Meeting info for fans going to Yokohama concert on 9/5 or 10/5 - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 4th May 2007, 02:09 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Well, I've arrived and had a long day behind me. A 12-hour flight, of which I could only sleep half an hour because I just can't sleep on a plane. Then met with Maneayu at Ueno Station, went for a short visit in Akihabara with her, then went to check-in the hotel, and after that with maneayu to a Yuna Ito concert in Zepp Tokyo in Odaiba. It was very good!
This has been a very long and tiring day, and I'm still quite awake. My feet hurt but it is still reasonable.

@Blasterion: Don't tell me your flight number was BA5 seat 40A ?

@ayu1m: in Asakusa is a nice sushi restaurant, 3 blocks from the Thundergate

I'll post some more later But now I'm going to sleep...
Japan 2009 Trip Travel Blog (April 26-May 13,Ayu & Perfume Concert & Dolls Party 21)
Tokyo 2009 (Dec 27-Jan 3, Ayu CDL Concert)
Japan 2010 (April 6-23, Ayu & Kuu Concert?)

January 28th 2010: The day everything changed for international Ayu fans. <3

Last edited by Hatix; 4th May 2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 4th May 2007, 03:50 PM
July 1st Initiate

Have to check that out.

The reseller-stores are the one pissing me off, I just can't find them... >_<
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home
Old 5th May 2007, 06:10 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Seems like everyone is there and im the last one getting there!

My flight leaves on Sunday so i won't be there until Monday. Long trip, here I come
Old 5th May 2007, 02:52 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu1m View Post
Okay... where should I start,

Seriously, where in the gods name is the reseller-store? We've walked probably over 20km's over Shinjuku and we haven't found it. Almost only positive thing is that we found Book-off where I bought 2 cds.

And, normal sushi and noodles, why can't we find those either D: Just regular sushi rolls and noodles... There aren't any in Shinjuku?! There are millions of those where you have all kinds of stuff with your noodles or sushi, but I want the damn regulars : D

And my feet hurt.

kel, how did you managed to get tickets to a sumo match..? Does your friend speak japanese or something?
As mentioned in the sticky thread, I just exited the station, walked right and I found it there on the right. It was a couple of minutes walk. You should see the tickets in the window, its how I found it. Be prepared though, the staff member I talked didn't talk a word of English. Most know some

As for Sumo, we just went to the main arena in Ryogoku and talked to the lady in the ticket booth. She had limited English, but when she realised we spoke little Japanese, she brought out a card that has all the questions/answers you need all with Japanese/English on it. So it is easy to order some We have tickets for the 13th, the beginning of the tournament.

Talking of Sumo, we went to the free training session today. It started at 7am, we arrived at 7:15am and left about 11:30am. Though just a training session, the place was very busy, even early on. It was exciting watching it, looking forward to the main matches in the tournament. All 220 of them in just a day

Also went to see the Giants Vs Swallows tonight in the Tokyo Dome. First time I have seen Baseball live, it was a fun time. We choose seats that only cost Y1700, we found out later why they were so cheap :lol: They were in the home area opposite the batting area, so during the batting practice before the game started we have several near misses with a flying ball. One minute you see the ball flying through the air, then the lights mean you loose track of it, next you hear the whistles of the security guards then you hear the crashing of a ball against the seats. Take cover!!!

I think we were kinda out of place too. When the singing and chanting starts, we were kinda just sitting there at first. Picked it up by the end of the game though mostly. The Giants won 11-0, so the atmosphere was very exciting.

Lastly, I a visited Book-Off two days ago. There was kinda a problem though, too much choice, not something I would normally say. Makes finding what you /browsing a little difficult.

