Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu's "worsening" voice?
View Single Post
Old 15th February 2010, 02:15 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Ayu CAN sing honey. In fact I believe 2002-2006 was the period where she really proved she's not that "random girl Max picked up at a bar". But things have gone downhill ever since late-2007... and it's a fact. Nothing to be ashamed of seriously, because even Ayu herself knows and recognized it. I'm glad she's trying to make it better, so that's all that's enough for me.

Things and people change, and I know it'll be hard for Ayu to return to that period where her voice just blew me away. But it's all right... nowadays my standards for Ayu have dropped tremendously anyway, and I would say most of her recent performances in the current Ayu standard is fine.

-some song title- to where we used to be? Guess not.
Sorry, don't call anyone honey if you're trying to prove a point, and don't use some crappy song title to try and make light of this situation.

I would say she did prove herself, but it took years for her to get to that point. Just like from 1998-2002 was her period of "training" vocally, she has probably started all over from the beginning when it comes to her vocals. You can't just suddenly just revert to the way you used to be. It's like how people have to go through therapy to begin learning how to walk again if they've lost use of their legs. It takes time, and it doesn't seem like you acknowledge that at all. I mean what if you were an artist and people kept complaining about how choppy your vocals were 3 years after you released a track even though you were performing as best as you could at the time?