[Official Message] ~A BEST LIVE~ DVD/BD on 2013.10.30 + Live CD on 2013.9.18 #2 - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 21st October 2013, 12:17 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Ayu NEEDS to give Bye-Bye darling, petal and untitled 2 their due performances ><
I hope she performs Pray in CDL.
Old 21st October 2013, 03:59 PM
Two of us Initiate

I wonder how weight the "DVD + photobook" version was ?
Does anyone know it ?
Old 21st October 2013, 04:55 PM
count down Initiate

too bad I don't have a Blu-ray player. so I'll definitely buy the DVD!

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 21st October 2013, 04:57 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJames View Post
from 2yan twitter:
Who is 2yan?
Old 21st October 2013, 05:17 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
Who is 2yan?

One of her dancers ! =)
Old 21st October 2013, 05:40 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito_moonlove View Post
I wonder how weight the "DVD + photobook" version was ?
Does anyone know it ?
CDJapan wrote 850g
Old 21st October 2013, 05:45 PM
winding road H-Initiate

I'm looking forward for watching this tour. Yes, it's a lot of performances she already did before, but it must be super cool to watch all those together in one single concert! It truly is a "A BEST LIVE" concert, the name is actually really accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Sorry, but I have to disagree... IMO Namie's concert look all the same (and yes, I have watched them).

It's always a stage with a stair (so she can perform a stair choreography), there's almost always a pole (for pole choreography), the outifits are almost always variation of knee high boots + mini-skirts or baggy pants + sneakers and even the setlist is not THAT surprising. I like some of her tours (Past<Future, Best Fiction, Live Style 2, Live Style 1 sux), but I know I will always see the same thing... Namie singing/dancing with the same style of choreography wearing a variation of something she always wear.
I have to agree, I love Namie, but her tours are barely creative at all... I love some of them (mostly because of the setlist than the visuals), but some others are plain boring imo. Even when people complain Ayu is repeating herself, she is repeating memorable performances that did mark fans before, and that's pretty much why people notice she's repeating, because the first time she did them people were impressed by them and still remember those. For Namie's tours though, very little performances are that memorable that people will complain if she does something similar again (her tours are always similar)...

Musically wise, on the other hand, it's true Namie keeps innovating herself (and herself only, because her songs are getting more and more generic imo), she's constantly changing her songs style (if that's a good or bad thing, that's another story, I personally don't like that super generic pop phase she's in right now). But Ayu's changing as well, if she wasn't people wouldn't be complaining all the time that she should release more songs like her older ones...

Last edited by pimenta; 21st October 2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 21st October 2013, 11:03 PM
Who... Initiate

I just realized that A BEST LIVE means "A BEST" live version. Like a compilation album being performed. And all this time I've been thinking as "the best live ever" -___- Well now that I knew, I'm just suddenly really eager to watch it!

Set by YuriChan

Old 22nd October 2013, 10:25 AM
rainy day Initiate

Tiny preview of the photo book:

Source: http://www.avexnet.or.jp/ayu/jp/disc...VZD-92057.html

Some rambling:
Spoiler:
Oh man, I really hope the OS press will produce the photo book. Some Taiwanese fans got a newsletter from avex Taiwan and it lists that it will be available on 11/15, but no mentioning of the photo book. I'm wondering if it's because they classify it as an external bonus that's why they don't include it in the title. It's either that or they don't produce it at all But I'm hoping that the former happens! I mean, why else would they take so long to produce it right? They've been producing DVDs really quickly for the past few years. Literally on the same week as the Japanese release.

