Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』
View Single Post
Old 27th February 2017, 08:16 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrel View Post
Oh please, as if it's unheard of for any band or artist to make fans wait that long between albums. There's a reason for it.

I think if Ayu actually took some time to make an album, rather than just spitting one out to meet a deadline, I think we'd get a phenomenal album as a result. Not something that feels rushed or disjointed.
Time doesn't really help Ayu much. However, MY STORY is probably the longest she spent on an album since she was so busy in 2003 and only was able to release a mini album IIRC in 2003 that she basically was working on the album from January 2004 onward or at least thinking about the album (and tour to go along with it).

For the most part though, her albums are all done in the months before release as they always have been. She always likes to put things off till the last minute anyway. For her to take a break or spend longer than her usual timeframe to do an album would be very unlike her because she's a workaholic that cannot sit still by any means.