw it I thought he was hyping up the mystery, not going off on one. People were upset by it though, and I think in his situation it's very hard. He and Ayu are close friends as well as colleagues, and considering that Twitter is so public, anything he says becomes a reflection on Ayu.

On the issue of the concept. I do like the covers, especially the LE, and they do look like parodies of magazine covers (albeit done very badly), considering we've only found the hints of "sad queen" in them after having it explains, shows a certain failure of concept. To be fair, I can only see it in the CD only. Of course, I think the titles alone show how the album will progress, and it fits the theme of a sad queen. Judging the covers alone though, they're not her most solid concept wise, she's looking really good on the LE edition though.

'a cup of tea' needs to be a morning after song. Tea and hangovers, story of my life.
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:06 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComatoseBunnySnatcher View Post
It was condescending, and like others have said it really isn't his place to be outraged. You don't see HAL being mad at people for thinking MY ALL's composition is crap or whatever.
And did people twitted Ayu or HAL to make sure her team would know some people think the song is crap?

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 3rd March 2012, 07:14 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
So? Your point? You are still saying he cant complain even though you can.
and bringing other people into this that don't complain is just plain stupid. HAL most likely is like ayumi when it comes to people complaining about his work. He doesn't care what you think.
Timmy is new to the scene and is mostly likely hurt.
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:15 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
And did people twitted Ayu or HAL to make sure her team would know some people think the song is crap?
Not that I know of, though its beside the point.

When someone in an artist's team does that to fans, **** will hit the fan.
I understand him being mad at people calling Ayu a **************, but it was directed at fans for not understanding the concept. I mean, its not like his plants listen to albums or anything... Who else would THAT be directed to?

@TA2004: basically, yes. I'm a fan, I support Ayumi by buying her albums.
He composes, but that's it. He knows he's in the wrong because he made a lame excuse. He is supposed to be a professional, and it reflects badly on Ayu when someone in her team acts no better than a stan.

Last edited by ComatoseBunnySnatcher; 3rd March 2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:19 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
I understand him being mad at people calling Ayu a **************, but it was directed at fans for not understanding the concept. I mean, its not like his plants listen to albums or anything... Who else would THAT be directed to?
People say some weird things when they're drunk?

I just think that we don't really know what he saw or why he posted that so there's no reason to assume that he came here or whatever and saw the reaction.
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:23 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Let's assume he learned to live with it, so that's why he used that lame excuse.

He is a newbie after all, but I must say - the PQ coverconcept aside - he has done great things. And I think he was also a nice add to the live tour. That would be the main reason why I would 'forgive' him for being like 'that.' It does not really matter if he was drunk or not: it's no fun when you are aware of the 'hate' for something you have made or have been a part of.
His reaction was understandable.

But... our reaction or this so-called 'hate' could have been seen as 'understandable' as well for him. And no, I am not talking about very extreme comments.

Last edited by xLuna&1LOVE; 3rd March 2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:25 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
People say some weird things when they're drunk?

I just think that we don't really know what he saw or why he posted that so there's no reason to assume that he came here or whatever and saw the reaction.
with the outrage over the covers, you still don't know why?
Its pretty apparent in the tweet...
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:31 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:

@TA2004: basically, yes. I'm a fan, I support Ayumi by buying her albums.
He composes, but that's it. He knows he's in the wrong because he made a lame excuse. He is supposed to be a professional, and it reflects badly on Ayu when someone in her team acts no better than a stan.
No... just no.
Just because you are a fan and he works for the company does not give you special privileges to say whatever you want and not have someone reply.
that is stupid. He can say whatever he wants and if you dont like it, well, maybe you shouldn't be saying anything negative to begin with.
If you can't handle it than dont dish it.
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:54 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
No... just no.
Just because you are a fan and he works for the company does not give you special privileges to say whatever you want and not have someone reply.
that is stupid. He can say whatever he wants and if you dont like it, well, maybe you shouldn't be saying anything negative to begin with.
If you can't handle it than dont dish it.
But comatosebunnysnatcher is right. Timmy can't just go around saying "anything he wants" when it comes to Ayu and her fans. He's a part of Ayu's team now, and his actions and behavior have the potential to reflect poorly on Ayu, especially in an extremely group oriented country like Japan. Besides, this isn't just some hobby for him; being part of Ayu's team as her composer is his job, and you need to act professionally when your job is involved.
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:55 PM
SEASONS Initiate

What a bunch of drama queens seriously.
Some of you better get a life besides ayu.
Let some say what they want to say, don't start another useless argument on 10 pages please...
Those covers are controversial to begin with. Deal with some ""rude"" comments.
Old 3rd March 2012, 08:02 PM
July 1st Initiate

"I am your Drama Queeeeee~n"
Old 3rd March 2012, 08:05 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
But comatosebunnysnatcher is right. Timmy can't just go around saying "anything he wants" when it comes to Ayu and her fans. He's a part of Ayu's team now, and his actions and behavior have the potential to reflect poorly on Ayu, especially in an extremely group oriented country like Japan. Besides, this isn't just some hobby for him; being part of Ayu's team as her composer is his job, and you need to act professionally when your job is involved.
No. i think you are misunderstanding me. Im not saying what he did was right. But people can not be surprised at him being upset. And to say he cant say anything when he can is just stupid.

Furthermore I don't think it is unprofessional at all to defend your work or the people you work for.

Last edited by TeamAyu2004; 3rd March 2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 3rd March 2012, 08:06 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
It should be the real title of this arubamu!
Old 3rd March 2012, 08:16 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
What a bunch of drama queens seriously.
Some of you better get a life besides ayu.
Let some say what they want to say, don't start another useless argument on 10 pages please...
Those covers are controversial to begin with. Deal with some ""rude"" comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
YES.
Old 3rd March 2012, 08:17 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
No. i think you are misunderstanding me. Im not saying what he did was right. But people can not be surprised at him being upset. And to say he cant say anything when he can is just stupid.

Furthermore I don't think it is unprofessional at all to defend your work or the people you work for.
lol Okay, let me put it this way: obviously he CAN say what he wants, it's not like there's some weird force at work that makes it impossible for him to say certain things, BUT that doesn't mean that it's not unprofessional or that it can't have any negative repercussions.

I did not say it's unprofessional to defend your work. I said you have to be professional when dealing with your work. The way he worded his tweet was what made it unprofessional, not the fact that he tried to defend it.

So, no, I didn't misunderstand you; I think you're just looking at this from a naive point of view.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, how beautiful you are, party queen, taskebab