-EDIT-

Larger cover:

Source: http://www.en.barks.jp/news/?id=1000003399

Last edited by jiarongisme; 22nd October 2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 22nd October 2013, 04:31 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiarongisme View Post
Oh man, I really hope the OS press will produce the photo book. Some Taiwanese fans got a newsletter from avex Taiwan and it lists that it will be available on 11/15, but no mentioning of the photo book. I'm wondering if it's because they classify it as an external bonus that's why they don't include it in the title. It's either that or they don't produce it at all But I'm hoping that the former happens! I mean, why else would they take so long to produce it right? They've been producing DVDs really quickly for the past few years. Literally on the same week as the Japanese release.
They only mentioned one version in the newsletter or they mentioned it's going to have a normal and a limited versions? If there's going to be a limited version then that one surely will come with the photobook, but if there's only one version then it's very unlikely to come with the book...

I love her expression on the cover

Old 22nd October 2013, 05:17 PM
rainy day Initiate

They only mentioned one version. I don't exactly know what that would mean in avex Taiwan's perspective. Sometimes they include the limited bonuses in the product descriptions, sometimes it's in the product name. They don't follow the official Japanese listing at times. It's pretty inconsistent. So... Anything could be the case here I think. I would like to be deluded until they put an official listing on their site I'm just really hoping that it comes with the photo book because I'm a sucker for those.

Last edited by jiarongisme; 22nd October 2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 22nd October 2013, 05:57 PM
Sky high Protector

The photobook looks great. ♥
Old 22nd October 2013, 07:00 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiarongisme View Post
They only mentioned one version. I don't exactly know what that would mean in avex Taiwan's perspective. Sometimes they include the limited bonuses in the product descriptions, sometimes it's in the product name. They don't follow the official Japanese listing at times. It's pretty inconsistent. So... Anything could be the case here I think. I would like to be deluded until they put an official listing on their site I'm just really hoping that it comes with the photo book because I'm a sucker for those.
Hm... yeah, but in this case the limited "bonus" makes quite a difference in the price because to get it you have to buy the limited version that has it included, so it's not like the first press bonuses that come for free. Well, I'm just speculating of course, but if it's only one version I doubt the photobook is included unless they make the price higher because of it, because if you have to pay more to have it in the Japanese versions, I guess they would do the same with the overseas versions... It would be nice if they did include it though.

Old 22nd October 2013, 07:30 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

seriously, i really feel its doesn't fair if want compare Ayu tour with Koda or Namie tour, all of their show are identical in their own way own style:
Spoiler:

Koda:
- invite fans on stage do some sexy movement in 1st section
- or invite fans during ballad section for same old song
- mermaid dress for ballad
- dancers battle/showtime then fast song again
- fast song medley to open encore section

Namie:
except Best Fiction tour where she used more props, basically:
- she dance whole show from start till end
- max two ballad section where she just sing alone
- and, long boots is a must for her costumes

Ayu:
- cute song always in 2nd section, with checkered dress
- shuya must dance around when ayu performing ballad
- aerialist end ballad section, acrobatics is a must for recent years
- dancing A for encore
- team ayu t-shirt for encore section
- MY ALL must sing in CDL
- Boys & Girls is a must, and its outro getting long and loooooooooooonger

but you can't denied when Ayu try keep her style, she also try put on effort for new things:

MY STORY tour:
only reveal whole stage after few section, and musical fountain
(miss)understood tour:
start use all LED screen in main stage, magic trick, rain effect
ASIA tour:
big ship appearance, more changes on front round stage (eg Marionette), feather fan dance incorporated with LED screen behind (part of Me)
PCDL:
not only her longest show, but she also performed lots of album or hidden tracks that she never perform before (Over, SCAR, +, etc)
NEXT LEVEL tour:
more cyber feeling on her stage and her costume, performed super old song (eg SIGNAL), and her own photo slideshow for interlude Bridge to the sky
Rock'n'Roll Circus tour:
start introduce special version show to end her tour where she will perform more new song, start use round LED screen also for her front round stage, dancers interlude that interact with backdrop (before Don't look back), funny Gomi interlude with Peco's song THE CABARET performed
do it again CDL:
not only the first time performed on four sided stage, but also the first time have ballad medley, have songs and interlude from her unfinished upcoming album, have guest on her own show, 3 continuous acoustic songs for her recent hits, and last track link with next year CDL
POWER of MUSIC:
not only transformed her songs with orchestra, but also used back arrangement in <MY STORY Classical>, and start bring out background lyrics as main lyrics (forgiveness, Voyage in A BEST LIVE)
HOTEL Love songs CDL:
not only changed her vocalists, but a round fountain for November
WAKE UP CDL:
love when her stage floor all are mirror/silver, love the until that Day... outro, Who... that never perform in past 4 years, floating dress tail in Together When..., and the DVD are the BEST (which is a stunning screenshot when she performing Rule while raising up from platform)

