Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - They forgot ayumi......
View Single Post
  #19  
Old 15th January 2011, 09:13 PM
Bad Wolf's Avatar
Bad Wolf Bad Wolf is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Where desu meets biscuits.
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiSeido View Post
I don't know, what others may think, but for me, Ayu is clearly an idol singer, and alyways has been. What is so different from her to Akina, just for example. Akina is way less of a usual pop singer than Ayu, always has been a very deep and mature artist when it comes to the atmosphere of her songs. I think the guy, that made this list, should rethink this again.

Besides that, I would say, the word "idol" is also something that everyone would put in another way for himself. You can idolize everything, if you take it this way.
Because you're clearly missing the point of what a Japanese idol IS. Ayu, as has been pointed out in this thread, is not an idol singer. They may have tried to make her one back in the day, but I doubt you can even consider her an idol in the Japanese pop sense today. Akina? Totally was an idol in her heyday. Now she's just fondly remembered.

Ayu is an idol in that others idolize her and can learn from her, but she is NOT an idol singer.
__________________


"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Reply With Quote