Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Article] Time Out Tokyo's James Hadfield reviews Party Queen
View Single Post
  #18  
Old 24th March 2012, 02:44 AM
emi♡ emi♡ is offline
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: ☆ california ☆
Posts: 17,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Well... I don't think casual listeners have any obligation to analyze in depth... I don't think a hardcore fan have any obligation of analyzing the album in depth (unless they are complaining they can't get it and the fact they can't get it makes it a bad album :B), I don't think anyone, not even the reviewer, has any obligation to like it...

But someone whose job consists of listening music albums (or watching movies, or appreciating fine arts) and objectively analyzing it and saying if it's good or bad should at least take a look on the whole material (lyrics included) and do some research about the context in what the piece of work was made. He is not a casual listener, he is not a random listener... He is someone being paid to give his impressions about it and say on mass media if it's good or bad, if people should buy it or not... So, IMO, the way he did it is pretty lazy.

If he said something like "she was trying to portray how lonely a party queen is and how much they strugle with their own lifes, but it ends being pretentions and empty" for example, I would disagree, but wouldn't find it either bad or lazy...
maybe. I mean, this review is like, so incredibly short and not very in depth at all lol It gave me the impression that his job is just, listening through an album once, and then writing a short summary/analysis of it.

I mean, if this was a positive review, where for example, he said the rock section was great and effective and emotional...instead of absurd, or whatever he said...would you still feel it was lazy?

He was hired to write a short review, and that's what he did.

Unless he just decided to make this one brief cause he hates the album and all his other reviews are super long

Then I'd be like..."okay the guy's an ass".
__________________

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu ❤




Reply With Quote