We plan a bit of a lazy day tomorrow in the Shibuya area so probably not much to say.
Old 5th May 2007, 03:03 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

still in kyoto...you know.kyoto is really not as much fun as i thought itd be..
way too much walking..i seriously considered cutting off my feet today cuz i could barely walk. whoever named las vegas the sin city, they prob had never been to tokyo before... spent WAY TOO MUCH money there...
I'll be back to tokyo on monday night around 6..
Planning to go to Fuji-Q on tuesday..any taker?

and a recommandation for yal'l.. i dunno why. but i acutally found shiodome fun. It's not much there..but it is on the way to odaiba..so stop by and take a look around..espeically that clock build by hayao miyasaki..

heres my scheule of tokyo trip (for wutever its worth)

arrive 4/28 - tokyo dome (since my ryokan was right by it)

4/29 sat - Akiba, ginza (had to go on weekend..so many people and they close the down the street..theres a toy store at the end of the main st..its quiet fun), started pouring when I went to shiodome, so switched the Roppongi to Odaiba (since most of places are inside)...went to Angels & snow at Odaiba(its this exhibition of photos...really cool..) then went to 2nd floor of decks (which is a MUST GO..the whole recreation of old japan)

4/30 sun - Harajuku (way too many people since it was golden week, but that is when the cosplay people comes out...its on the bridge to the meiji shrine)..was there till pretty late and my friend arrived from nagoya.went to shinjuku with them..karaoke!

5/1 mon - Ikebukuro ..(must go to the 3rd floor on sunshine city 2..i think its N 60? the one with tall building....its call Namja Town)... don't buy the all access pass..cuz ..most likely.u wont be playing the game (...all in japanese) currently, they have hokaido festival there..where they have hokaido food..(cakes re good....MILK ARE GREAT!!!!!!) desert fest is always there, and dumplins....dumplins street..my god..so many different kind!)..its really fun place to go.. went back to harajuku afterward..had kaiten sushi (spelling?) well its the sushi on the train...theres one on omote sando..its REALLY good.

5/2 tue - Ueno park..they had leonardo exhibition...im pretty sure.most of you (as europeans) dont care..but...we really dont get to see da vinci work that often in america.. went to shinjuku to shop at comme ca' store (great great place to shop)..ropponggi/midtown afterward..pretty much by that time..my feets are dead...

5/3 wed - went to japanese congress hall in the morning...there's a tour that can take you in at 10.. there is NO Photography inside, and since we are americans (my friend and i), we followed the american rules (where rules are made to be broken)..when they show you the actual congress.. they will take you to the seperate side for english..and there will be no one there to watch you..so.. take all photos you want just NO FLASH!...shibuya.. just walked around..didnt do much. went to meiji park afterward.walked to aoyama to take pic of prada building. went back to shibuya so my friend can pick up his ibook.

5/4 thur..off to kyoto..

recommandation for food..
...convenece store..7-11, lawsons..and all... ok they have the best sandwiches and just ..anything. 7-11 has some great food too..yakisoba, odan..

kyushu jangara 九州
http://www.kyusyujangara.co.jp/
this has to be the best ramen i've ever had.... they have stores in different area of tokyo..this is a must go. they have 5 different kind of soup..at harajuku 1f..they have 7. i went to the one at akiba, and had just the regular (zenbu...which means all). my friend had the one on lower right corner ..its spicy one.

namja town..its just a fun place to eat..

kaitan sushi.....cheap way to have sushi... theres one at shibuya which is very famous..築地本店..they also have a rule that you have to have 7 dishes of it ..or u cant sit longer than 20 mins

---
shopping place..(clothes)
harajuku is just a great place to shop for me...the takeshita alley, the inside-harajuku.. oh be SURE you go to UT store..its Uniqlo Tshirt.. its pretty cheap and GREAT store design..the whole store is like a giant vending machine.. its on meiji dori. basically when you get out of takeshita alley..you will be on meiji dori... you turn right and cross omote sando and go across (so you end up in diagonal of where you came from)..walks down a bit..and thats where UT is.

comme ca' store..5 stories, 2 stories women, 1 story guys, 1 story mix, 1 story cafe... LOVE this store

odaiba..i found decks 1 and 2 very easy to shop and..easy to..get lost into shopping.. haha.

thats my experience so far..

Last edited by eddi818; 5th May 2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:49 PM

Sounds good

As for my day, we didn't wake up till late after a long and busy day yesterday. When we did, it was overcast and raining, it stayed this way till the evening

So, we made use of our time by going to see Spiderman 3 heh. We had previously seen the cinema and it was right by the exit of a subway so that meant not getting wet It was strange to actually hear so much English during the film after days of almost all Japanese

The fish market is meant to be the place to visit early in the morning, so thats where we are heading tomorrow
Old 6th May 2007, 12:53 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

gee..watching a movie in japan?!.....hahah thats exactly wut i did today too~!!..saw spidey and shopped... good relaxing day..my feet are 50% functional now..on the downside..

