New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [IX] - Page 17 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th March 2012, 07:52 PM
And Then Initiate

@happiholic★
Is Timmy really an opera singer? Has he done an opera before?
I don't know if Timmy can sing through an opera. It takes enormous vocal ability to do that.
Old 17th March 2012, 07:55 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by microphone View Post
@happiholic★
Is Timmy really an opera singer? Has he done an opera before?
I don't know if Timmy can sing through an opera. It takes enormous vocal ability to do that.
Well, I remember reading that somewhere on AHS, but even if he's not, he's still a pretty good singer. I love his vocals on Brilliante, they are beautiful. Also, the fact that he's become a back-up singer for Ayu's tours says something too, I think. Even if I don't want really want him there

Old 17th March 2012, 08:00 PM
count down Initiate

I love Timmy's voice actually; it's rich and thick and deep... really nice. and it's always nice to see someone whom can sing like totally the opposite of how he looks like

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 17th March 2012, 08:04 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

I really enjoy "a cup of tea" though. Serenade is just OK for me.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 17th March 2012, 08:07 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
I really enjoy "a cup of tea" though. Serenade is just OK for me.
I love every second of "a cup of tea". Amazing

Old 17th March 2012, 08:08 PM

^^yup, that and taskebab are both fabulous to me.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 17th March 2012, 08:09 PM
Interlude Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLeeNeko View Post
Lol. The picture wasn't even done for the album obviously, it was just supposed to be used in the Life Style book, but whatever. No matter if you're a model or not, I don't know how you can be proud of yourself when your ass is shown to an entire city 24/7.
But don't take me for a hater, I love her and I will always support her, I just don't like this cover and the whole "sad party queen" concept, especially since the booklet pictures seem to be the exact same thing...
^ i agree totally.
i imagine it is a bit intimidating having a picture of yourself in underwear (in that pose as well) blown up on a big truck for everybody to see. it is larger than life! but hey, if ayu is comfortable with this, more power to her.

i just thought something like that would be beneath her to be honest...
do love her music, but all the photo material on cover and booklet of the album is just utterly confusing. her concept of a sad queen isn't really clear to me.
Old 17th March 2012, 08:12 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
Well, I remember reading that somewhere on AHS, but even if he's not, he's still a pretty good singer. I love his vocals on Brilliante, they are beautiful. Also, the fact that he's become a back-up singer for Ayu's tours says something too, I think. Even if I don't want really want him there
I had a feeling that he rather, you know, was imitating opera singing but not doing actual opera singing lol XD
Old 17th March 2012, 08:12 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
^^yup, that and taskebab are both fabulous to me.
taskebab sounds too much like Daft Punk's Aerodynamic, which is too epic for words, so taskebab just doesn't stand a chance for me. If I had never heard Aerodynamic before I would like taskebab.

Old 17th March 2012, 08:15 PM

^^Haven't listened to that yet, but saw some posts about it. Hm...I'll check it out.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 17th March 2012, 08:17 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
Well, the first time I heard Brilliante I noticed that she was doing more unique things with her vocals, and it was the song she did with him. At first it was off-putting because I thought that she was doing things that she's not comfortable with. However, with Party Queen I've noticed that her singing has become stronger she's been doing a lot more with it, and the only thing that's really changed from her last albums to this one is Timmy. I know that he's an opera singer, if I'm not mistaken, and I feel like he's probably been giving her some singing tips. He's influenced a lot of stuff, and I think her singing ability is one of them.
Hmm I never thought about it that way, and I sincerely don't think Timmy's responsible for all this but that's why we voice our opinions! (Yeah I cannot really elaborate much, sorry XD) I liked her voice during the chorus in BRILLANTE, but in the next LOVE it gets horrible repetitive, that however I do think comes from Timmy (especially since he was in charge of that song).