and i really glad she insist to use HOTEL as theme since introduced in end of 2010, HOTEL Love songs tour turn out to be her most complete story linking in her main show, don't forget her new try:
- Shake It, her worst music video, her worst plug, became the best part, nice choreography, and finally no more checkered dress for her cute section and changed a better costume that suit her age
- really like the Sparkle part, esp those smoke gun, and her expression just make us in those party mood where she want to bring out
- jazz section, sexy outfit, gesture like a star, and used powerful vocal to performed underrated song from album <Party Queen>
- surprise breakdown in Party queen, she party, because she lonely
- dancers interlude that used from her own remix album <ayu-mi-x 7>

when peoples critic on A BEST LIVE when saw the tracklist, or listened to the CD album, bare in mind:
- she oledi half deaf, and the CD produce in such short time, so stop compare to PCDL CD
- wasn't when they announced A BEST LIVE as title, we already worry it will become BEST of CDL or Future Classics CDL, lowest expection made, why complaint again when saw the preview
- wasn't we complaint in the same way when HOTEL Love songs tour tracklist first came out, the outcome not bad at all

unless you watched live, if not me and you also not yet watched A BEST LIVE in full. just like Madonna said, please do not pass judgment without seeing her show. i support her since STADIUM TOUR 2002 era, atleast, for past 11 years i never saw her debut single "poker face" ever included in her show disc.

please, she really can't come out a totally brand new show when she have to tour, perform in a-nation, and make new singles/album EVERY YEAR for past 15 years. but definitely, we can see her tries. if you insist totally new thing from her, why you give her a thumb down when she produce album like <Party Queen>, and say you hate she in four sided stage?

Last edited by KLJames; 29th October 2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 22nd October 2013, 09:08 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Every regular tour of hers aimed to promote an album had a visual and conceptual theme based on the album since My Story, and those IMO are enought to give each tour a different feeling.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 22nd October 2013, 09:22 PM
No way to say Initiate

You forgot that Namie must frown throughout the whole concert.
Old 23rd October 2013, 02:34 AM
Who... Initiate

Lol Boys and Girls hurt my ears from all the long noises they're making.

Set by YuriChan

Old 23rd October 2013, 02:49 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-michan View Post
I just realized that A BEST LIVE means "A BEST" live version. Like a compilation album being performed. And all this time I've been thinking as "the best live ever" -___- Well now that I knew, I'm just suddenly really eager to watch it!
she used to to that type of thing with her early tours. Like if it doesn't have a specific date in its title, it wont be footage solely from one date. It may be a lot from the last dates but not all. The easiest example is her STADIUM TOUR 2002

Old 23rd October 2013, 04:19 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenta View Post
Hm... yeah, but in this case the limited "bonus" makes quite a difference in the price because to get it you have to buy the limited version that has it included, so it's not like the first press bonuses that come for free. Well, I'm just speculating of course, but if it's only one version I doubt the photobook is included unless they make the price higher because of it, because if you have to pay more to have it in the Japanese versions, I guess they would do the same with the overseas versions... It would be nice if they did include it though.
That's true. Ahh well~
Old 23rd October 2013, 06:21 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I took a look at the tracklist and already go crazy for ever free, she actually sang it live, omg, the very 1st time right, so happy!! The last time about 13 yrs ago it was played in Ayu's concert tour accompanying with an impressive video and a message. I really really loved it:X

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, a best live