I AM SICK..
what the hell... woke up with sore throat now my nose wont stop running..
Old 6th May 2007, 01:29 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

post some pics...
and it will be great...haha...
nice to read it...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 6th May 2007, 02:54 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Yeah, went to Harajuku to see the cosplayers on Sunday, but... it was indeed raining like hell, so there were like a few gothic lollitas and that's it. Whole Harajuku was swarming with umbrellas, it was like, all the usual people, but with umbrellas,so you can imagine what it was. After that, went to NHK TV building, and then to shibuya, got back early, because my feet needed some rest for tomorrow (then I'm going to Nikko, and maybe Nakano). Solved my hunger problem by following your advice: convenience stores! (and they are very conventient ).
But by tomorrow the rain should be over, and the forecast is sunny for the following days.
And yeah, Tokyo is swarmed with advertising for Spider 3. (but I already saw it May 1st in Belgium). So they subtitle movies in Japan? Nice, that's how it should be.

Yesterday: Ueno Park & Akihabara, ate some ramen there. and went to shop a cd of gazette and dvd of A Museum in Shibuya. (I got many concert dvds, but just a few are missing, like this one).

About pictures, I was going to put some on my travel blog, so I can link them here as well.
Japan 2009 Trip Travel Blog (April 26-May 13,Ayu & Perfume Concert & Dolls Party 21)

Old 7th May 2007, 02:49 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatix View Post
@Blasterion: Don't tell me your flight number was BA5 seat 40A ?
haha no I went with Air France, so that couldn`t possibly be me.

hey Eddi are you still going to fujiQ? I`ll call you later about that.

sorry I couldn`t post sooner cause I didn`t have the time to go to a internet cafe yet, but I`m in one right now, outlooking the shibuya crosswalk, awesome, so I hope I can get back to the hotel before the trains stop riding.

well it`s almost 11 pm and I`m pretty beat...

hope to see guys on wednesday...have fun

Old 7th May 2007, 03:42 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Okay, so it wasn't you But I may have had another possible encounter today
I was sitting on the ginza line, and overheard an english conversation of 2 guys next to me. One was american, the other half-japanese/half-american, but as I was just getting out of the train, I heard the american guy say that he was going to Ayumi Hamasaki concert in Yokohama. I couldn't talk to them, because I had to get off at that stop...
So... is it anyone from AHS here? (if so, sorry I couldn't say hi )

Old 7th May 2007, 03:50 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

wasnt me..since im not white...or half asian.. haha
anyway...

im sick. ARGH
and i seroiusly dont suggest people riding shinkansen when you are sick.. the pressure gets to you really bad
Old 7th May 2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
post some pics...
and it will be great...haha...
nice to read it...
Have plenty so far, about 750+, I'll wait till I home to organise/edit them though.

Up nice and early today to visit the fish market. Its recommended in quite a few places and its certainly a interesting place. Busy isn't the word to describe it, I not sure really what to use. A nice relaxing garden is present next door, so we went to have an easy stroll though there.

From the garden you can get on a boat for a short ride, so thats what we did, riding to Asakusa. While fairly close to where we are staying, it wasn't a place we had intended to visit. However, a grand temple and plenty of small, independent shops made this a worthy visit.

After an afternoon nap, as we had gotten up at 5:45am, we visited Tokyo Tower again. All I can say is that the view is much better at night than at day. So many lights, flickering away, such a peaceful view. I started to take some shots, then wished I had a tripod, then my batteries died, my spares were on charge

On the way back, just a short while ago, we stopped by a 7-11 for a snack. Having previously seen Pocky advertised, I picked up some. All I'll say is that I think I need a second suitcase just to take home Pocky
Old 7th May 2007, 03:52 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasterion View Post
haha no I went with Air France, so that couldn`t possibly be me.

hey Eddi are you still going to fujiQ? I`ll call you later about that.

