What do you people do? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 22nd November 2009, 07:06 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

What do you people do?

Not intended to be rude, but I noticed the different levels of "moderator" around here and wondered exactly what duties were entrusted to which titles. I've searched the forums, but I haven't been able to find the answers I was looking for, so... I'm curious:

What is the difference between a "Sentry", a "Protector", a "Guardian", and an "Administrator"? What does each one do? Are there common duties entrusted to all four, and special duties separately assigned to each?

P.S.: If it's none of my business, I apologize in advance. Just very curious. I've rarely ever seen categorization like this before.

Last edited by Violent Omelet; 23rd November 2009 at 03:04 AM.
Old 23rd November 2009, 04:43 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

In the AHS Rules and Regulations, there's two sections on Moderation.

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10131

This thread is stickied in the FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines Forum (this one lol)

To the Mods: I think you guys should add the "Rules" thread to the FAQ section...since I know a lot of people have been unable to find it...is that possible?

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 23rd November 2009, 05:26 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I saw that, but I was curious as to what the difference was between Sentry, Protector, Guardian, et cetera... I didn't see those explained specifically.
Old 23rd November 2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Section 9. Selection and Removal of Administrators and Moderators...

...There are four levels of moderation: Defender, Sentry, Protector, Guardian. Each rank carries a greater level of staff access and more responsibility for forum affairs.

Defenders have limited moderation powers in one forum. They are responsible for monitoring that forum and communicating any problems, needs, or suggestions to the rest of the staff. Their appointment lasts for 60 days, after which they return to their normal initiate status, and another initiate is appointed.

Sentries have a permanent appointment and full moderation powers in one or more selected forums. To become a Sentry one must have been a Defender at least once. Only Administrators, Guardians, and Protectors have the final say with the new Sentry selection.

Protectors have a permanent appointment and full moderation powers in all the forums. To become a Protector one must have been a Defender at least once. Only Administrators, Guardians, and Protectors have the final say with the new Protector selection.

Guardians have a permanent appointment, full moderation powers in all the forums, and adminstrative access. Promotion of Protectors to the level of Guardian depends on their abilities and behavior and the needs of the forum. Only Administrators and Guardians have the final say with the new Guardian selection.

Administrators are the most senior members of AHS. They have a permanent appointment, full moderation powers in all the forums, and adminstrative access. To become an Admin, one must be a Guardian with sufficient moderation experience. Only Administrators have the final say with the new Admin selection.
is that what you meant? or did you want like, examples of what they do, like changing titles, deleting posts, etc.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Old 23rd November 2009, 06:16 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

...Well, I'll be damned. I don't know how I actually managed to miss that section. Seriously. I feel like a doofus now. But thanks for posting it!

I'm still curious to know the more specific duties, too, as there don't seem to be many differences between the three highest levels. (I'm not looking to apply for the positions in the future or anything, I'm just nosy.)
Old 23rd November 2009, 06:42 AM

well it's kind of down in there in that next section...so like...i doubt anyone would really think of reading it lol

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Old 23rd November 2009, 07:10 AM
Sexy little things Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post

To the Mods: I think you guys should add the "Rules" thread to the FAQ section...since I know a lot of people have been unable to find it...is that possible?
I don't really understand what you mean...It IS in the FAQ... section.

And I can't really give you a concrete answer to your question about the different positions because I don't even fully know (the staff works together so much).

All of us (no matter the position) can: edit, delete, move, and merge posts and threads; give infractions and warnings; and make announcements and such.

The higher up you go, the more you can do. For example, all the sentries only have powers over certain forums and subforums. I believe that's also the case with the protectors, as well, but I'm pretty sure they have powers in more forums. They also have more experience and I guess authority than the sentries (though we treat each other pretty equally. Authority's never really been an issue).

The Guardians have significantly more power than the Sentries and Protectors. The can ban people and put them on moderation and take them off and all that jazz. They can also do the IP checks and stuff. And since skal is always the one doing all the maintenance and forum stuff, I'm going to assume that's within their power, as well. Zef and the Administrators rarely make an appearance (at least during my time on staff), so I'm not entirely sure what more they can do in comparison to the Guardians. I'm going to assume they can do whatever the hell they want.

Does that help a little?
Old 23rd November 2009, 07:24 AM

oh sorry, I meant here http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/faq.php

but I don't know, they might be considered two different things?

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Old 23rd November 2009, 07:43 AM
Sexy little things Protector

^^Most of the rules are there. I think the only things really missing from the FAQ that are in the Rules and Regulations thread are about the structure of the forum and punishment and mod stuff. I guess it could maybe be put in there with the rest (I guess I don't see why not) or maybe just a link at the bottom to the thread. I guess I don't know what rules people aren't finding..? They seem to almost all be there. I think most of the people who "can't" find the rules don't actually really look. They tend to almost always be new members who just never really looked at or for the rules.
Old 23rd November 2009, 07:43 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbasil View Post
I don't really understand what you mean...It IS in the FAQ... section.

And I can't really give you a concrete answer to your question about the different positions because I don't even fully know (the staff works together so much).

All of us (no matter the position) can: edit, delete, move, and merge posts and threads; give infractions and warnings; and make announcements and such.

The higher up you go, the more you can do. For example, all the sentries only have powers over certain forums and subforums. I believe that's also the case with the protectors, as well, but I'm pretty sure they have powers in more forums. They also have more experience and I guess authority than the sentries (though we treat each other pretty equally. Authority's never really been an issue).

The Guardians have significantly more power than the Sentries and Protectors. The can ban people and put them on moderation and take them off and all that jazz. They can also do the IP checks and stuff. And since skal is always the one doing all the maintenance and forum stuff, I'm going to assume that's within their power, as well. Zef and the Administrators rarely make an appearance (at least during my time on staff), so I'm not entirely sure what more they can do in comparison to the Guardians. I'm going to assume they can do whatever the hell they want.

Does that help a little?
Helps a ton, thanks.
Old 23rd November 2009, 03:21 PM
Endless sorrow Guardian

Yeh, sugarbasil pretty much hit the nail on the head there ^^

Photobucket
Thanks a lot to xLitax for the great set ^^
I retract my previous statement... Pommy's awesome!
Bulmasman @ AHSforum.com