And about ayu's sudden change (aka offtopic): I have mixed feelings about that. I always thought of ayu to be like, classier than others. Like Namie Amuro (classy and cool) and the total opposite of Koda Kumi (imo = trashy). But when I see a pv where she texts Timmy with "PARTY'S STARTED... WHERE R U @ *****" I wonder, why this ayu, do you think that that's cool? (While in Lady Dynamite she could pull that sexy stuff off without such things) *note how the B word is censored, it says a lot about the tolerance of the word*

Okay it's not like OMFG AYU TEXTED "*****" I HATE HER, Where is the girl who wrote A Song for XX, or something like that. But it's disgracing me a bit.

This is in my opinion of course!
Old 17th March 2012, 08:29 PM
GREEN Initiate

oh, okay... so i finally got around to listening to Daft Punk's Aerodynamic and...
well i have to say that I think i like task's better...
it feels more powerful...
but needless to say, both songs are kinds mediocre for me.
Old 17th March 2012, 08:29 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJason View Post
Hmm I never thought about it that way, and I sincerely don't think Timmy's responsible for all this but that's why we voice our opinions! (Yeah I cannot really elaborate much, sorry XD) I liked her voice during the chorus in BRILLANTE, but in the next LOVE it gets horrible repetitive, that however I do think comes from Timmy (especially since he was in charge of that song).

And about ayu's sudden change (aka offtopic): I have mixed feelings about that. I always thought of ayu to be like, classier than others. Like Namie Amuro (classy and cool) and the total opposite of Koda Kumi (imo = trashy). But when I see a pv where she texts Timmy with "PARTY'S STARTED... WHERE R U @ *****" I wonder, why this ayu, do you think that that's cool? (While in Lady Dynamite she could pull that sexy stuff off without such things) *note how the B word is censored, it says a lot about the tolerance of the word*

Okay it's not like OMFG AYU TEXTED "*****" I HATE HER, Where is the girl who wrote A Song for XX, or something like that. But it's disgracing me a bit.

This is in my opinion of course!
I should say that I don't think that her vocal ability is 100% Timmy's doing. I think she's been working on her vocals for a while, but I do think that some of the more daring stuff is thanks to him. The "WHERE R U @ *****" comment may be a Timmy influence too, taking the "skinny white lesbian" comment into consideration. Also, maybe Ayu doesn't really understand the true meaning of the word, since English isn't her first language? I dunno, Kuu's trashiness is nothing but love to me, so I barely noticed the ***** thing until people pointed it out.

Old 17th March 2012, 08:43 PM

The whole ***** text thing had me ctfu. lol

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 17th March 2012, 08:58 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foyuki View Post
booklet= =

From the Ritz Carlton Central Park's Central Park suite. (The most expensive room in that hotel at 12,500USD a night)

So the shoot was done in New York when she was shooting the 2012 calendar. I wonder if she's going to explain the cover concept to JELLY or bea's UP.

Last edited by truehappiness; 17th March 2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 17th March 2012, 09:01 PM

So wait, are we sure that the case for the CD+2DVD and the album that comes in the box set are different!? That's annoying, because now I have to go and buy another version...lol

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 17th March 2012, 09:02 PM
No way to say Initiate

wow booklet! seems like there's only one bra&pants outfit ><

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinix View Post
I think most older fans would agree to you. But as for me, I still feel the old ayu in her songs. Though her voice have changed a little also (I prefer Duty era, always find her voice more sexy in that album) 1 thing I dont like her recently is her overreacting facial expression and hand gesture... kinda ruin the image >.< (eg. Mirrorcle world and HBYR PV)
Music wise, I still like most of her songs =) and that is a good thing, if not I would have drop her already ^^
+1

sad we can't do nothing about her change. but I still like her. I was so happy to feel that I like her new stuff after PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuuk View Post
I am not an old fan per se, but I have never been so disappointed about a PV until I watch NaNaNa and Shake It. This is really sad because I never thought this would happen.
oh dear, I remember your recent post when you said that ayu can't disappoint. hang on.

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 17th March 2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKARI View Post
oh dear, I remember your recent post when you said that ayu can't disappoint. hang on.
LMAO hilarious.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 17th March 2012, 09:24 PM
No way to say Initiate

^ I'm glad that even she disappoints us sometimes we're still here

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 17th March 2012, 09:28 PM

^^After all, she IS only human.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, how beautiful you are, party queen, taskebab