(miss)understood 3rd week sales - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 17th January 2006, 05:02 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

no. it's offical @ ORICON. that kinki kid got no. 1 w/ 92,000 copies. here's the link: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/ranking/9265/
Old 17th January 2006, 10:36 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

happy-san from http://www.ayuloveayu.com/information_bbs.html says the 3rd week figures are 82731 copies...I wonder if it'll hit a million?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaru
Well, it's only for the first three days. So that's not even half a week.
Nope. The weekly numbers actually start and end on Monday. It's just that Oricon posts the numbers on Wednesday.

Last edited by gakkun; 17th January 2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 17th January 2006, 10:40 AM
SEASONS Initiate

I think people just don't buy as much cd's as they used to.
Old 17th January 2006, 10:46 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I have to agree with someone who said that Ayu is losing her popularity to people like Koda Kumi.

For example I just watched Music Station Super Live. When Ayu sang Bold & Delicious people looked outright bored with that 'is she done yet' look but when Koda came out everyone was screaming and cheering.

I don't know maybe it's just that particular target audience but I think we can all agree that Ayu has lost a part of her audience to artists like Koda this year.
Old 17th January 2006, 11:30 AM

well... to be honest ayu has lost parts and parts of her audience since Memorial address era. I think her popularity dropped suddenly during A BALLADS release. I think the overexposure killed off some of the fans . Just like Orange Range. They were really popular in 2004, but they were too popular that people started hating them. Kumi may face the same disaster after the 12 single era (of course I assume her upcoming album will be a hit because those 12 singles could be included in this album).

Furthermore ayu's not producing music that appreciates the audience (I think she's doing sth to make herself happy these days). Like some people said in different threads, all ayu needs right now is a big hit, and the big hit should be released close the the next album. Then, ayu will be happy, and we will be happy...
Old 17th January 2006, 11:46 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

yeah..lately ayu release a stuff that she like not an audience like
but... I LOVE IT
she is still strong and i believe her carier not going to end for 5 - 10 years from now

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 17th January 2006, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Furthermore ayu's not producing music that appreciates the audience (I think she's doing sth to make herself happy these days). Like some people said in different threads, all ayu needs right now is a big hit, and the big hit should be released close the the next album. Then, ayu will be happy, and we will be happy...
Its better if she releases music that makes her happy than making music that depresses her. I think Ayu is losing popularity to people like Kumi though. >.< Painfully true. I think Ayu should retire after another album and a greatest hits. And thats it, a legend has been made and retired.

And then this forum's name would probably become Otsuka Ai Sekai.
Old 17th January 2006, 11:58 AM

Otsuka Ai Sekai..? Hmmn.. probly "Avex Ladies Night Sekai" would be safer... at least ai chan, kuu, namie, and even boa are all included. no ones know the popularity of ai after a year or two...
Old 17th January 2006, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie
Otsuka Ai Sekai..? Hmmn.. probly "Avex Ladies Night Sekai" would be safer... at least ai chan, kuu, namie, and even boa are all included. no ones know the popularity of ai after a year or two...
Yeah, but Love Cook seems destined to be her first million seller. If I remember correctly, the second and third week sales were around 150 000 too. Hardly any drop at all. I love her! ^^
Old 17th January 2006, 12:10 PM

hmmn... lemme check.. before that I would like to point out that LOVE COOK can hardly become a million seller if (m)u can't be a million seller..

edit: LOVE COOK sales: 334812 + 167321 + 167318 (2 weeks sales btw) = 669451 copies in four weeks... hmmn.. i'll say.. the min should be 800K overall, and max is 900K; need some miracles to push it over the 100 million border..
Old 17th January 2006, 12:14 PM
Banned

OH! 2 weeks sales, forgot bout the new year clause. Well you never know, Sakuranbo was in oricon for 82 weeks. If Love Cook does that, I dunno. But I'm confident that Ai is gonna do well! She already beat the sales for Love Jam and Love Punch.
Old 17th January 2006, 12:49 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

no way about change this forum name..if that happen i won't go here anymore...right now she has back to her number 1 position...so who know?!

