New single 'オヒアの木' composed by Kazuhito Kikuchi out now! - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 8th July 2020, 03:01 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

#18 for the week at Oricon. Only had the one day of 5,052 sales.

#8 for the week at Recochoku.

It’s out of the top 10 on the daily list for Oricon.
Old 8th July 2020, 03:40 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Makes sense. Had they released it at the beginning of the new week, it would have probably landed in the top 10. Still, top 20 with only one day of sales is good!

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 8th July 2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11th July 2020, 07:45 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I’m happy if she’s happy, but the song is trite👏🏽as👏🏽fuck. It’s the kind she should’ve let go a decade ago. Also, if she keeps that voice up, sis is on the fast track to diabetes.
de tu puño y letra
Old 11th July 2020, 10:11 PM
Daybreak Initiate

I think that's the reason why a lot of people are liking it - it sounds like a classic Ayu song, after a whole decade of arguably odd directions & missteps. Certainly better than everything on Trouble, imo.
Old 12th July 2020, 12:05 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think from 2015 onward she attempted to go back to the basics with A ONE and sixxxxxx but then things may have steered in another direction in mostly Just the beginning / TROUBLE eras after she had her knee surgery and worsening ear conditions.

The "letter to her child" aspect is also refreshing for many and probably is the highlight of the song over the arrangement or composition itself.
Old 12th July 2020, 12:19 AM
Daybreak Guardian

Oh, I didn't know they would only count one day of sales for the weekly ranking. Hopefully, she gets a better position next week!
Old 12th July 2020, 12:32 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I'm shocked to see people call this a classic Ayu song. I see it as standard to the generic ballads shes been making since Love Again. Not classic Ayu to me.
Its the lyrics that make this song. Definitely not the unmemorable basic composition.

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 12th July 2020 at 12:34 AM.
Old 12th July 2020, 12:54 AM
TO BE Initiate

Classic Ayu songs for me are from the albums LOVEppears, Duty, I am... and maybe RAINBOW. I don't hear that in this song.
Old 12th July 2020, 01:00 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
Oh, I didn't know they would only count one day of sales for the weekly ranking. Hopefully, she gets a better position next week!
Yeah, it came out the Saturday night of the drama which is basically the very tail end of the charting week. It probably isn't going to do super hot though from here on out since it has dropped considerably in many places but at the same time, it's available for free from YouTube and so on, so many are probably not buying it. The YT upload is almost at million views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKathy View Post
Classic Ayu songs for me are from the albums LOVEppears, Duty, I am... and maybe RAINBOW. I don't hear that in this song.
She developed a "classic Ayu ballad" sound in the albums after that. Before that I think it was more experimentation with things compared to MY STORY onward.
Old 12th July 2020, 02:03 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKathy View Post
Exactly. This song is straight off Love Again. Lyrics are good, but composition is just blaaaaand.
Old 12th July 2020, 03:00 AM

It’s a post-peak “classic” (ie a shitton of iterations of the same song exist so let’s call it classic) ballad Ayu track, not a classic Ayu track, arguably, but I’ve no energy cause I heard it a second time and I’m falling asleep.

Lovely lyrics though, but c’est la Ayu I guess.
de tu puño y letra
Old 12th July 2020, 03:02 AM

Hands up if you thought pregnancy/motherhood would be the second coming of Crea.
de tu puño y letra
Old 12th July 2020, 06:52 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Overall, I think the song was rather well received but it doesn't really have legs due to lacking consistent promotion and other things. It's probably a taste of more stuff to come given Max's push to be a creator again.
Old 12th July 2020, 09:54 AM
Love song H-Initiate

I found out that photo in the tv-cm a little bit wider, so I combined it with promo to make full picture.

also if you interested in having most HQ covers, on iTunes it's 2000x2000
Old 12th July 2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 View Post
I'm shocked to see people call this a classic Ayu song. I see it as standard to the generic ballads shes been making since Love Again. Not classic Ayu to me.
Its the lyrics that make this song. Definitely not the unmemorable basic composition.
I was afraid to say this. lol But you are right. This isn't classic Ayu. If at all it's "classic" in the sense that it's the same typical generic stuff she's been doing for years now with no variation at all. The lyrics a nice, but other than that this song is boring, generic and so predictable that it hurts. To be honest, this doesn't do her ballads justice and I would prefer it if that song wouldn't exist.

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 12th July 2020 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12th July 2020, 04:28 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

To a degree though if she's been doing it long enough, it's sort of "classic Ayu" at that point. There's a place for these kinds of ballads just as much as any other kind of track she does. Anyway, I don't think she's going to only be doing these kinds of songs from now on, in fact if that songwriter camp was any indication they're probably gonna do upbeat stuff too.
Old 12th July 2020, 04:33 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

The song is charming. I keep playing it from time to time and even before I learned the translation of the lyrics it managed to wrap my heart with warm emotions. It's her singing that does it and in general, it's a very pretty song. I'm so glad we got it
Old 12th July 2020, 04:34 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Ok then we can call it Neo-classic Ayu lol
Old 12th July 2020, 04:40 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
The song is charming. I keep playing it from time to time and even before I learned the translation of the lyrics it managed to wrap my heart with warm emotions. It's her singing that does it and in general, it's a very pretty song. I'm so glad we got it
What I like about the song is that it feels like she finally was able to restrain that sort of typically too sweet sounding ballad she does (meaning of Love-type songs) and there's a maturity to the way it sounds. This song seems tailored for the Japanese fans for sure however so I do understand why people may not like it too much or aren't impressed but at the same time... we haven't gotten music since TROUBLE, it's almost like a miracle to have gotten this, lol.
Old 12th July 2020, 05:34 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

We can debate whether it’s boring, whether it has the classic ayu sound which it does. The song however is definitely not predictable. From beginning and to the end it keeps changing and it’s very dynamic. Except from the first verse the song keeps getting better and better and I do love the way she sings the rest of the it. The composition is mediocre at best, but the way she sings it gives it a good twist and makes it enjoyable.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Tags
オヒアの木, kazuhito kikuchi, ohia no ki, ohianoki