oricon: (miss) understood 6th week sales - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 9th February 2006, 07:02 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

yay! keep it up ayu! ^^

thanks to georgiaannaa on LJ for the gorgeous YamaPi gif from Namie's UNUSUAL PV <3
Old 9th February 2006, 09:02 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Petit*
Just a thought.... Technically, if Ai's next studio album would sell more than ayu's next album. If her singles continue selling as much as planetarium and Smily....

And I do not think it would be smart of avex to release her first "best" already, since she seems to be getting a bigger and bigger fanbase all the time.
for one thing, otsuka ai's cds do keep on selling (ie: Sakuranbo, Planetarium, LOVE PUNCH/LOVE JAM are still selling), while ayu doesnt really have much selling life. so dont rule out that LOVE COOK beating (m)u or tying it. but i dunno, avex usually would make 3 original albums then a best album (as they have done to ayu and BoA), that would mean ai's best album is due in 2006. but i see ur point on how ai is getting more popular after each release. maybe they'll wait another year like koda kumi did (she released 4 albums then a best instead of 3). i guess avex will make the final decision later this year, to see if ai can sell anymore 300k+ singles, which have been 'ayu territory'.

some one mentioned about a 2nd version (re-release) of (m)u, personally i dont think its a gd idea. wut would she put sumthing 'new' in? PVs? someone mentioned putting some of new single's songs onto (m)u. personally, i think thats a bad idea as it will sabatoge the single's sales.
Old 10th February 2006, 03:37 AM
Naturally Initiate

I'm thinking of this, wat would happen if 2 pv were made for B&D, 1 for the album and the other for the single. 1 with NY theme and the other the B&D cover theme. Wouldn't that boast the sales of both (miss)understood and B&D/Pride?
Old 10th February 2006, 03:45 AM
Because of You Initiate

^maybe. but the only thing is that 'Bold & Delicious' wasnt the right song to promote with in the 1st place. 'Pride' would have been better than 'B&D'
Old 10th February 2006, 05:02 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Petit*
I can't see what Avex did wrong with Ayu...? She's the top selling female solo artist of Japan of all time and she's still selling quite a lot. obiously they did something RIGHT.

Ayu's sales dropped (and chart positions) mostly after she got a lot more freedom from AVEX, and started doing her "own-thing". I know she's not her own marketing director, but f.ex releasing B&D/Pride seemed to be her own idea. And, like most idols, she's still choosing which songs to sing herself, she decides who she works with, what she wears, so If anyone is to blame for less people enjoying her music and fashion, it's Ayumi Hamasaki herself.

She also declined a lot of awards (which isen't so strange cause she won them all before), which are important tools to gain recognition and attention.

Also it seems that Ayu lost some of her "wow" factor, because she's been around for so long. She's done everything; Changing her music style in almost every direction possible, she's done every fashion, been on every show, gotten every award. No matter how many times she "reinvents" herself, she'll still be Ayumi Hamasaki kind of.

I don't know what will happen to Koda, she's kind of an outsider. I doubt that her regular sales after the BEST era is over will be better than her pre-best era though.
Well I personally didn't think it would have been wise to put out a "best" album that early in her career (remember she was at her peak then, and looked like getting bigger still) and the release date was even more appalling. It seemed as though they were more concerned about taking away some of Hikki's sales. Even though it sold well, still it doesn't sit right with me.

But I agree with you on the point that she's lost some of her "wow" factor. I think people often ask "What's next for her? She's done everything I can think of!". Maybe she'll have to come out with a very good song to have more of the spotlight on her again.

And finally, yes I think Koda will encounter some difficulty in trying to sell as much as her pre-Best era. It's quite a miracle that Best~first things~ managed to sell as much as it did already, and I don't expect it to happen again in the near future.
Old 11th February 2006, 11:40 PM
BEST Initiate

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 12th February 2006, 10:27 PM
Over Initiate

I say we take an AHS field trip and everyone bring money and buy up all the copies of (miss) we can find!!! That'll get her 1million!!
Old 12th February 2006, 10:37 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallelujah_united

But I agree with you on the point that she's lost some of her "wow" factor. I think people often ask "What's next for her? She's done everything I can think of!". Maybe she'll have to come out with a very good song to have more of the spotlight on her again.

Yes, but I just can't imagine how that songs would be. O.o I think most of her material is very good. As for the songs she released pre memorial address and MY STORY, I don't think any of them had the same wow factor as say "M" and evolution. But I think that f.ex HEAVEN had that. I feel that her songs are overall so good (not just saying this as a fan, The reason I became a fan was because I never really found a song I disliked. (untill B&D came along =P) That's the reason why I think it's worth "following" her music) she has an impossible job topping herself.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, (miss)understood, ayumi hamasaki