New song:『Pray for you』 - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 26th January 2021, 05:28 AM
js_surrealism js_surrealism is offline
TO BE Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
Just because you don't like a release, doesn't mean it's objectively bad or that ayu didn't put any effort into it
obviously nobody is saying that it's ~objectively~ bad... this is a fan forum and obviously everything expressed is an opinion. fans are allowed to not like everything their idols make jfc....

i absolutely hated ohia no ki and pray for you. you can have a generic melody with an interesting arrangement or interesting hooks with a more generic arrangement. you can't have both.

she can write great ballads - A ONE was full of them. ONK/PFY (of course im only judging based on the instrumental) are not, IN MY OPINION, great ballads. the only new release of hers ive liked of late was dreamed a dream (and what a great song that was)
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 26th January 2021, 05:39 AM
Evan Odinson's Avatar
Evan Odinson Evan Odinson is offline
Far away Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,346
^You are right, being a fan doesn't mean you have to like everything, that's normal and the way you expressed your personal opinion was good, you don't liked those songs because for you they sound generic, that's perfect but it's completely different to stating she doesn't put any effort anymore or demanding explanations about releasing or not music and about her personal life, it's a huge difference actually I know maybe it wasn't their intention and sometimes words can cause missunderstandings but there are definetely better ways to express one's discontent.
__________________

Last edited by Evan Odinson; 26th January 2021 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 26th January 2021, 09:57 AM
rainbow_smile's Avatar
rainbow_smile rainbow_smile is offline
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
fans are allowed to not like everything their idols make jfc....
I never said you're not allowed to dislike some songs ayu releases. However, there's a difference between saying you don't like a song and acting like just because you dislike it ayu has to make an official statement about her "losing passion" and "declining music quality", as well as demanding that she stops making such songs.

Disliking something isn't a problem, it's the way one words their dislike. And some users here do word their opinions in an overly harsh/rude way.

Last edited by rainbow_smile; 28th January 2021 at 09:53 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 26th January 2021, 04:47 PM
Kanasake's Avatar
Kanasake Kanasake is offline
poker face Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
i absolutely hated ohia no ki and pray for you. you can have a generic melody with an interesting arrangement or interesting hooks with a more generic arrangement. you can't have both.
Ohia no ki was made for her son. She sang it as a mother for her child. It was like a lullaby.
__________________
Kanasake Komachi
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 26th January 2021, 05:20 PM
maxikot's Avatar
maxikot maxikot is offline
NEVER EVER Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
Disliking something isn't a problem, it's the way one words their dislike. And some users here do words their opinions in an overly harsh/rude way.
I agree with you. It's not nice to feel dogmatism sometimes. All would be nice if people remembered to say "In my opinion".
About the song, I hope we get to hear it soon. I really like the voice she served in Ohia and am looking forward to hearing Pray for you with her singing
__________________
Some live performances subbed by me https://vimeo.com/user16870996
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 26th January 2021, 07:06 PM
DavidChaiLatte DavidChaiLatte is offline
Depend on you Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 146
As a counterpoint, I think fans have every right to at least share some level of disappointment with their fave's works, and I don't think they are necessarily coming from a bad place either. Most of them "complain" because they love the artist and want nothing but the best for them. Obviously not all suggestions from fans are valid/feasible, but they mean well - and they are definitely NOT "tossing" her away.

I think if you are an artist, you are expected to receive constructive criticism (Born This Way cover art meltdown anyone?) from fans, and I don't think it's right to denounce it altogether.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 27th January 2021, 02:52 PM
yabieru's Avatar
yabieru yabieru is offline
And Then Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spain
Posts: 930
Seriously I can't believe the woman just worked her ass off trying to do 2 concerts in the middle of a pandemic with plans of debuting a new song in it, being pregnant and some people have the nerve to say she is like done with music. Sometimes I just can't with this forum
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 27th January 2021, 03:16 PM
zellyx's Avatar
zellyx zellyx is offline
Endless sorrow Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabieru View Post
Seriously I can't believe the woman just worked her ass off trying to do 2 concerts in the middle of a pandemic with plans of debuting a new song in it, being pregnant and some people have the nerve to say she is like done with music. Sometimes I just can't with this forum

Agreed!!!!! Thank you!!! Not to mention she has a baby. That's a ton of work for anyone.
__________________



You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 27th January 2021, 06:33 PM
ava_dreams's Avatar
ava_dreams ava_dreams is offline
Depend on you Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 177
Well that comment went on a trip of semantics. 7 billion people 7 billion ways of understanding.
__________________
avadreams.tumblr.com
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 28th January 2021, 12:58 AM
TheRainbow's Avatar
TheRainbow TheRainbow is offline
ayu-mi-x Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 535
Yeah, I specifically said she’s not into releasing new music at the same pace as before, not that she’s due for retirement. Lol
__________________


art thread

Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 28th January 2021, 02:34 PM
AyumiAi's Avatar
AyumiAi AyumiAi is offline
still alone Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MOMENTStreal, CAROLSanada
Posts: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabieru View Post
Seriously I can't believe the woman just worked her ass off trying to do 2 concerts in the middle of a pandemic with plans of debuting a new song in it, being pregnant and some people have the nerve to say she is like done with music. Sometimes I just can't with this forum
''I nearly went blind stoning this corset ''

