[Official Message] Ayu to perform/take part in a-nation stadium fes. in August - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th August 2015, 05:20 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
AHS probably isn't the place to argue this considering the subforum full of links to DVD rips, album rips and so forth of Ayu's published work.
Lol... No comment...
Old 14th August 2015, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
On both cases the artist (or "artist", sorry, I can't call someone who only produces fanart an artist, maybe a "fanartist") aren't getting the money from their work. Ayumi (or any other artist) doesn't work to make you happy, she works for money (even because, producing Ayumi Hamasaki is an expensive task by itself), and when someone relies on piracy to get her releases, she isn't paid by her work. Nor her musicians, her dancers, her producers, her stylists, the guys who construct the stage or even the graphic designers people are claiming to defend here. So, the final outcome of both actions aren pretty much the same.

Also, the fanart people are getting her work, changing it and posting it on the internet for free... So, not only are they messing with someone else's intellectual propoerty (and trust me, painting color on an already taken photo is easier than taking the photo, and producing a temporary logo based on a logo that was already done by professionals is far, far easier than producing the original logo, that is so well made it has been around and totally effective for almost two decades), they are demanding rights over it.

Not to say those people shouldn't produce their own take on her stuff, they can do whatever they want... And I believe a lot of really good artists can come out of this process, by copying and editing someone else's stuff until they are able to do their own thing... But even if I agree some kind of shout out would be the best thing for Ayu to do, it's not like there's anything that could really be protected over here. In the end of the day, the fanart producers are the ones messing it up with her work, not the other way around.
There is still a diffrence between stealing someones intellectual property and making money out of it and music piracy. And in all honesty, artist profit from people illegal downloading their music. The musicians and dancers and so on get paid nonetheless, it doesn't matter how many copies for example sixxxxxx can sell. And if people wouldn't download the music illegal they also wouldn't buy it. But because people like to listen to her music they go to her concerts, buy her merch and so on. If people wouldn't download, they wouldn't listen to her at all and therefore not going to any concert and not buying merch.
And sorry that I only own half of her discography and wanted to buy another book for university instead of buying sixxxxxx. Oh and sorry that I had to pay my rent also. If that really disqualifies me to have an opinion about Ayu and her team stealing intellectual property I will say I'm sorry that I'm not rich enough.

And I already explained why I think that an active and devoted fan scene in which people make fan arts is importand for the artist. So saying people who create fan art are messing Ayu's work up is a bit mean.
Not to mention that Ayu's team stole the idea of the font for sixxxxxx from AyuAngel. It was her idea and she didn't used a font Ayu's team invented and just altered it. It was her idea and her design. AyuAngel also mentioned that she's in real life a graphic designer, that means people took the work of an actual graphic designer and get paid for a job they should have done. I don't know how AyuAngel thinks about it but I think it's simply wrong.
And honestly, what would have been the problem by just asking AyuAngel or the other people if it's ok for Ayu's team to use their ideas? I'm pretty sure none of them would have said no. And it would have been great marketing if Ayu would have made a single little post or whatever saying they she liked the work of a fan that much that they asked and now use it. It would have been the work of a few minutes to write one simple email to those people. But they didn't even bothered to do that.
Old 14th August 2015, 07:29 AM
TO BE Initiate

I simply CAN'T at people comparing artistic plagiarism and piracy.

Yes, both are 'dishonest' acts, but the difference is in one case people still call Ayu's work Ayu's, and in the other, people apart from the international fans in this forum will never know who was responsible for the logo design, and assume that Ayu (and her team) should take all the credit for it. It's a pretty dicky move. Not to mention that the loss of artistic credit to an unknown graphic designer is probably a lot more hurtful than the loss of profits to a multi-million dollar record company/recording artist.
Old 14th August 2015, 08:30 AM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post

And honestly, what would have been the problem by just asking AyuAngel or the other people if it's ok for Ayu's team to use their ideas? I'm pretty sure none of them would have said no. And it would have been great marketing if Ayu would have made a single little post or whatever saying they she liked the work of a fan that much that they asked and now use it. It would have been the work of a few minutes to write one simple email to those people. But they didn't even bothered to do that.
Absolutly!

