Official Website has updated the tracklist of the new album[Colours] - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 8th June 2014, 02:24 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by November4 View Post
Girl, you follow me around preaching about loving everything Ayu releases. I guess some people like Megan want to live in candy land where everyone loves everything.

aaaaand also her PVs -have- mostly sucked the recent years. so it's natural to have low expectancies for the new ones.
I don't love everything she does, and the fact that you describe me that way shows you don't know me at all (and yet you refer to me by name, who are you lol). That hotel love songs cdl, for example, totally sucks ass. But I don't complain about every single little thing she does. Im a fan, therefore I like most of what she does. That's what fans usually do, rather than complain about most things. Why be a fan if you don't appreciate her work XD

Anyway, I'm not arguing with random people on a forum lol oh ahs, you do create drama!
Old 8th June 2014, 02:32 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
i dunno why is everyone so surprised, look at western artists, most of them if they give you goddarn 8-12 tracks over the span of 4 years working on it, it's like the best you could get, this is 10 in what,a year? It's MORE THAN YOU COULD WANT!..spoiled fandom xD I personaly never cared for interludes xD
I think some people forget that most artists dont release nearly as much new stuff as what ayu does, where lucky shes gone non stop for 16 years.
I wish her interludes would be more like how they end up in her concerts. But a good interlude also could lead to a good screener in her tour which is like a mini pv

Last edited by douggn; 8th June 2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 8th June 2014, 04:18 PM
Two of us Initiate

I don't think it's fair to mention how other artists normally only put out 10 new tracks every few years. Normally if an artist has worked with Red One or Dark Child then they've actually worked with Red One or Dark Child. xoxo and Angel sound like bought demo's. Angel has an especially bad case of her singing to the demo vocals.
And xoxo could have easily been one of Nicki Minaj's RedOne tracks which where dated back in 2012 so sounds especially stale now.
I do like Lelio though I'll admit, but the English in it makes me think it's another bought demo.

So the point of this post is yes, she releases more than Western artists but if she's just going to buy the bulk of the album then at least spend more and get better tracks or go with unknowns who'll have better cheaper songs (Kumi does it).

It seems Ayu/Avex had 5 or so songs written in their normal way and just bought into the RedOne/DarkChild/Fedde le Grand name as a selling point so they could make an album.

Old 9th June 2014, 02:23 AM
TO BE Initiate

But the "bought" tracks sound great, so what's your point?
Old 9th June 2014, 03:13 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welurru View Post
I don't think it's fair to mention how other artists normally only put out 10 new tracks every few years. Normally if an artist has worked with Red One or Dark Child then they've actually worked with Red One or Dark Child. xoxo and Angel sound like bought demo's. Angel has an especially bad case of her singing to the demo vocals.
And xoxo could have easily been one of Nicki Minaj's RedOne tracks which where dated back in 2012 so sounds especially stale now.
I do like Lelio though I'll admit, but the English in it makes me think it's another bought demo.

So the point of this post is yes, she releases more than Western artists but if she's just going to buy the bulk of the album then at least spend more and get better tracks or go with unknowns who'll have better cheaper songs (Kumi does it).

It seems Ayu/Avex had 5 or so songs written in their normal way and just bought into the RedOne/DarkChild/Fedde le Grand name as a selling point so they could make an album.
Technically thats how all the songs are made. Ayu listens to some sounds, and says this sound is the one, then the process of buying the music starts. Its just shes used some western people for half of the album, like (miss)understood. But I dont think Nicki Minaj can be compared to ayus standards. Nickis more like kuu but not ayu. Its ayus creative style, shes got the money , she knows whats she wants

Last edited by douggn; 9th June 2014 at 03:16 AM.
Old 9th June 2014, 03:26 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welurru View Post

I think that's the point ,I mean they even used those producers as a selling point. I do like her new songs, but those songs are obviously demos, they don't really match her style (although it's still great imo). I'm pretty sure that she has done this before that's why it's not really a big deal for me.

I'm actually rooting for this album! I can't wait ^^
Old 9th June 2014, 04:55 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

I can see ayu working with Pharrel Williams and Sia in the next album. Or maybe with K-Pop producers: Brave Brothers and Double Sidekick are really popular in Korea.

TWICE

Old 9th June 2014, 05:29 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
I have to say I'm really not liking this track listing in terms of song order. Putting HNM and Pray in the first half really sucks all the energy out of this album. Lelio needs to be in the middle rather than at the end. And Angel would have made a sick album opener. My ideal track list:

1. Angel
2. Feel the love
3. XOXO
4. Hello new me
5. Lelio
6. Terminal
7. What is forever love
8. Merry Go Round
9. Now & 4eva
10. Pray
YES I AGREE!!!
Old 9th June 2014, 08:06 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantatu2 View Post
I can see ayu working with Pharrel Williams and Sia in the next album. Or maybe with K-Pop producers: Brave Brothers and Double Sidekick are really popular in Korea.
I need her to work with pharrel and Calvin Harris when he's on his A game

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 9th June 2014, 08:46 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

i preffer a short album with epic songs like this..than a long album full of so-so tracks

i'm not really sure about the order of the list but we can make our own track list.

about the PV, i have no fait on the new FTL/MGR videos..but i really hope that at least one of the tree new songs (angel,xoxo, or lelio) may have an excellent video.
Old 10th June 2014, 08:05 PM
Depend on you Initiate

what's so wrong with loving everything Ayu does??, there should be more fans like that tbh.
And if someone doesn't like that then go to other forum who is not Ayu orient~
Anyway This album is epic, can't wait to it's release .
Old 10th June 2014, 09:04 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoba View Post
what's so wrong with loving everything Ayu does??, there should be more fans like that tbh.
No, there shouldn't. That just makes you a sheep.

I honestly think what makes a true fan is being able to look at her work objectively, critique it, and then step back at the end of the day and acknowledge that she is NOT perfect, her body of work may not be perfect, but if you can accept it for what it is and still love it, then that's miles beyond just saying "OMG I LOVE IT BECAUSE IT'S AYU." You love it in spite of its imperfections, you don't love it because it's ~*~perfect~*~.

Tags
ayu, colours, tracklist