New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [VIII] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th March 2012, 08:09 PM
fairyland Initiate

I think what we have of Party Queen is pretty much what its going to sound like, as the rips are not totally low quality. From the live to the CM to the radio rip, the song always sounds the same. It always sounds like its lacking a bass, no matter what version. So, unless they add some drastic thumping base to the CD version, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like Party queen. Yes, I do love the mini clip of Return Road, but that's because it catches my attention, which is something that Party queen never did.

Old 10th March 2012, 08:28 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Party queen gives me a eerie haunted like feeling. It's not that super happy as I thought it would have been. At CDL it sounded so happy but in the studio ver. (the radio rip) they sound really weird... (I'm not even exaggerating or something). And the laughing at the end. Creepy! Like they're laughing AT someone, scary. :/

Return Road however, has gotten me all excited for this album. Just the 10 seconds are so superb, I love it. No stupid cute song but a tough song. I really like the direction this album is going to. (Can't wait to see the PV)
Old 10th March 2012, 08:32 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
^ LQ? Okay, the rip isn't high quality but it is not low either. We can definetely hear the instrumentals, back vocals, Ayu's vocal etc. etc. People judge what they hear. Do you understand now?
Just because there's more music present doesn't mean it's HQ as in clear and easier to distinguish the song's... you know... quality. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with what people are doing; I find it silly but, also, amusing and more importantly interesting to read. UNCLENCH PLS.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 10th March 2012, 08:39 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
Party Queen is a 96kbit/s rip, if it was 128kbit/s we could somewhat judge the instrumental, 96 can completely hide instruments.
this
Old 10th March 2012, 08:50 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

I know that the HQ rip will be different. But it'll most likely present itself in the usual, more emphasis on high hitting/low areas...and maybe those back up vocals people were talking about.

I don't think my personal opinion will change that much. I have a very good feel for the melody and overall tone. It's not like we were leaked something that was full of static and stuff.

We were leaked something...fairly decent compared to other leaks Even if instruments get cut out. I doubt something is going to come in and just change the whole song up. But who knows.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 10th March 2012, 08:57 PM
SURREAL Initiate

^ "I doubt something is going to come in and just change the whole song up" I hope the album has a "Party queen -sad ver.-" and "Party queen -happy ver-". It would make sense in a way? right? right!?
Old 10th March 2012, 09:11 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

I guess. But I'd be more pissed that she used up a slot on an album that could have been used for a new song.

Ayu fans are never happy.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 10th March 2012, 09:24 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

I'm surprised that I like the studio version, as I didn't like the live at all.
The song does sound sad tho somehow. I feel the emptiness as well, and this isn't the feeling I would expect from this song.
Old 10th March 2012, 09:48 PM
fairyland Initiate

I think that emptiness everyone is feeling is the lack of bass I think I would like this song more if it had that.

Old 10th March 2012, 10:02 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ I think you need to listen to the live and then to the radio... they sound different... and not in a good way.

From the live I was expecting something... and I don't know... they sound so different to my ears
Old 10th March 2012, 10:34 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
Just because there's more music present doesn't mean it's HQ as in clear and easier to distinguish the song's... you know... quality. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with what people are doing; I find it silly but, also, amusing and more importantly interesting to read. UNCLENCH PLS.
Please, don't tell me I need to relax. I only do ask you questions.

The radio rip of Party Queen has fine quality. Not the very highest, but you can definetely hear what the whole song (vocal, instrumental, background vocals and whatsoever) is all about. The album version won't be very different from this. So, why is it silly we judge the radio rip? It's still the same Party Queen song we are talking about. We just like or dislike what we hear. It does not matter if the song is a preview, a rip or the album version. People just judge what they hear and I believe there is nothing ridiculous about that.

And it's not just to you, there are also a lot other members who find it silly we give our judgements over the previews, rips and whatever.
Tell me why

Last edited by xLuna&1LOVE; 10th March 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10th March 2012, 10:41 PM
Dolls Initiate

^ kinda agree. It won't be diffrent. It may change opinion based on quality (HQ can be rougher (because of clear sound) or opposite - it may sound a little more polished) but I don't really think it will sound THAT diffrent in HQ
Old 10th March 2012, 11:07 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
^ I think you need to listen to the live and then to the radio... they sound different... and not in a good way.

From the live I was expecting something... and I don't know... they sound so different to my ears
Honestly, they all sound the same to me. Bad. And I don't think that the HQ version is going to change my mind. If it does I will admit it, I don't care. But, right now my feelings are not good. The song just sounds cheap to me.

Old 10th March 2012, 11:24 PM
GAME Initiate

LQ rips can definitely hide the bass. But yeah, I don't think a HQ rip is going to change people's minds about the song too much.
Old 10th March 2012, 11:27 PM
SURREAL Initiate

But we also had the bra commercial, and it seemed to be in higher quality, but it still seemed to lack bass? And I agree, it's not like the hq version will completely change people their minds.
Old 10th March 2012, 11:34 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think people who hated the song the moment they heard it aren't going to care for a higher quality rip.

However, people who aren't sure because of how 'cheap' the song sounds or how the song sounds empty may change the way they feel about it.
Old 10th March 2012, 11:53 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
Please, don't tell me I need to relax. I only do ask you questions.

The radio rip of Party Queen has fine quality. Not the very highest, but you can definetely hear what the whole song (vocal, instrumental, background vocals and whatsoever) is all about. The album version won't be very different from this. So, why is it silly we judge the radio rip? It's still the same Party Queen song we are talking about. We just like or dislike what we hear. It does not matter if the song is a preview, a rip or the album version. People just judge what they hear and I believe there is nothing ridiculous about that.

And it's not just to you, there are also a lot other members who find it silly we give our judgements over the previews, rips and whatever.
Tell me why
Because it's my opinion and it's bound to bother some people *shrug* Nothing either of us can do about that. To me, radio rips are always going to suck and not indicate how a song really will sound in full, clear quality.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 10th March 2012, 11:53 PM
GAME Initiate

I think we're just so used to her pop songs having harmonies and backing vocals in the chorus... EnergizE, STEP you, rollin'... all "thick" choruses.

Yet the part leading up the chorus seems to have harmony vocals... wtf was the arranger thinking?
Old 10th March 2012, 11:56 PM
UNITE! Initiate

The live version of PQ was pretty bad imo, but the studio version was waaaay much better. I can't wait to listen to it in HQ!
Old 11th March 2012, 12:00 AM
GREEN Initiate

I like the live version better... i just hope its because of the source and not the actual song...
I will see what happens after I get the album.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, how beautiful you are, party queen, taskebab