New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [VII] - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th March 2012, 08:35 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Another reason why i hate this cover!
I was wishing to order the box set
but since this . . . picture is there
I will be in big trouble if i did
Old 6th March 2012, 11:33 AM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
A BEST managed it beautifully
unfortunately, not any new quality-made conceptual photos now
A BEST is just the best ever for me
Old 6th March 2012, 11:53 AM
count down Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post

So I circled where I see three arms. One, in the reflection, looks to be raised above her head and touching the top of the table or whatever.
The other, below her and farthest from us, looks to be resting on the ground.
The other, in front and closest to us, is also resting on the ground.

... Sorry, I don't know. Am I insane and in need of sleep?
the first and last circle are reflections. last circle is reflection of the arm we can obviously see

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 6th March 2012, 12:57 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
Well, it depends on what you mean by "poor execution". For me that would include things like her hair, because I don't think she looks her best. I don't think Ayu did her hair like that to make people upset. Or the tabloid idea that includes leopard print? I don't know what tabloid uses that print, and I don't think that was part of Ayu's "trick". I think what Auy knew would get people talking are things like her positions and her lack of clothing. Not the leopard print, which is what I have issue with.
I think you are missing my point. The point isn't what the cover LOOKS like such as design. But it has people talking and causes a great divide with the "likes" and "dislikes" like a real tabloid. When you see a celebrity caught in a scandal of course your first reaction isn't going to be "OMG at least she's gorgeous and her hair is perfect." It's going to be that polarizing emotion the tabloid cover brings out.
Old 6th March 2012, 01:38 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigodansu View Post
If it were to show how they use her, they wouldnt agree to publish it. Considering the pics were originally for the lifestyle book with someone's perverted idea how to show off her shoe collection. I'm guessing someone at Avex didnt like the book would have sold to mostly women and she was coerced into making it sell to men. There had to be a better way to show her shoes in a lifestyle book. I have no idea what anyone involved is thinking having photos of that sort taken of her to begin with, but using them as cd covers is beyond stupid, because not only will customs stop them in some countries, some stores will refuse to put them out on their shelves, so their greediness and trying to use oversexed to sell may cost some sales. They are highly over estimating the income of her fans thinking we all can buy the cds the dvds the blurays and 4 books.
Well avex did allow the A BEST covers as well as the alterna PV, Ourselves PV etc. They've allowed "controversial" material in the past - they have to in a sense, since Ayu commands a tonne of their finances.

Come to think of it, A BALLADS also had a "sexually charged" cover, with the two Ayu's embracing in a romantic-like pose. Did anyone have trouble importing that one? Granted that was a CD only, with the DVD included I can see some countries questioning the content, as well as some parents who buy albums for their kids!

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 6th March 2012, 01:53 PM
rainy day Initiate

^ No because that cover was shot absolutely beautifully. I have always felt that it is her best album cover EVER. That photoshoot was flawless and I literally bought the album just for that cover and bought 2 promotional posters for it (1 laminated). I think for many it's not about the sexual image here but how poorly it was executed. It is just so God-awfully hideous.

*Oops you were referring to the image and how it's received to overseas fans. Completely different topic. Lol.
Old 6th March 2012, 02:06 PM
count down Initiate

omg I just thought of something. why would Ayu pose with a table that's in front of a mirror?

then i think it's a counter maybe for drinks but it's still really weird why there's a mirror below the table.. like who goes down there to look at his reflection?!

Old 6th March 2012, 02:19 PM
Far away Initiate

omg, ayu ayu!! i wish she have a cleaner image. Although it's not exactly wrong.... For male fans maybe??
Old 6th March 2012, 03:20 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
omg I just thought of something. why would Ayu pose with a table that's in front of a mirror?

then i think it's a counter maybe for drinks but it's still really weird why there's a mirror below the table.. like who goes down there to look at his reflection?!
Those were my exact thoughts lol.
Old 6th March 2012, 03:23 PM
GREEN Initiate

I really dont think it is a table, it has to be something else, because tables rarely have a bottom like that...
Old 6th March 2012, 03:25 PM
too late Initiate

Location: Mirrorcle town searching for my last angel (Mexico)
Still don't like the cd+2dvd cover...

Anyway, Wish there was a first press edition for the other versions

@ilovekodaa:
Spoiler:
no es que a mi me enfurezca, pero me preocupa un poco la reaccion de los usuarios para ser sincera... XD ,hombre, no has visto como son algunos fans en este foro? Algunos aqui creen que Ayu es Dios reencarnado y actuan... Acorde a su creencia lol

Aunque supongo que si querias causar shock... Lo conseguiste XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
Maybe he has occasional feelings.

Ayu stans are Fugging scary.
Old 6th March 2012, 04:01 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

HQ covers

and a CD+2DVD textless version

Last edited by Foyuki; 6th March 2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 6th March 2012, 04:08 PM
count down Initiate

thanks for HQ!!! now I think the covers are really funny... in CD-only, she's eating a cube of ice. omg lol, i used to do that when i was 10... oh Ayu <3

btw the covers look like she's in a "messy" surrounding... maybe, we get to see a "crying" version; i would love that

Old 6th March 2012, 04:27 PM
GREEN Initiate

I wonder why the plaster 13th all over the place on the cover.. I know its her 13th album, but it just seems weird to let everyone know that...

thanks for the larger covers!
Old 6th March 2012, 04:39 PM
Heartplace Initiate

^It's to add to the tabloid aspect, kind of like if it said "issue/volume 13."
Old 6th March 2012, 04:44 PM
July 1st Initiate

Thanks, Foyuki!

...ayu has a really fine set of a**...

Oh, and what's that thing under her head, again? o.O

Last edited by Deep snow; 6th March 2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 6th March 2012, 04:49 PM
Far away Initiate

hmms, ayu turning into a new koda kumi/ lady gaga?? I've always seen ayu as more conservative celeb compared to artist like gaga or koda kumi....

I mean it's not wrong for her to do that (since it's her chioce). But don't we all picture her as someone who uses her music/lyrics/talents rather than her body?? ( i believe all of us feels this way)

Look at A best/ Iam/ rainbow/secret era.... though she does reavealing shots, those picture doesn't gives you the impression that she's using sex to sell... Rather, it's her music that we are appreciating..
Old 6th March 2012, 04:55 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fantasy View Post
hmms, ayu turning into a new koda kumi/ lady gaga?? I've always seen ayu as more conservative celeb compared to artist like gaga or koda kumi....
No. Don't judge the book by it's cover. Lady GaGa is beyond vulgar and disgusting when it comes her image. Koda Kumi is doing ero-kakkoi. Ayu doesn't really fit into either of the two. She has never been conservative. She was topless on LOVEppears cover so imo it's not anything new to her and her songs still aren't about sex...

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 6th March 2012, 04:55 PM

What is this by her face? I still don't get it... >_<
But after trying to find out again and again I come to think that this is really a photoshop failure, 'cos for me it looks like it is the wall in its original color - the wall is extremly white, so I guess it's sure that the wall was made that white afterwards, maybe they forgot this spot?
But then again it is to obvious that someone wouldn't see this, so another option would be that they made this on purpose because of the tabloid aspect?
Old 6th March 2012, 04:56 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Finally HQ!! *-*

But I still don't get what's in the mirror in the back... I thought it was a chair, but it's so strange. And I still don't understand what's under her head in the CD+2DVD. Looks like the shadow of her head, but... strange.

And in CD only that's definitely a condom the thing she's holding xD

Last edited by pimenta; 6th March 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, how beautiful you are, party queen, taskebab