The ~New Artists I'm trying out~ thread - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 30th June 2009, 01:45 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Thumbs up The ~New Artists I'm trying out~ thread

So, my quest in life is to listen to as much music as possible lol kind of.

So I go around, and just try out new stuff I think I might like, be it jpop, jazz, rock, whatever.

So I wonder if anyone else is trying any new artists~ tell us your experiences!

I think this thread could be good inspiration for anyone maybe looking for new stuff or whatever, so post post post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two people I recently started listening to are Spangle Call lilli Line and Nils Petter Molvaer.

Spangle Call lilli Line is a Japanese sort of indie rock band, and they are AWESOME. I recommend them to all, especially if you like bands like school food punishment. Although some of their music is a little more toned down than school food punishment.

Nils Petter Molvaer is a Norwegian musician who has more experimental music. All instrumental, sort of acid jazzy, very ambient, and very different. So if you like weird music like that, you can check him out lol

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 30th June 2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 30th June 2009, 04:29 AM
sending mail Initiate

This is a really good thread . I would post new artists I'm currently listening to now but unfortunately I don't have enough time. Maybe tomorrow. I will try out the two you recommended emi .

Old 30th June 2009, 06:56 AM
Initiate

i like to try out artists that already have been in the industry

~YouTube&twitter&Blog&Funny ScreencapsI+II+III~
::tumblr::

Old 30th June 2009, 07:57 AM

^lol oh maybe people don't understand lol

These are any artists that you're trying out, not "new" debuting artists, just artists that are new to you.

The artists I tried have been in the industry since...before Ayu for example lol.

The next ones I listen to, will be Yelle and Emilie from the French discussion thread.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Old 30th June 2009, 10:14 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Spangle Call lilli Line and school food punishment are really good. A band that I'm trying out at the moment is MONGOL800.
Old 30th June 2009, 10:25 AM
Greatful days Initiate

The band I have got into big time now is Aural Vampire. They had an album a while back which was an independent thing I think, and now there signed to Avex and have been releasing stuff on iTunes.

Not the best song but the only video they have from what im seeing.

Old 30th June 2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrai-chan View Post
Spangle Call lilli Line and school food punishment are really good. A band that I'm trying out at the moment is MONGOL800.
^cool! do you like them a lot? Which you posting here reminds me, I have to listen to Vienna Teng lol

I always think of you whenever she comes up because you used to have her in your sig. I actually met someone else recently that listens to her. I was all excited lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by micster View Post
The band I have got into big time now is Aural Vampire. They had an album a while back which was an independent thing I think, and now there signed to Avex and have been releasing stuff on iTunes.
Oh yeah! you talked about them on your blog lol I told myself I would get their stuff too. It seemed really interesting. Gonna search for their stuff too.

I like that they're releasing on itunes...if I ever cant find something, I could just get it there.

there's just so much music out there.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Old 30th June 2009, 10:45 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
Oh yeah! you talked about them on your blog lol I told myself I would get their stuff too. It seemed really interesting. Gonna search for their stuff too.

I like that they're releasing on itunes...if I ever cant find something, I could just get it there.

there's just so much music out there.
Indeeddd I did. The album Vampire Ecstasy is just awesome. But the EP's are great too that are on iTunes. I suppose its good that there doing stuff on iTunes but I'd just love a physical release seeing how the album is seemingly alike to gold dust.

Old 30th June 2009, 02:29 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Artists I've just recently started listening to/discovered:

~ Adele
She's an English pop singer, and her songs are mostly pop/folksy sounding. Very laid back and emotional... good mix. She won the Grammy for Best Album in 2007/2008, I think? (Recommend: Chasing Pavements, Cold Shoulder, Daydreamer)

~ Lady Gaga
No need to introduce her, huh? lol.