sorry I couldn`t post sooner cause I didn`t have the time to go to a internet cafe yet, but I`m in one right now, outlooking the shibuya crosswalk, awesome, so I hope I can get back to the hotel before the trains stop riding.

well it`s almost 11 pm and I`m pretty beat...

hope to see guys on wednesday...have fun
yeah!!! its going to be good weather tomarrow. you coming?
call me call me.. haha ill prob leave really early tomarrow to go to shinjuku to get on the bus.

here's how
http://www.fuji-q.com/fuji-q-en/main/traffic-01-3.htm
Old 7th May 2007, 03:57 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Hehe, got some Pocky as well But we actually have the same kind of snack in Belgium, only it's not called Pocky, but only here do you have so many different flavours. Got me some regular chocolate ones yesterday, today some coconut flavour

For arranging the hour and place to meet on the 9th. If you want to do the sight seeing of Yokohama, be in front of Tokyo station between 11h30 and 12h I will arrive there at around 11h40 with maneayu, and I'll stand there with my AHS-sign, we'll try to stand in a visible spot. I guess, if you want to meet at a later time, the easiest will be at Yokohama arena. But we will all probably stand in the line for the merchandise, but I'll still try to hold the AHS-sign So look for some non-japanese people, and there's a big possibility it's us

Last edited by Hatix; 7th May 2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 7th May 2007, 04:04 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

wait, what? you guys didnt know what pocky is?! wow..
haha i lost count of my pics..my last count was 1300 ...over the course of 10 days. still havn't organize and all..
Old 7th May 2007, 04:10 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Seems like I don't take enough pictures. I'm only at a 100 pictures... Guess I don't want to look like the tourist

Don't worry, I knew what pocky was (and pretz). It's also supposed to be the best snack to eat while watching anime And if you want more, watch Onegai Teacher and/or Onegai Twins.

And don't forget the melon pan from Shakugan no Shana (that's gonna be some nice breakfast for tomorrow )

Last edited by Hatix; 7th May 2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 8th May 2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddi818 View Post
wait, what? you guys didnt know what pocky is?! wow..
haha i lost count of my pics..my last count was 1300 ...over the course of 10 days. still havn't organize and all..
Knew what it was, just hadn't had the chance to try it yet, the adverts reminded me

Spent the majority of today in Ueno Park and visiting the Zoo. Was a lovely day. The main attraction for us was the Panda, as have never seen one before. Friendly thing.

Actually did something I didn't think I could manage in a day, fill my 2GB SD card in my camera Nearly all pictures and two short videos. Going to offload them to this laptop in a minute.

Ohh, while at the zoo, bit of a strange occurrence. Us three was approached by 4 Japanese Schoolgirls, the age is hard to guess, but obviously fairly young. They asked for our picture with three of them while the fourth would take one. We agreed, didn't see why not. They laughed and giggled after the picture was taken and seemed happy. Wondering why afterwards though. Three tall Gajin's all over 6ft seem a good picture opportunity? Or the fact that one of my friends could easily be mistaken for a certain England footballer? If you are coming Thursday, you can guess who

As for tomorrow, we plan to go to the rides in the Tokyo Dome Area. Rollercoaster looks fun!
Old 8th May 2007, 01:49 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

since the only soccer player i know ..is beckham...so im just going to say beckham.. and if it IS beckham..then id have to take a pic with him too~ =P
today was busy, yet not so bad. Went to Fuji-q with eli and his sis.. it was awesome! too long of lines, but the rides were AWESOME and..you are right by fuji mountain...its really cool.

so the game plan tomorrow?
Old 8th May 2007, 02:10 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

went to Nikko today, it was very good, it's very beautiful, although there are a lot of steep stairs. But the area is also very peaceful.

Game plan, see first post (and some extra info a few posts back)

eddi818 will join the group at minato mirai 21 station around 12h30, because he doesn't want to take the shinkansen, so if others want to do the same and take the normal route without shinkansen, meet at minato mirai 21 around 12h30. we'll be standing there with the ahs-sign. So what's the rest going to do? (of those that are going tomorrow)

Last edited by Hatix; 8th May 2007 at 02:18 PM.