New album 'Love songs' & Ayu-produced single 'Dream ON' 12/22 [VI] - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th December 2010, 11:16 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

her vocals in Love songs are amazing!!!
Old 4th December 2010, 11:23 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogepan_19 View Post
Lyrics are a component of the "song", which has been the tradition since the beginnings of secular music. If her lyrics were anything than what Ayu does of the norm, I'm sure people would have a hard time adjusting int he beginning.

Ayu didn't compose the song, but if Ayu thought the drum was out of place in the music I'm sure she would have requested to have it removed. I mean after all, it's common knowledge that Ayu pretty much control over every aspect of her career (in these recent years) no?
I didn't realize you weren't the one counting the meter so I apologize and I wasn't quite sure how to respond, but once again I wasn't even talking about the lyrics. It was the comment that th

Last edited by Kingdom; 4th December 2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 4th December 2010, 11:32 PM
from your letter Initiate

You weren't talking about the lyrics, but I brought the concept of it into the discussion because lyrics are literature which is created and can be criticized, just like music.

I understand why most people wouldn't want to discuss the "music" aspect of Ayu's song since they wouldn't understand, and I am not critical of her music but rather I like to listen and try to understand how certain aspects of her music may further her message.

Just don't tell me not to post my thoughts on Ayu's "music". Thanks for the apology though .
Old 4th December 2010, 11:49 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

^ Woaaah..ouch. I felt your anger in that lol

Anyway~ I really like Love song. It actually gave me shivers. This album looks like it's gonna be good! ^_^
Old 5th December 2010, 12:02 AM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
On the contrary, any music should not have constant emphasis on offbeats because no tactus would be established then.

How I hear it is the bass drum provides continuity in the pulse and may help to portray the character Ayu is portraying in the song which sounds authoritative. The forward motion would be provided by process in pitch, which has a nice rising and falling contour.
To me, it sounds like stomping, it makes me think of someone marching. For me, this is not an image the song otherwise conjours so the constant pulse is jarring. Counting the time wouldn't be bad if the emphasis was on 2 and 4, or even on 1 and 3, instead of being on all four beats of the measure. even a different pitch or volume would do wonders for the song.

A pulse would make sense to me if this were a dance song, but it's not.

Also, listen to most music, and you'll here emphasis on the off beats, it's become a standard since the blues music of the 20s and 30s

WillxChristmas Tree is the only right pairing

Last edited by hell's_belle; 5th December 2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 5th December 2010, 12:25 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Since everyone is posting so negatively, I'll post something positive.

I liked Love Songs I think its a pretty cool song and this album looks very promising.
Old 5th December 2010, 12:31 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It's pretty nice that the reaction to the song is for the most part very positive! I mean there have been a few people who don't like it, but other than that... people love it!
Old 5th December 2010, 12:33 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsienko View Post
this album looks very promising.
You're right. This album looks very promising, may be more than RnRC.

Anyway, Love song sounded nothing special by the PV preview but the full leak.. omg I'm totally stunned srsly.
I love the arrangement and her vocals there's something.. interesting in her voice. I don't know what is it exactly. But I really like it.

Old 5th December 2010, 12:34 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Her vocals are very different for his song. Very nasal but it's not unpleasant. I do like the song alot! I love her rockish/alternative type songs!

..::|Do no evil|::..

Old 5th December 2010, 12:37 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

The first track on the album is called "Love song".

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 5th December 2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell's_belle View Post
To me, it sounds like stomping, it makes me think of someone marching. For me, this is not an image the song otherwise conjours so the constant pulse is jarring. Counting the time wouldn't be bad if the emphasis was on 2 and 4, or even on 1 and 3, instead of being on all four beats of the measure. even a different pitch or volume would do wonders for the song.

A pulse would make sense to me if this were a dance song, but it's not.

Also, listen to most music, and you'll here emphasis on the off beats, it's become a standard since the blues music of the 20s and 30s
Pulse is entrained not only in dance music, but in all music of the Western tradition which includes pop. If there was no segments of constant pulse in music, then there is no closure when the pulse does get broken.

What you're talking about emphasis on the 2 and 4 is a form of syncopation, which does give music the need to move forward. Emphasis on 1 and 3 is because of either durational, or interonset durational accents. Love song is clearly not influenced by rhythm and blues music, as far as I can try to put them together. Maybe Ayu didn't want the sense of thwarted beats in her song.