As I say in my previous message, it's not about money of course, it's about principle, I think nobody want request a contract or money from avex, it would be ridiculous, (the "A" mark or picture belong to avex, they let us use them, and they turn a blind eyes about a lot of not really legal stuff)

Ayumi and all her work are the inspiration of fan art , and then her team takes fan art as inspiration, well, that's a good exchange!

but why avex doesn't write "logo inspired by *put your name here* stuff"? it's not a big deal
that's a little bit disrespectful to do as if nothing had happened, especially when it's so obvious and repeated (3 times in one year, well...they want a new graphic designers team? I think they are a lot of candidates here =D )

Well, but we should stay humble too, even if sometimes it's so exciting haha

at the end what remains is that I was happy, really, and I hope that Ayu will use some of my graphics, for her twitter or anything else, in the future =)

(unfortunately my clients don't care about the argument "Did you realize that Ayumi Hamasaki love my work?!" haha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post

AyuAngel also mentioned that she's in real life a graphic designer, that means people took the work of an actual graphic designer and get paid for a job they should have done. I don't know how AyuAngel thinks about it but I think it's simply wrong.
it may be the only point that bothers me when I think of her lazy (and probably really good) graphic team that violates this important principle in the field.

Well, it's a interesting and complex debate !
Old 14th August 2015, 10:19 AM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
On both cases the artist (or "artist", sorry, I can't call someone who only produces fanart an artist, maybe a "fanartist") aren't getting the money from their work. Ayumi (or any other artist) doesn't work to make you happy, she works for money (even because, producing Ayumi Hamasaki is an expensive task by itself), and when someone relies on piracy to get her releases, she isn't paid by her work. Nor her musicians, her dancers, her producers, her stylists, the guys who construct the stage or even the graphic designers people are claiming to defend here. So, the final outcome of both actions aren pretty much the same.

Also, the fanart people are getting her work, changing it and posting it on the internet for free... So, not only are they messing with someone else's intellectual propoerty (and trust me, painting color on an already taken photo is easier than taking the photo, and producing a temporary logo based on a logo that was already done by professionals is far, far easier than producing the original logo, that is so well made it has been around and totally effective for almost two decades), they are demanding rights over it.

Not to say those people shouldn't produce their own take on her stuff, they can do whatever they want... And I believe a lot of really good artists can come out of this process, by copying and editing someone else's stuff until they are able to do their own thing... But even if I agree some kind of shout out would be the best thing for Ayu to do, it's not like there's anything that could really be protected over here. In the end of the day, the fanart producers are the ones messing it up with her work, not the other way around.
Agree.
Unfortunately people are greatly influenced by movies, medias, etc that always portrays the demoniac firm that stole the little artist since more than 50 years now.
But in this case, we're not in the same affair as the fan is the one who is using at first something that doesn't belong to him and never asked the firm to use it. So if the fan didn't have the respect to ask to Avex and Ayu to use her face or her logo in one of his work, why Avex should do it? When you're doing thinks in such way don't complain if the other do the same thing to you because implicitly you send the message that you don't care about that.
People think that they can do whatever they want just because he is a fan or he make it for its personal use. But the reality of the law and the copyright is different from what you're thinking. Try to do a copy of Rene Magritte's paintings for you personnal use and you'll see quickly that you can't without asking the society that is responsible for right of authors.

Last edited by Yoake; 14th August 2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 15th August 2015, 12:35 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

I can't with all this arguing. It might look a little "weird" from the outside, but at the end of the day, avex OWNS all the images released. This is why there are clear laws about these things. Not saying it's absolutely right, but from a business/legal standpoint, there's nothing wrong with it. Besides, people are always tweeting images to ayu. So she likes some of them. What do you expect her to do? Would a tweet back saying thank you be enough?

Obviously ayu would never do anything in a malicious manner, BUT after, what, three times using fan-made or fan-altered images, she should really be questioning the relevance of the team she/avex employs to do these types of things.

Anyway, a-nation is coming up! I can't wait for more info, like set lists and such!

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 15th August 2015, 01:09 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
I can't with all this arguing. It might look a little "weird" from the outside, but at the end of the day, avex OWNS all the images released. This is why there are clear laws about these things. Not saying it's absolutely right, but from a business/legal standpoint, there's nothing wrong with it. Besides, people are always tweeting images to ayu. So she likes some of them. What do you expect her to do? Would a tweet back saying thank you be enough?

Obviously ayu would never do anything in a malicious manner, BUT after, what, three times using fan-made or fan-altered images, she should really be questioning the relevance of the team she/avex employs to do these types of things.

