[News] Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 [dates announcement] - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 5th April 2017, 01:21 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I'll PM you!
Please check your box.

What number do you have? I have " A30"
Old 5th April 2017, 05:27 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by acia2004 View Post
Please check your box.

What number do you have? I have " A30"
I have 3 tickets for 2 dates, they all have different reference numbers, but those aren't our seat numbers!

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th April 2017, 09:44 PM

I need to ask this: am I the only one who doesn't care at all about this tour? I'm not excited and she could have announced to not do a tour this year, I would actually be delighted.
Until MADE IN JAPAN (tour) and the recent CDL I always defended her arena tours and how many dancers she had. I discussed this a lot in private with another ahs member and always encouraged her to give HLS a try. Because I still love this tour (not the CDL though) to death. I probably watched it already a 100th time or so. In HLS the dancers actually have a reason to be there, they tell a story. But MADE IN JAPAN was just some recycled performance and the dancers where there for the sake of being there.
I watched the concert together with another ahs member who is also a friend while drinking cocktails. It still was boring as hell.
I excused this as an early best of tour kind of thing, but the CDL really was the worst concert she ever did. I was really ashamed if nearly everything, especially the cutesy section. I can't remember I ever disliked an Ayu concert. MADE IN JAPAN was the first one I found boring from start to finish and the last CDL was the first one I think was just damn fucking bad.
I always wanted to see her live, but I have no passion whatsoever for this new tour and this makes me sad. ;_;
Old 5th April 2017, 11:56 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
I need to ask this: am I the only one who doesn't care at all about this tour? I'm not excited and she could have announced to not do a tour this year, I would actually be delighted.
Until MADE IN JAPAN (tour) and the recent CDL I always defended her arena tours and how many dancers she had. I discussed this a lot in private with another ahs member and always encouraged her to give HLS a try. Because I still love this tour (not the CDL though) to death. I probably watched it already a 100th time or so. In HLS the dancers actually have a reason to be there, they tell a story. But MADE IN JAPAN was just some recycled performance and the dancers where there for the sake of being there.
I watched the concert together with another ahs member who is also a friend while drinking cocktails. It still was boring as hell.
I excused this as an early best of tour kind of thing, but the CDL really was the worst concert she ever did. I was really ashamed if nearly everything, especially the cutesy section. I can't remember I ever disliked an Ayu concert. MADE IN JAPAN was the first one I found boring from start to finish and the last CDL was the first one I think was just damn fucking bad.
I always wanted to see her live, but I have no passion whatsoever for this new tour and this makes me sad. ;_;
It has to do with how much focus they put on dancers for the DVD version too. Because if you watch the show live, you fill find that you focus 95% of your time on Ayu, I don't even notice the dancers unless they are up there in her face.

Having been to the all the concerts you mentioned above, HLS was my least favourite. Just the Beginning CDL was amazing in person.
Old 6th April 2017, 02:03 AM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
I need to ask this: am I the only one who doesn't care at all about this tour?
Old 6th April 2017, 04:45 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

I still care about it..

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 6th April 2017, 05:27 AM
starting over Initiate

I care but im not excited. I know it's gonna be the same old songs she's been singing for 10 years now.
Old 6th April 2017, 09:00 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I'm excited a bit but am expecting it to be very similar to CDL. Will be pleasantly surprised if she doesn't do that though but keeps kanariya/ourselves/whatever else around for all 60+ dates.
Old 6th April 2017, 10:27 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

I was super excited about it, still am. Hoping it will be different than the CDL though, as the CDL was definitely her worst. I don't need another A BEST LIVE, we've already got that covered. Wouldn't mind her keeping kanariya, talkin' 2 myself, WHATEVER as long as she refrains from singing the old ballads >_>

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 6th April 2017, 12:04 PM

I was soooo excited for this tour - and then I watched the CDL a week ago or so. Every excitement was gone, because I don't think she will change much about the tour.
Old 6th April 2017, 01:28 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Not sure if it's obvious but just to make sure,
"#Act 1 and act 2, I remember that time" is in reference to Concert Tour 2000 and it being divided into the two parts. Act 1 was Dream World and Act 2 was Real World. 夢の世界 / 現実の世界
tokyoxjapanxfan mentioned that on the Social Media thread and I get really excited! I'm expecting fresh things to come with this tour!