~ Regina Spektor
An American artist with very simple and whimsical songs. She has a great voice, and her lyrics are wacky, to say the least. (Recommend: Blue Lips, Eet)

~ MONKEY MAJIK
Japanese/Canadian band, and by that I mean half the band is Canadian and the other half is Japanese. The lead singer, a Canadian, now lives in Japan. Their music is catchy, and it's a refreshing side of J-Pop I'd say. (Recommend: robots inc., aishiteru)

~ MIKA
A flamboyant English pop artist who makes amazing music. It ranges from campy and energetic, to nice and summery, to downright sad and lonely. He's worth checking out and listening to. (Recommend: Love Today, In Any Other World, Lollipop, Lady Jane)

Last edited by rikku411; 30th June 2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 30th June 2009, 06:01 PM
Curtain call Initiate

just discovered TVXQ
(just saw a music video and so far i like it so i'll give their albums a try)

KAT-TUN
(love their first album i'm going to try out their recent albums)

The Brian
(hes so cute and phew he has only released one solo album)
Old 30th June 2009, 06:35 PM
TO BE Initiate

Saori@destiny!! She's incredible. I mean, her music is so addicting her song Lost is already my most played song on last.fm after two days. O_O

She has no PVs...(I adamantly refuse to believe that piece of crap PV for WOW WAR TECHNO is a real one) so I suggest looking for her mini-album WOW WAR TECHNO to start things off. She has this very mature tone with her electro-pop. The lyrics are very depressing, but much of the music is like a more complex Perfume or Aira Mitsuki. An odd combination, but it works. <3

MEG tumblr
twitter | my personal tumblr | last.fm

Old 30th June 2009, 06:51 PM
no more words Initiate

i recently discoverd Leela James
have you guys heard of her? she makes soul and r&b music

her voice is soooooo good. but then again you really have to like this kind of music to enjoy her...
Old 30th June 2009, 07:55 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by (me)JackieRos View Post
just discovered TVXQ
(just saw a music video and so far i like it so i'll give their albums a try)
same here, I got earwigs of LAST ANGEL(feat. Kuu), Survivor and JUMON - Mirotic - already...though I have parts I hate in every song xD Their new album is quite bad IMO, havent tried out others of them though.

Im also planning to try mihimaru GT(Switch chorus is LOVE!) and Gackt(I really like Lost Angels), but I will have to wait for tomorrow to do so

I just fell in love with Yousei Teikoku a few weeks ago and have new loved songs almost every day, fell in love with Weiß Flügel yesterday. They have such a weird genremix that i just have to like it and their pvs are really, really good for being budget.

Also trying out Mizuki Nana, already have some songs i absolutely love and several tv performances, but i only listened to her current album so far.
Old 30th June 2009, 08:34 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloopy View Post
i recently discoverd Leela James
have you guys heard of her? she makes soul and r&b music

her voice is soooooo good. but then again you really have to like this kind of music to enjoy her...
i love leela james!!! ive got both of her cds! lol her 1st cd was my favorite.

ive been trying out George Michael... and i like it

and La Roux is AWSOME!!!! theyr a UK group the dabbles in the art of electronic music.... theyr style is VERRY UBER 80's... which is aswome for me cuz i always said that im the boy anachronism.. needing to be born and grow up in the 80's...

Margaret Cho seems like shes got a pretty promising music career started

Fedde Le Grand... is a Dutch D house DJ.. who does alot of "X vs. Fedde Le Grand" mixes (fedde and Alex Gaudino are my absolute fave djs ever)

and thanks to rikku411 i like Regina Spektor

ive also DLed Fukuhara Miho's Rainbow album... and i really like it... its the 1st song and im hooked!!!... her style is rock/pop/soul all rolled into one... she has a stong voice like Ayaka... i really recomend Fukuhara Miho for those who like strong voices... im going to upload it here in a bit

and sumthing i forgot about came up in the french music thread so imma quote my post lol

Quote:
the only two fench singers i know are Zaho (love love love her!!!!)... the one thing ive noticed about zaho... and it stands out to me more in her than others... is when she preforms the songs live... or even in the studio... she looks like shes having a blast

and Celine Dion lol even tho she not french (but of french decent ^^)

as for Zaho heres some PVs

Kif'n'dir

Je te promets (although not one of my fave songs... i love the video)

c'est chelou

Dima

Incomprise (this song is worth posting... sadly this is the only video available on u tube of her singing it in studio..