Anyway, a-nation is coming up! I can't wait for more info, like set lists and such!
Very deep indeed....
Then...do you want to attend a nation?
Old 15th August 2015, 01:47 PM

^I'd love to! But since I was just in Japan in June, I don't know if I could swing it...besides, I have three trips coming up between September and October anyway! haha. I wouldn't enjoy the entire show anyway. I'd only be going for ayu, and maybe like kumi or ai if they were performing.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 15th August 2015, 02:51 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

More artistes announced that will take part next weekend . New additions indicated in bold

【a-nation stadium fes.】

◆Osaka

22nd & 23rd Aug 2015 (Sat & Sun)
Venue :Yanmar Stadium Nagai (Nagai Stadium)
Time:1pm Doors Open / 3pm Concert starts

Artistes performing :

<22nd Aug>
Headliner:BIGBANG

AAA / E-girls / Hamasaki Ayumi / Koda Kumi / Sonar Pocket / TRF

Shooting Act : MACO

Opening Act : FUTURE BOYZ / Raychell feat. RICKEY&RABBIE / Zushi San Kyodai

<23rd Aug>
Headliner:Sandaime J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE

Acid Black Cherry / Crystal Kay / Hamasaki Ayumi / Naoto・Inti Raymi / SHINee / Shonan no Kaze

Shooting Act : Da-iCE / Dream5

Opening Act : Hirai Dai / lol / PrizmaX

◆Tokyo

29th & 30th Aug 2015 (Sat & Sun)
Venue:Ajinomoto Stadium
Time:1pm Doors Open / 3.30pm Concert starts

Artistes performing :

<29th Aug>
Headliner: SUPER JUNIOR

Every Little Thing / Golden Bomber / Koda Kumi / VAMPS / Do As Infinity / f(x) / Tsuruno Takeshi

Shooting Act : Dream5

Opening Act : Kaji Hitomi / Leola / SOLIDEMO

<30th Aug>
Headliner:Hamasaki Ayumi

AAA / Acid Black Cherry / E-girls / XO / Sonar Pocket / TRF

Shooting Act : Da-iCE / SUPER☆GiRLS

Opening Act : Meiri Alaha / Cheeky Parade・GEM / Kobayashi Yutaka / lol

http://a-nation.net/stadium_fes/

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 15th August 2015, 02:53 PM
YOU Initiate

I can't wait! I still can't believe I'll be attending both days in Osaka. �� I hope she performs Sayonara and the usual: July 1st, Boys and girls, Greatful days, blue bird and/or You & Me.

edit: What's a shooting act?
Old 15th August 2015, 02:58 PM
too late Initiate

Will her performances be broadcasted ?

Last edited by holy_arrow; 15th August 2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 15th August 2015, 03:06 PM
YOU Initiate

Ah thanks though �� Would you happen to know if there are breaks between acts or if they're consecutive?
Old 15th August 2015, 03:13 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

I'm sure there will be intermission breaks given to the artistes , especially for some like VAMPS and Acid Black Cherry who needs time to get their instruments set up and be tested before they perform their set

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 15th August 2015, 03:23 PM

eh...not missing anything with those new acts added. lol

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 15th August 2015, 05:18 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Ah thanks though �� Would you happen to know if there are breaks between acts or if they're consecutive?
Last year there was a break around 10 - 15 minutes for each artist.. So i'm sure it will be the same for this year..
Old 15th August 2015, 06:00 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
When Ayu used the fan video made by AHS members in her concert and didn't give credits to them in the DVD or money, nobody cried foul. I wonder why it is creating problems now?
When did that happen? I've been out of it.
Old 15th August 2015, 06:19 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
When did that happen? I've been out of it.
POWER of MUSIC.
Old 15th August 2015, 06:36 PM
Daybreak Guardian

^ Thank you! I'm sorry for making a lot of questions, but can you tell me exactly in which performance she used a video made by a fan? I only watched the POWER of MUSIC once so I don't really remember much of this concert...
Old 15th August 2015, 06:51 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

No worries lol. They showed the video either before or during the encore...I can't quite remember. It wasn't used in an actual performance.
Old 15th August 2015, 06:54 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
^ Thank you! I'm sorry for making a lot of questions, but can you tell me exactly in which performance she used a video made by a fan? I only watched the POWER of MUSIC once so I don't really remember much of this concert...
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a-nation