I would tend to correlate the stateliness of the drum beats to the sections of the lyrics Ayu poses multiple questions. If one wanted someone to clearly hear their question, would they simply rush through the speech of it?
Old 5th December 2010, 12:47 AM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Pulse is entrained not only in dance music, but in all music of the Western tradition which includes pop. If there was no segments of constant pulse in music, then there is no closure when the pulse does get broken.

What you're talking about emphasis on the 2 and 4 is a form of syncopation, which does give music the need to move forward. Emphasis on 1 and 3 is because of either durational, or interonset durational accents. Love song is clearly not influenced by rhythm and blues music, as far as I can try to put them together. Maybe Ayu didn't want the sense of thwarted beats in her song.

I would tend to correlate the stateliness of the drum beats to the sections of the lyrics Ayu poses multiple questions. If one wanted someone to clearly hear their question, would they simply rush through the speech of it?
I can see what you mean, it still bugs me, but I think I sorta get why she had it done that way. Doesn't necessarily mean I like it though. maybe the poor quality has overemphasized it though, and on the actual HQ file it'll sound better blended and less glaring.

WillxChristmas Tree is the only right pairing

Old 5th December 2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell's_belle View Post
I can see what you mean, it still bugs me, but I think I sorta get why she had it done that way. Doesn't necessarily mean I like it though. maybe the poor quality has overemphasized it though, and on the actual HQ file it'll sound better blended and less glaring.
Hopefully so; I personally find Love song to be quite amazing and it'd be nice to have more people like it rather than dislike it !
Old 5th December 2010, 12:52 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
^It would be nice, but this is AHS you're talking about. A lot of people are never satisfied with anything ayu does.

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 5th December 2010, 12:54 AM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsienko View Post
idk what you all are talking about, she sounds the same her voice hasn't changed. (Ha that rhymed)
i donno, it's just how i feel, like how ppl feel she sounded strained or couldn't reach the note which i didn't think she is..
she just sang it in a different way..

and from the friends i've known so far, they are no longer interest in ayu coz they said her vocal has changed drastically and not like she used to be.. where in fact, i love her current vocal more than her old vocal..
well, everyone entitles to their opinions though...

as long as i like it and it sounds good, that's the only matter to me
I don't care if an ex-fan doesn't like ayu anymore, as long as i love her n i still enjoy her songs..
wanna call me biased or whatever, I love everything she does, of course, when i found her songs not as good as before, i'll admit it but so far, she still sounds ok for me

Last edited by AyUmIXx; 5th December 2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 5th December 2010, 12:55 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I feel as though it's quite odd that someone is trying to make musical suggestions to improve upon a song that is otherwise getting really positive reactions so that the song can please them. It's like... why fix something when it isn't broken? Especially just for one person who is the only one who is picking out such a criticism.
Old 5th December 2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownsarai View Post
^It would be nice, but this is AHS you're talking about. A lot of people are never satisfied with anything ayu does.
That is quite true unfortunately. My personal bias towards Ayu always makes me try to rationalize everything she does so it makes sense, allowing me to enjoy something even if I didn't inherently like in the beginning.

Not saying people can't be critical, and this is not directed towards anyone personally but a general trend I've noticed is criticism for the pure sake of it. It's like no effort was even put in to try and enjoy something from the start.
Old 5th December 2010, 01:04 AM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I feel as though it's quite odd that someone is trying to make musical suggestions to improve upon a song that is otherwise getting really positive reactions so that the song can please them. It's like... why fix something when it isn't broken? Especially just for one person who is the only one who is picking out such a criticism.
usually, some ppl like that are who already not having any interests in ayu anymore but yet still waiting for her to turn to be like she used to be, which is impossible anymore...
Old 5th December 2010, 01:13 AM
SURREAL Initiate

I hear a bit of Last Angel in Love song, Or I'm just being weird lolxd.
Old 5th December 2010, 01:15 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJason View Post
I hear a bit of Last Angel in Love song, Or I'm just being weird lolxd.
You're not being weird! The Last angel melody begins at around 1:35.

Last edited by truehappiness; 5th December 2010 at 01:21 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayumi hamasaki, dream on, hamasaki ayumi, love songs