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 6th April 2017, 01:29 PM
Daybreak Guardian

I'm excited for the people who are going to see her live, but I don't expect much from the DVD. I didn't like the CLD at all, and since this tour is probably going to be the same thing... Let's wait and see.
Old 6th April 2017, 01:31 PM
Daybreak Initiate

I can't lie. This will be my first time seeing her in concert, and if it's supposed to be an overview of her career, then I'll be overjoyed if it's all the "same songs", because I'll finally be able to see them live rather than through a screen.

As far as the spectacle or grandiosity of the show itself, I REALLY hope it's something in line with CdM, as I think that was one of better arena tours from the later part of her career. The dancers weren't distractions as much as they felt like a very integral part of the show and its narrative. Similar to how Madonna uses her dancers.

My only concern is her vocals. That Music Station performance didn't instil much confidence in her vocal abilities, and neither did the recent Countdown live performance, but I do think she is trying to create something that her fans will really enjoy, perhaps similar to the CDL show years back where we got SIGNAL and too late.

Only time will tell!
Old 6th April 2017, 07:13 PM
Sky high Protector

I'm excited to see what she'll do to fit both concepts and her songs choice too. They are so many possibilities.
Old 6th April 2017, 07:27 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrel View Post
My only concern is her vocals. That Music Station performance didn't instil much confidence in her vocal abilities, and neither did the recent Countdown live performance, but I do think she is trying to create something that her fans will really enjoy, perhaps similar to the CDL show years back where we got SIGNAL and too late.

Only time will tell!
CDL has generally been really badly mixed lately so audio has been questionable for it and her TV performances haven't really been great either. If people who attended her lives in the last year are to be believed, her vocals are fine when you actually see her.
Old 6th April 2017, 07:57 PM
End of the World Initiate

So with the Tour being called Just the beggining 20 there is no new album with the tour title ~again~ I know MADE IN JAPAN was but for CDM and FTLPS no.

Maybe we she won't release a new album this year and wait till 8th April for her 20th Anniversary album release. We can get a 5 months release again starting in november with REAL mini album, ME mini album, We are the Queens ~MADE IN JAPAN Classical~, REAL ME New original album, JUST THE BEGGINNING 20 CDL DVD and JUST THE BEGGINING 20 LIVE TOUR DVD XD

Last edited by Isicio; 6th April 2017 at 08:01 PM.
Old 6th April 2017, 08:07 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^ Well... She released "A ONE" after CdM Tour was announced so the fact that the tour don't have an "album name" is not an indication that she won't release a new album. If my point make any sense haha

It's funny reading all the critics aout CDL because I really liked CDL this year! I always find the concert so enjoyable and fun to watch and this year it did the same to me. Her vocals are not the best but I don't see a problem with it.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 7th April 2017, 12:51 AM
End of the World Initiate

^ you are right but I will be sad if she will release a new album without the title in the tour. Cirque De Minuit was a good name but Just The Beggining 20 isn't.
Old 7th April 2017, 01:53 AM
still alone Initiate

I'm still excited for the tour but I also feel extremely nervous for the vocals. I know the stage and costumes will be grand and flashy as they have been.
I can't quite put my finger on it but the Countdown reminded me of Seiko Matsuda's 20th Party. And I'm feeling like this tour could maybe be like that too.
Old 7th April 2017, 05:37 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post

It's funny reading all the critics aout CDL because I really liked CDL this year! I always find the concert so enjoyable and fun to watch and this year it did the same to me. Her vocals are not the best but I don't see a problem with it.
I agree... I think this CDL was great and even with her vocals not on point, she was still able to lead a great show with a great choice of songs. Her voice's seen worse (like in CDL 06~07 and that one she sang Pride in a black dress, I don't remember which one was that, but that was the worstttt) and she seemed happy and having fun.

Tags
just the beginning -20-, tour 2017