oricon: (miss) understood 4th week sales. - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 25th January 2006, 09:24 AM
Depend on you Initiate

I think she should release singles that have 1 or 2 songs especially composed for the singles only (Bonus tracks). That should boost the sales for the singles as well as the upcoming album. She should do it more often. Or she can put some bonus tracks or bonus discs just like her LOVEppears album but this time, containing 5 or 6 original songs. Like extra cd or something. Or maybe, an album with double disc, a disc contain on my day songs and another will be off my day songs. Maybe 12 songs each disc. Who knows. A little bit sacrifice might give an unexpected result. My opinion.

As for missunderstood, i think it deserve to break million sales. Even if it takes a year to make it. It's a great album actually.
Old 25th January 2006, 09:26 AM
BEST Initiate

not bad, i hope she reach a million soon
Old 25th January 2006, 09:32 AM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

i think itll eventually hit the million mark but not anytime soon. A-Ballads didnt hit the million marks before it went out of oricon site, but it eventually hit it. i also think that the cover/booklet also plays a role in the sales. they're all bold n delicious/pride themed and theres nothing new. people could easily download the album, but alot buy the album because they want something tangible to go along with it, and in this case, the booklet/cover doesnt do much justice.
Old 25th January 2006, 09:47 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness

...also, about your 'music performances' thingie.. She probably doesn't get to say 'I want to perform alterna' or 'I want to do Will.' The thing is that Avex probably allows her to sing what they want her to sing at those kinds of performances. Ayu did Pride too.. MANY TIMES. She did is this LOVE? at a-nation... she's probably either saving alterna/Will for her tour, or she's sort of not confident in performing them.

Also, for Utada's song thingie.. I think she 'redid' the song, since they call it an album version.. [remember, that album doesn't seem to have many songs in the first place.. so.. yeah.. and she was 15 o-o]

hmmn.. i guess you have points... but something I should point out that the reason she sang Pride a lot is because Pride is A-side. She also sang is this LOVE? at musicstation. Usually artists promotes their A-sides but not B-sides. If like you say Will and alterna are A-sides, they should have been promoted quite often DURING THE SINGLE RELEASE. I'm sure ayu will sing alterna/Will on her tour, but singles' promotion periods are gone already. That's why I treat those songs as B-sides. Yes I agree with Wikipedia's facts, but that doesn't mean the world stop turning. Rules keep changing everyday. B-sides on the singles can be fitted onto album as well...

As for hikki... hmmn... I dun find any differences between single and album version o_O (B&C as an example).

(man i feel so tired arguing... let's stop the fight about A-side or B-side... it's just personal preference... no need to against you or the others peace )
Old 25th January 2006, 10:20 AM
Banned

Ever free did NOT have a PV. Why do people always say that? There was a video for it in the concert tour... There was a video for kaleidoscope aswell in the arena tour, and for wonderland (the pink screen).... those ARE NO PVS!!!!!!! :p
Old 25th January 2006, 10:39 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Maybe when her Tour is out the sales will rise again...This happened for some Cpop artistes....When they release some DVD concert or soething, the album sales SOMETIMES go up with it....

No Promotional Tour for this album right/? I think Ayu should make it AT06 ~(miss)understood~ or something like that...It is the best way for the sales to break 1 mill i guess
Old 25th January 2006, 10:47 AM
Depend on you Initiate

GO!AYU!GO!
support u 4ever!!><~~
Old 25th January 2006, 03:13 PM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoione
i think itll eventually hit the million mark but not anytime soon. A-Ballads didnt hit the million marks before it went out of oricon site, but it eventually hit it. i also think that the cover/booklet also plays a role in the sales. they're all bold n delicious/pride themed and theres nothing new. people could easily download the album, but alot buy the album because they want something tangible to go along with it, and in this case, the booklet/cover doesnt do much justice.
not to be mean or anything .. i found that (miss)understood covers are the worse from all her albums .. i mean it looks so IEW ugly ! and also the booklet its so plain n simple .. all B&D theme ... she should at least make something new .. n i hope that Startin wont use Bold&Delicious THEME !! ENOUGH with the black hair !! n GOSPEL ~ n GEO !!
Old 25th January 2006, 05:18 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjasss
not to be mean or anything .. i found that (miss)understood covers are the worse from all her albums .. i mean it looks so IEW ugly ! and also the booklet its so plain n simple .. all B&D theme ... she should at least make something new .. n i hope that Startin wont use Bold&Delicious THEME !! ENOUGH with the black hair !! n GOSPEL ~ n GEO !!
yeah i have to agree with that, some people might buy albums because of the covers, (for me i buy the old singles for the covers ) and if they don't like it they probably just download the album i really miss Ayu's old covers from 2001 - 2003, they were so beautiful like endless sorrow, H, &, UNITE! and more~~

