Tales of Xillia theme song titled 'progress' - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 5th February 2011, 07:23 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagami View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't have expectations or certain wants when she releases new stuff? I'm just excited to be getting a new song.

Considering TK and Yuta Nakano's work with Ayu, I'm sure it'll be awesome.
I have stopped doing that myself. I just mentioned Moments would be amazing, something I'll always secretly want - just like I'll want something as utterly mind-blowing, catchy, and fun as STEP you and another winter ballad as good as Days. But ever since R'n'R, where I basically created my dream album and had the style of each song picked out in my head, and after how disappointed I was after setting myself up for that, I no longer expect specific styles. It worked wonders for me with Love Songs which is easily one of my fav. albums now (although I hate Love Song and Virgin Road).
Old 5th February 2011, 07:33 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagami View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't have expectations or certain wants when she releases new stuff? I'm just excited to be getting a new song.

Considering TK and Yuta Nakano's work with Ayu, I'm sure it'll be awesome.
yeah same here. I just want the song and I want it to be amazing I'm sure it will be though since it's ayu and she's working with amazing people on it & the lyrics we have so far are gorgeous.
Old 5th February 2011, 08:38 AM
Far away Initiate

The title sounds epic! Can't wait for this to be released. SUPER EXCITED!

♥♥
Underneath the blue sky&your dazzling smile
--
倖田來未
Old 5th February 2011, 09:03 AM
Dolls Initiate

TK n Yuta Nakano composed this song together???

oh, this is sure going to be a GEM!!

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another...

Old 5th February 2011, 10:26 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy View Post
but then I'd just want to hear Nana singing it, not Ayu!! While I'd die if this sounded like Justice to Believe or BRAVE PHOENIX, it's totally not a style Ayu could pull off
True, true, but Ayu's had her fair share of epic strings-y songs

Quote:

I'd much rather see Ayu in Final Fantasy where her style would totally work/actually be good promo/WHAT IF NOBUO UEMATSU WROTE HER A ****ING SONG...
Also true
Old 5th February 2011, 02:58 PM
ourselves Initiate

If it has Yuta Nakano in it, I'm pretty much guaranteed to love it. I can't wait for this!

My travel blog
Old 5th February 2011, 04:55 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Uematsu has been failing a lot imo recently, he hasn't composed anything I find memorable since FFX (not to mention that Kiss Me Goodbye is among the worst songs Angela has in her discography). Have you tried BUMP OF CHICKEN's Karma, BONNIE PINK's - Ring A Bell and BoA's Mamoritai~White Wishes~? Those are all Tales theme songs and imo they don't sound like the regular "anime" music.
following is all very off-topic...

Spoiler:
Yes, I know all of those songs. Which just proves my point further. They're Jpop songs put into a video game. Search the composers for Mamoritai - they're Jpop composers, not Tales of... composers. That's all I was getting at. It's different to say... Nobuo Uematsu who writes the songs for these vocalists (or gets his team to do so). Hence why I'd like to see Ayu work with Nobuo Uematsu (or anybody who works like he does) one day because it would be cool to hear her sing a song tailor made for a video game. Hearing a song, and hearing a song over the dramatic scene in a game - as an FF fan I'm sure you'll know - is two totally different things. Would she pull it off?

Kiss Me Goodbye is the worst FF song ever. Period. Angela Aki also did a terrible cover Eyes on Me. I'm not a fan of her at all. Nobuo Uematsu only co-composed FFX, FFXI and one track in FFXII, so that's probably why you've not liked his work - nothing TO like. He did FFXIV, which I've not played, but I've heard a few songs and they sound very FFIX (my fave FF) so I instantly approve.

but regardless, I don't care what Ayu puts out for making fate - could be her best song as far as I know! I don't have expectations because I'm just along for the ride.

Just to also say though: why the hate for people if they do? If somebody doesn't like Ayu's rock style songs as much, what's wrong with them hoping the song won't be in the style they don't like as much?
Old 5th February 2011, 05:02 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
following is all very off-topic...

Spoiler:
Yes, I know all of those songs. Which just proves my point further. They're Jpop songs put into a video game. Search the composers for Mamoritai - they're Jpop composers, not Tales of... composers. That's all I was getting at. It's different to say... Nobuo Uematsu who writes the songs for these vocalists (or gets his team to do so). Hence why I'd like to see Ayu work with Nobuo Uematsu (or anybody who works like he does) one day because it would be cool to hear her sing a song tailor made for a video game. Hearing a song, and hearing a song over the dramatic scene in a game - as an FF fan I'm sure you'll know - is two totally different things. Would she pull it off?