*if anyone wants her Dima album let me know and ill upload it*

~2/13/10~ 3 years out of our lives but still love you baby!

-Dyne Wilkison ~~~1989 -- 2007~~~

Facebook ~ mbal's DeviantART ~ Myspace ~ Last.FM

Last edited by MBAL; 30th June 2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 30th June 2009, 10:00 PM
End roll Initiate

Anushka Mandanchan is pretty amazing. <3 She's a Hindi artist who sings for movie soundtracks. I was listening to Mila Mila by Tata Young and thinking that ti had a lot of Hindi influences, so I looked it up on Wikipedia. Sure enough, it's a cover of Mila Mila by Anushka. That's how I got into her.. I'm glad I did.

Hyoukai mp3 rotation
Old 30th June 2009, 11:24 PM
teens Initiate

I really like Yuka Kagiyama.

She's a new artist on avex, and she just released her debut single - Love Player.

I really like it, and I intend on following her next releases. ^^

Love Player PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES0lG6o868c
Old 30th June 2009, 11:39 PM
poker face Initiate

Jupiter Rising is an artist I have found recently that I totally enjoy. They have pretty good songs, fast and slow. And also MEG, I found out that I totally enjoy her music.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:48 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookies View Post
I really like Yuka Kagiyama.

She's a new artist on avex, and she just released her debut single - Love Player.

I really like it, and I intend on following her next releases. ^^

Love Player PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES0lG6o868c
hey shes pretty good!!!! shes kinda like Tsukiko Amano.. but more mainstream i guess thats the word lol

i like the PV... mixture of SAW, Resident Evil, and Silent Hill

ill prolly be keeping up with her releases as well!
im already dling the single

~2/13/10~ 3 years out of our lives but still love you baby!

-Dyne Wilkison ~~~1989 -- 2007~~~

Facebook ~ mbal's DeviantART ~ Myspace ~ Last.FM

Last edited by MBAL; 1st July 2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:57 AM
Curtain call Initiate

can't believe i forgot ARASHI
karen wont be so proud

atually i discovered them back in 2001
because i didnt like them back them
my love has grown
Old 1st July 2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikku411 View Post
~ Regina Spektor
An American artist with very simple and whimsical songs. She has a great voice, and her lyrics are wacky, to say the least. (Recommend: Blue Lips, Eet)
My best friend LOVES Regina Spektor! When we're in her car, she always has her playing, and I always love the songs, I've been lazy about getting her music though, It's already on my list! lol I <3 her voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovon - Bozu View Post
Saori@destiny!! She's incredible. I mean, her music is so addicting her song Lost is already my most played song on last.fm after two days. O_O
I <3 WOW WAR TECHNO. It's my first album from her, and it really is a little more complex than the usual electro in jpop.

Sometimes she sounds like Ayu to me, like when they vocode Ayu's voice in remixes and stuff...they sound soo similar. imo anyway lol I haven't seen the PV yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBAL View Post
ive been trying out George Michael... and i like it

Margaret Cho seems like shes got a pretty promising music career started
LoL Do you like Depeche Mode? And Margaret Cho? The comedian? Are you the one who had her in your sig? I saw that, and thought it was hilarious. I didn't know she could sing! I have to listen to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far Away View Post
Anushka Mandanchan is pretty amazing. <3 She's a Hindi artist who sings for movie soundtracks. I was listening to Mila Mila by Tata Young and thinking that ti had a lot of Hindi influences, so I looked it up on Wikipedia. Sure enough, it's a cover of Mila Mila by Anushka. That's how I got into her.. I'm glad I did.
Yey thanks! I've been looking for some music in hindi, or with it's influences. I'll add her to my list too!

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBAL View Post
i like the PV... mixture of SAW, Resident Evil, and Silent Hill
that seems really interesting...what kind of music does she do?

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Tags
experimental, new artists, new music