the photobooks were okay, not that great nothing relli stood out except for Ayu's hot body ofcourse

i really hope Ayu will make a BIG comeback from the coming single!!!!
Old 25th January 2006, 08:42 PM
Because of You Initiate

i agree, she should of left out some songs out of the album (possibly alterna/Will). rite there she could have had 2 more new songs, n possibly another new PV from that
Old 25th January 2006, 09:26 PM
Banned

Yeah, the covers probably put off those who came near cos people might think its a bottleg from the tracklist design and the grammar.

FIRST ALBUM NOT TO REACH MILLIONS

I can already see this one coming..
Old 25th January 2006, 09:38 PM
Banned

MAY I PLEASE REMIND YOU ALL..

that these sales are HIGHER than MY STORY!!!!?!?!?

my story 4th week: 38,792
(miss)understood 4th week: 38,861

thanks see, it may be a bit slow; but who knows; maybe it's getting stable. It'll probably get 1million eventually
Old 25th January 2006, 11:06 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody!
MAY I PLEASE REMIND YOU ALL..

that these sales are HIGHER than MY STORY!!!!?!?!?

my story 4th week: 38,792
(miss)understood 4th week: 38,861

thanks see, it may be a bit slow; but who knows; maybe it's getting stable. It'll probably get 1million eventually
umm...that MY STORY number is her week 5 sales as weeks 3+4 were combined for MY STORY.
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25556

MY STORY up to wk4: 959,348
(miss) understood up to wk4: 775,442
difference: 183,906
Old 26th January 2006, 12:57 AM
BALLAD Initiate

^come on. you two. let's just keep positive and hope that more people would buy the album this week. there's still another 225,000 more to go.it's only the 4th week.

My Instagram

Old 26th January 2006, 03:16 AM
Because of You Initiate

^i was just pointing out that his info was wrong cos that misleads ppl
Old 26th January 2006, 06:35 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness
...also, about your 'music performances' thingie.. She probably doesn't get to say 'I want to perform alterna' or 'I want to do Will.' The thing is that Avex probably allows her to sing what they want her to sing at those kinds of performances. Ayu did Pride too.. MANY TIMES. She did is this LOVE? at a-nation... she's probably either saving alterna/Will for her tour, or she's sort of not confident in performing them.
Actually, I think it's more of Ayu never practicing her new songs to sing for lives.
Maybe she's waiting for her tour? but I still think she has the power to choose what to sing for tv lives.

Got Ayu?

Old 26th January 2006, 06:49 AM
Banned

No it WAS correct info; week 4 of MS is better than MU... and yeah in total of course there's a difference, but at this very week MU is doing better than MS...

same as MU 1st+2nd week sales.. doesn't matter; 7 days after the release date is the 1st week, and that's the 7th of january. The fact that it was on sale earlier doesn't have anything to do with that. It's like preorders...
Old 26th January 2006, 07:58 AM
Trauma Initiate

that's sad sales...
Old 26th January 2006, 02:11 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody!
No it WAS correct info; week 4 of MS is better than MU... and yeah in total of course there's a difference, but at this very week MU is doing better than MS...

same as MU 1st+2nd week sales.. doesn't matter; 7 days after the release date is the 1st week, and that's the 7th of january. The fact that it was on sale earlier doesn't have anything to do with that. It's like preorders...
i see u didnt bother to read the link i gave u.

MY STORY release: dec 15th, 2004
week 1 (12/15-12/21): 574,321
week 2 (12/22-12/28): 194,556
week 3 (12/29-01/04): oricon doesnt report
week 4 (01/05-01/11): [combined with week 3] 190,471
week 5 (01/12-01/18): 38,792

(miss) understood release: jan 1st, 2006
week 1 (01/01-01/10): oricon doesnt report
week 2 same as above: [combined with week 1] 653,830
week 3 (01/11-01/17): 82,731
week 4 (01/18-01/24): 38,861
week 5 (01/25-01/31): ??,???

either way u want to compare it, (m)u's weekly sales are going to be lower than MY STORY.
Old 27th January 2006, 07:24 AM
BEST Initiate

Well,give it time,i am sure it will reach the million.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, (miss)understood, ayumi hamasaki