Kiss Me Goodbye is the worst FF song ever. Period. Angela Aki also did a terrible cover Eyes on Me. I'm not a fan of her at all. Nobuo Uematsu only co-composed FFX, FFXI and one track in FFXII, so that's probably why you've not liked his work - nothing TO like. He did FFXIV, which I've not played, but I've heard a few songs and they sound very FFIX (my fave FF) so I instantly approve.
I get what you're saying Still there are better game music composers out there and as you've said it, I believe that Nobuo is pretty much living off his old fame. I dunno I haven't played XI and XIV for obvious reasons x_X

Angela is better at doing her own songs and I like her a lot though. Still SE seems to be picking the artists who are on the beginning of their careers so I am not sure if Ayu will ever be on their FF radar

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th February 2011, 05:21 PM
End of the World Initiate

^ I'd love to see her do something with Michiko Naruke, but unfortunately, she seems to have stopped making music all together. That would DEFINITELY be a unique sounding Ayu song. Would never work probably, - but one day they'll make me a Wild Arms 3 prequel and put Ayu in it. I can dream...

I used Nobuo Uematsu as an example as most people know FF, and plus, I love him because of FF nostalgia. I also agree that Ayu would never be chosen, which is a shame, it would be rather epic and produce some amazing songs.
Old 5th February 2011, 06:09 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
^ I'd love to see her do something with Michiko Naruke, but unfortunately, she seems to have stopped making music all together. That would DEFINITELY be a unique sounding Ayu song. Would never work probably, - but one day they'll make me a Wild Arms 3 prequel and put Ayu in it. I can dream...
WILD ARMS 3 had such an awesome ost ^_^ I think Yoko Kano, Yoko Shimomura and Kaijura Yuki would also do interesting stuff with Ayu, still chances of her working with some of them are slim to none

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th February 2011, 06:51 PM
Over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by all.night.raver View Post
^ Really? - I love the lyrics! Hopefully it sounds good. I'll have to look what songs Yuta arranged that TK composed.

Edit: Can't find the information. Someone please inform me?
Yeah, Nobita-kun composed/arranged a bunch of Ayu's songs including most of the songs on GUILTY and NEXT LEVEL; Mirrorcle World and Microphone among others are included in there, as well.
Old 5th February 2011, 11:27 PM
Initiate

thx ^^
Old 6th February 2011, 12:04 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

ooooooooooooooooooh!!! Excitement! I <3 it. yay!

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Old 6th February 2011, 12:55 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
WILD ARMS 3 had such an awesome ost ^_^ I think Yoko Kano, Yoko Shimomura and Kaijura Yuki would also do interesting stuff with Ayu, still chances of her working with some of them are slim to none
I agree sfm ;____; and it's sad that they probably would never work together, but I dream of it some day

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 6th February 2011, 01:16 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_JPU View Post
Well I don't mind if this is a ballad. If it's really good, I'll absolutely be a huge fan of it. I just wish for her to go back to Microphone / Sparkle / Rule / EnergizE / identity, that sort of music. OR to go in the direction of Last Angel, that would be even better! Best song on the album hands down if you ask me.

But hey it's just 1 song We know nothing about the next album yet so I won't make any preliminary judgement.
I agree for 120%
Old 6th February 2011, 01:32 AM
Initiate

i find it funny (in a sincere way, not a sarcastic way) how when ayu did a string of heavier songs, people would complain about it and wish she wouldn't overload us with it, and now that she released an album with no "rock" songs on there, people are pining for her to do some heavier songs again lol.

i do wish she'd do a little more dance-y stuff like sparkle and last angel, but i don't know how well that would fit for a theme song. she did startin' for onimusha, sure, but tbh i didn't think that fit in at all.

so i guess i just hope ayu keeps doing songs that she likes and that fans continue to be understanding/patient.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 6th February 2011, 02:17 AM
UNITE! Initiate

I haven't been paying attention to this, is this song going to be released as a single or not?
Old 6th February 2011, 03:34 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^
I hope so D: I wonder when it will comes out. Before or after the game release?

Old 6th February 2011, 06:55 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by InoriNoUta View Post
i find it funny (in a sincere way, not a sarcastic way) how when ayu did a string of heavier songs, people would complain about it and wish she wouldn't overload us with it, and now that she released an album with no "rock" songs on there, people are pining for her to do some heavier songs again lol.

i do wish she'd do a little more dance-y stuff like sparkle and last angel, but i don't know how well that would fit for a theme song. she did startin' for onimusha, sure, but tbh i didn't think that fit in at all.

so i guess i just hope ayu keeps doing songs that she likes and that fans continue to be understanding/patient.
Well i for one still hope we don't get any heavy songs for awhile hahaha

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 6th February 2011, 04:42 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

This didn't occur to me until recently... but just what is the source of this information? What magazine? I know it came from 2ch but that kind of seems shady now that I think about it...

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, progress, tales of xillia