Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy
but if you hadn't read Ayu's twitter etc... would you really get the message?
I think his review perfectly shows the difference in perception of a non-fan, casual listener who has no idea what Ayu has said about the concept, and us fans who read her every word.
He isn't bashing or hating, he's really praising the opening tracks for their mixture of styles, impact and power. The reviewer just doesn't think the rest maintains the quality.
Did people miss HIS point completely?
|
I agree.
And I don't think his love for kpop came across here that much at all.
What's wrong with you people? He PRAISED the first electro tracks for being fundamentally different from kpop and for seemingly bringing something new and interesting to the Jpop scene.
He got lost at Call, which imo is
incredibly understandable. As I've said from the beginning, it much more reminds me of the generic songs koda likes to sing. Not that it's a bad thing, I love me my kuukuu. But still.
The Rock section is going to be the main difference of opinion obviously. He didn't feel it was effective, and I appreciate his view being someone who is outside the Ayu fandom, as someone who isn't used to those types of songs from her.
I think it's noticeable here that he would have preferred a whole electro album.
Then he moves on to the jazz, and really, who wouldn't be blindsided by them? I was, and I've been a fan since forever :/
And if people don't agree that hbya is generic...god damn you have some bigger problems.
Yes the songs are beautiful, yes they have heartfelt lyrics. Yes, we love them. But that doesn't mean everyone has to look and appreciate those things when they listen to it. Some people are going to be in it for only the music or the casual listening, and some people aren't going to like it. Big deal.
In any case, maybe one of the biggest things that's hurt ayu in her career, is that she isn't about the casual listening anymore, and maybe that's not such a bad thing.