Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] Official Oricon Thread ~Love songs~ III
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] Official Oricon Thread ~Love songs~ III
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 09:39 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
With just over 750,000 safe to say Sunrise was a summer song hit? I don't know if ringtones are indicative of song popularity, though? Any experts on digital sales to enlighten me on this?
It was also a drama theme song which helped with exposure, I suppose. It was also an amazing song. Ayu only has a handful of other songs that have sold that many chaku uta. Many of which from 2004/2005. Other than a select handful of artists, her sales, I think are in that weird gray area between "high sales" and "low sales". They're not terribly high like Ikimonogakari's Ikimonobakari [I sense their Ai am BEST moment coming up soon though.... the album is selling 1.5 million + and still going on] and they're not incredibly low like say, ELT's CHANGE which only sold about ~31,000 copies.

It's a bit of a miracle that Ayu can stand up to acts that debut a bit less than a decade after her. Is Ayu selling like she used to in 2003-2004? Not at all. However, almost everyone else isn't exactly doing so hot either. I kinda wish things went back to the way they were pre-(miss)understood... (300k singles all day erry day and so on) it seems impossible, but I think it could happen if she releases the right song~