Page Scrolling and Viewing - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 17th January 2010, 01:16 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Page Scrolling and Viewing

This is kind of annoying. It happens to me alot on this forum. Whenever I visit a thread, it always takes me to the middle of the page, and to a random page. Even if I visit a new thread, one that I haven't been to before. You'd think when the page loads you'd be at the first post on the first page. But what keeps happening to me is it loads on like, the 4th, or 11th page, or really any page, and the post in the middle of my screen is some random post in the middle of the page, or near the top or bottom.

Why does it do this?

It actually even happens to me with threads I've been to before plenty of times. I'll try now. Ok. I just went to the "[Scans] SCawaii Feb 2010 Issue" thread. When I opened it, it showed me the 77th post on the 4th page. I've never been to/posted in that thread before. Maybe its how the thread loads? I don't know. Can anyone explain this?
Old 17th January 2010, 01:37 AM
CAROLS Initiate

you mean like half of the page loads?
bcos that has happened a few times
it only happens when my interwebs is being slow

Old 17th January 2010, 02:06 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Sometimes it takes you to the post where you haven't read yet.

For instance, if you saw all the posts up to, say, the 12th post on page 4 of a thread...and then come back the next day and the thread is on the 10th post on page 6, it might take you to the first post after where you've stopped reading the last time you were there, in this case, the 13th post on page 4.

and then if you left it there and came back the next day, it might take you to the 11th post on page 6.

I think it depends on where you click the thread from, if you go to it from the index page, or if you click on the actual title in the subforum, or if you click on the "last post" link in the subforum, or on the last page number, etc.

I think I've had it do it to me as well for threads I hadn't been in yet...for that, I'm not really sure.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 17th January 2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old 17th January 2010, 04:20 AM
forgiveness Initiate

the example I gave, I clicked from the main ahs index. I've never been in that thread before and it took me to the 4th page and showed me the 77th post.

@yume: the entire page loads. but it shows me certain posts. not sure how to explain. When the page loads. teh scroll bar isn't at the top or bottom, its usualy in the middle of the page showing me a random post.
Old 17th January 2010, 09:17 AM
count down Initiate

it isn't as bad as other forums. some forums that i have not gone to for ages bring me to a totally random page when i re-sign in and visit that exact same thread.

another forum doesn't even bother remembering what my last read post is in a forum lol.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 17th January 2010, 11:54 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

This happens to me too~!

Like, I see this thread that I've been meaning to read but never clicked on..it's at twelve pages..so I click on it...

..and it sends me to page six or something XD~

It's random but doesn't really annoy me, I just click back to the first page.