[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~LOVE again~ - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th February 2013, 10:55 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

I'll be happy as long as she gets the #1 weekly!

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 13th February 2013, 11:46 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

from what i can see there might be a chance for ayu to stay on top 5 on the second week =)
Old 13th February 2013, 12:16 PM
Far away Initiate

Wow ayu is among the new releases!
Old 13th February 2013, 10:33 PM
SCAR Initiate

#3 only sold 3466 copies, so not much competition from the new releases. Good chance she'll stay top 5.
Old 14th February 2013, 12:43 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

^

im praying for that!! *¬*~
Old 14th February 2013, 01:02 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Actually, due to the lack of promotion, a lot of people don't even know she has a new release out. While promoting probably won't get many new fans, people should at least know she has something coming up.
Why would avex go all out on promo when Ayumi can't even keep fans that follow her closely? Her being in tons of cms and music/variety shows etc won't make her music any less dull. It also doesn't help that she's apparently not on good terms with Music Station/there's potential another FNS 2012 disaster could happen. For the state of Ayu's career right now I think they did decent. The magazine special she had is amazing actually.

I'm more shocked at how her oversea fanbase is faring I still can't believe the LOVE again purchase count couldn't even surpass the LOVE one...

Old 14th February 2013, 01:23 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I never said "go all out on promo" or anything like that. Just that actually promoting will help outside of her usual three or four magazines. It doesn't really matter if the music is dull or not, but listeners at least need to be aware that new music is coming.
Old 14th February 2013, 02:05 AM
GREEN Initiate

FNS 2012 was a disaster?
this is news to me.

I really think ayumi's problem is... who she is.
I was thinking about it today. If she released something like what AKB48 (any sister group) or something that kis-my-ft2 has released that has sold tons, she wouldnt sale the same because who she is.

She could completely reinvent herself and be a completely different artist, but people still wouldnt buy her stuff because it ayumi hamasaki.
which is sad.
Old 14th February 2013, 02:15 AM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
She could completely reinvent herself and be a completely different artist, but people still wouldnt buy her stuff because it ayumi hamasaki.
which is sad.
unfortunately this is so true.
Old 14th February 2013, 02:27 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

It's not only ayu, even the K-POP groups are dropping a lot

TWICE

Old 14th February 2013, 07:35 AM
I am... Initiate

I'm really glad this is number 1 but the actual sales figures are pretty low. Even with Party Queen, I never thought I would see the day an Ayu ALBUM sells less than 100k.

I think Ayu is not the type of singer whom people want to see as being relatable or accessible (*ahem AKB48). Her appeal has mostly been having this larger than life, queenly, mysterious aura. But lately her PVs show her romping about with Maro and behaving like a silly light-headed schoolgirl. People don't want to see that from Ayu. Her entire creative and marketing team should get the sack IMO.
Old 14th February 2013, 08:29 AM
I am... Initiate

^It's so hard to reply your post in the office with Ayu's butt exploding on my screen.. What I'm trying to say is I don't see the queen anymore. I see someone who's cute, rather immature, that's about it. It's a pity that the general impression she's giving the Japanese public now is something of a delinquent lovelorn teen. What's keeping me supporting her is the regularity and quality of her music. At least that's been consistent all along.
Old 14th February 2013, 10:05 AM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAngel View Post
^It's so hard to reply your post in the office with Ayu's butt exploding on my screen.. What I'm trying to say is I don't see the queen anymore. I see someone who's cute, rather immature, that's about it. It's a pity that the general impression she's giving the Japanese public now is something of a delinquent lovelorn teen. What's keeping me supporting her is the regularity and quality of her music. At least that's been consistent all along.
i sort of agree. shes aware of what shes done and she knows people compare her to madonna and whatnot. being a cute girl all lovey dovey doesnt really live up to her name. and i cant believe she could watch song 4 u and not think hrmm nothing really happens LOL
if shes really ok with all these lackluster releases then i guess whatever floats her boat but i think shes done stuff before which was phenomenal and that means she has the potential to do it again. to be honest i thought brillante was amazing. but after that the closest thing was return road. but in terms of a FULL cohesive piece of music and art i havent seen one since guilty for me. and for the japanese pubic prob n even earlier release. but i still think shell have her comeback sooner or later! if namie can she can
Old 14th February 2013, 10:16 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_ZZZ View Post
i sort of agree. shes aware of what shes done and she knows people compare her to madonna and whatnot. being a cute girl all lovey dovey doesnt really live up to her name. and i cant believe she could watch song 4 u and not think hrmm nothing really happens LOL
if shes really ok with all these lackluster releases then i guess whatever floats her boat but i think shes done stuff before which was phenomenal and that means she has the potential to do it again. to be honest i thought brillante was amazing. but after that the closest thing was return road. but in terms of a FULL cohesive piece of music and art i havent seen one since guilty for me. and for the japanese pubic prob n even earlier release. but i still think shell have her comeback sooner or later! if namie can she can
i agree.. i miss a pv like you were...that's what i called creativity..
Old 14th February 2013, 10:29 AM
fairyland Initiate

I'm so freaking surprised she got #1 for one whole week

~thanks pepper for the set~
Old 14th February 2013, 10:55 AM
appears Initiate

7th Day
Position: #4

Old 14th February 2013, 11:20 AM
End of the World Initiate

They need to make a documentary and show it on a popular variety program.

People need to see into the life of Ayumi Hamasaki, and they need to see that she isn't just some cute, immature person. She is on top of all of her stuff, she does the tour planning herself, she completely controls her empire - and no one knows this anymore. She needs to come out, and say this is Ayumi Hamasaki. No more lies, or hidden lives... she needs to lay it out on the line.

Every one makes gossip about her. But she NEVER responds to this gossip, unless it's potentially career shattering. She needs to open up about her life, if she wants to get those sales again.

If she doesn't, then she doesn't have to. No one really knows her anymore, she isn't on any program, she doesn't post any video blogs, and the little interaction she does on Twitter now isn't even worth mentioning. She's walled herself into a Fortress, like in the lyrics of Wake me up. Everyone thinks they can get in, but nobody actually gets in. I think even she herself knows the sand castles she built aren't holding.

She needs to change her PR strategy if she wants to continue her career. LOVE again sales are just plain attrocious. For someone who is called Japan's Top Female Star, it's a shame she's selling almost the same amount of albums as a Korean boy group that just came to Japan following the Hallyu Wave. =/

Complete change of PR strategy is called for.

Last edited by maikaru; 14th February 2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 14th February 2013, 11:35 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahz- View Post
7th Day
Position: #4

thats great, i'm hopping for something around 15k this week (=
Old 14th February 2013, 11:36 AM
No way to say Initiate

yeah, she needs to come back to tv-shows. she needs to interact with people, she needs to make people think that she is a normal person. but she portrays herself as a super-rich light-headed party queen... I don't think that majority of common people like it here in Japan. they'd rather support a young next door girl(a la AKB48), than someone who's reached everything and lives in another world of super-rich people.

tbh I feel like she is a bit afraid to go to tv nowadays. I watched a video of recent LIVE show and I really felt that she's just forgotten what it is to be a normal person with normal salary who can't afford a 15,000 pound jacuzzi. even if she goes to tv, I think she needs to prepare herself.

she's just beyond Japan, I think. she surely needs to go worldwide.

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 14th February 2013, 11:46 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

The jacuzzi has come back...
Who knew that such a thing could be a career maker or breaker lol

Anyway, it's nice to see that she went up today.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, love again, oricon