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 17th January 2006, 02:37 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME
no way about change this forum name..if that happen i won't go here anymore...right now she has back to her number 1 position...so who know?!
haha i agree!
Old 17th January 2006, 03:12 PM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
hmmn... lemme check.. before that I would like to point out that LOVE COOK can hardly become a million seller if (m)u can't be a million seller..

edit: LOVE COOK sales: 334812 + 167321 + 167318 (2 weeks sales btw) = 669451 copies in four weeks... hmmn.. i'll say.. the min should be 800K overall, and max is 900K; need some miracles to push it over the 100 million border..
Pretty much. This album won't sell a million in my opinion. Maybe it'll get 800k as bluegie said but I don't think she'll get one million. It wasn't such a breakthrough album anyhow.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 17th January 2006, 06:26 PM
immature Initiate

so sad that this album will not be a million selling album !!
i think she should not have used GEO of SWEETBOX ~ and should not have release Bold & Delicious at all ~ i mean .. everything was fine , her sales were fine until Bold & Delicious was released.. it was such a flop for Ayu

now i wonder will ayu's next single sell 300k ~ i doubt ~

oh yeah but this could be due to I TunEs ~ hehehe
is she no 1 at iTunes ?

Last edited by jasjasss; 17th January 2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old 17th January 2006, 08:01 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakkun
I have to agree with someone who said that Ayu is losing her popularity to people like Koda Kumi.

For example I just watched Music Station Super Live. When Ayu sang Bold & Delicious people looked outright bored with that 'is she done yet' look but when Koda came out everyone was screaming and cheering.

I don't know maybe it's just that particular target audience but I think we can all agree that Ayu has lost a part of her audience to artists like Koda this year.
yea...all of my friends in japan are talking about how koda kumi is more popular than ayu now. imo though i think that koda's popularity will just be a fluke. her 12 single releases' debuts has been getting lower and lower each week. the album would probably sell alot though. but unlike ayu, koda doesnt have much of a variety on music style, so i think ayu will do better in the long run. as for (miss) understood, it would probably like A-Ballads. A-Ballads did not hit a million for quite a while and i think that (miss) understood will probably sell a million around this year's ayu's tour where she will perform her new songs.
Old 17th January 2006, 08:17 PM

oh yeah... the arena tour... that may help the sales a bit
Old 17th January 2006, 08:58 PM
appears Initiate

OK, you're overacting. I REALLY want her to sell over 1 million copies, which she probably will, but if she don't, she's STILL POPULAR. If she sells 900k, she'll still be a big artist.

Obviously not as big as she was before, maybe not as big as some other female singer, but with 400k in the first week she's still a huge seller.

I don't think people should be so desperate if she don't reach a million. Yes, she's not as popular as before, but so what? That's past, we can't go back, Ayu is still selling extremely well for an artist (that's an IDOL SINGER) who released her first album in 99 and had her peak in 2000/2001. Even if she's not on the TOP 10 of the best-selling albums of the year. Some big artists in Japan aren't on the list. Some B'z album don't even sell 800k and they're still huge. Seiko Matsuda, the most popular idol singer in the 80s, don't release top 10-albums but she still does big tours in big venues and she's still always on mag covers.

What I'm saying is, Ayu can stop being the huge-seller she was before (she's still a huge seller) but that doesn't mean she'll stop being a big star or, at very least, stop doing good music (that's cliche, I know)
Old 17th January 2006, 09:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
oh yeah... the arena tour... that may help the sales a bit
Oh yeah! Forgot! xD
With the tour, I hope she remains in the top 10 weeklies or at least the top 20 for a long time.
Old 17th January 2006, 09:35 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoione
yea...all of my friends in japan are talking about how koda kumi is more popular than ayu now. imo though i think that koda's popularity will just be a fluke. her 12 single releases' debuts has been getting lower and lower each week. the album would probably sell alot though. but unlike ayu, koda doesnt have much of a variety on music style, so i think ayu will do better in the long run. as for (miss) understood, it would probably like A-Ballads. A-Ballads did not hit a million for quite a while and i think that (miss) understood will probably sell a million around this year's ayu's tour where she will perform her new songs.
and my friend that lives in japan told me Gorie was the new jpop queen

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, (miss)understood, ayumi hamasaki