'Got it. Still dissapointing'
__________________


set made my me

Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 28th January 2021, 03:56 PM
summerain's Avatar
summerain summerain is offline
WHATEVER Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabieru View Post
Seriously I can't believe the woman just worked her ass off trying to do 2 concerts in the middle of a pandemic with plans of debuting a new song in it, being pregnant and some people have the nerve to say she is like done with music. Sometimes I just can't with this forum
She actually did 4, if we count a-nation and Xmas Live (and it would be 5, if CDL didn't got cancelled).
__________________


no rain, can't get the rainbow
(ayumi hamasaki - RAINBOW)

Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 1st February 2021, 12:06 AM
Krushnic's Avatar
Krushnic Krushnic is offline
As if.. Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Brazil
Posts: 290
So lovely 🥰🥰🥰
__________________


togetherwhen tumblr / eternaltie insta / twitter/
(forgive me for my bad english)

Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 3rd February 2021, 01:19 AM
Minerva's Avatar
Minerva Minerva is offline
Curtain call Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 16,190
Well I mean she has the means to raise her babies, she has a village. Is not like she’s doing it by herself but I agree she’s a workaholic.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 11th February 2021, 09:03 PM
Akutenshi's Avatar
Akutenshi Akutenshi is offline
End roll Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 750
I didn't realize what I said would spark this conversation.

First, people can express their feelings however they want. Nobody NEEDS to always say "in my opinion", because everybody should be cognizant enough to know we all state our opinions. It's redundant and unnecessary. As long as you aren't personally insulting anyone, it's okay to say something is bad, because that is your perspective, just like how people say something is good is theirs.

Second, it is completely okay to not blindly praise everything your favorite artist does. I can't remember which user stated it, but yes, a majority (notice I said majority, not all) of the ballads they stated sound basically the same. The same generic wind chimes, the same synthetic strings, the same piano, all of it. And if people love that, great! I do not. And my opinion as a fan is just as valid and warranted as the ones who love every ballad she does, but don't like when she experiments outside of her "Ayu" sound (Party Queen, Colours for example - I remember the outrage and criticisms of long time fans when those came out for not being "true" to herself, while I myself loved and found them refreshing).

I love a great many of her ballads, but they don't all have to be arranged the same way. You Are The One is a great example of a recent one that does add some different, unique flair. I wish she'd do that more. As for Pray For You, I wish she'd have more horns and flutes implemented. As I said in my comment, it was a nice change.

You can have a style or sound and not beat it to death.

Last edited by Akutenshi; 11th February 2021 at 09:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12th February 2021, 07:11 AM
Zeke.'s Avatar
Zeke. Zeke. is offline
Beautiful Day Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Posts: 9,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutenshi View Post
I didn't realize what I said would spark this conversation.

First, people can express their feelings however they want. Nobody NEEDS to always say "in my opinion", because everybody should be cognizant enough to know we all state our opinions. It's redundant and unnecessary. As long as you aren't personally insulting anyone, it's okay to say something is bad, because that is your perspective, just like how people say something is good is theirs.

Second, it is completely okay to not blindly praise everything your favorite artist does. I can't remember which user stated it, but yes, a majority (notice I said majority, not all) of the ballads they stated sound basically the same. The same generic wind chimes, the same synthetic strings, the same piano, all of it. And if people love that, great! I do not. And my opinion as a fan is just as valid and warranted as the ones who love every ballad she does, but don't like when she experiments outside of her "Ayu" sound (Party Queen, Colours for example - I remember the outrage and criticisms of long time fans when those came out for not being "true" to herself, while I myself loved and found them refreshing).

I love a great many of her ballads, but they don't all have to be arranged the same way. You Are The One is a great example of a recent one that does add some different, unique flair. I wish she'd do that more. As for Pray For You, I wish she'd have more horns and flutes implemented. As I said in my comment, it was a nice change.

You can have a style or sound and not beat it to death.
X1000 on having to tack “in my opinion” onto everything. People used to say that so often to me that I ended up putting “IN MY OPINION.” into my signature so it was appended to literally everything I posted. Lol.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12th February 2021, 07:55 AM
DavidChaiLatte DavidChaiLatte is offline
Depend on you Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
X1000 on having to tack “in my opinion” onto everything. People used to say that so often to me that I ended up putting “IN MY OPINION.” into my signature so it was appended to literally everything I posted. Lol.
Lmao that signature of yours was pretty iconic. Didn’t it include a quote of another user saying that you were “always complaining” about how you don’t like something?
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 12th February 2021, 11:21 AM
maxikot's Avatar
maxikot maxikot is offline
NEVER EVER Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutenshi View Post
it is completely okay to not blindly praise everything your favorite artist does.
Just because some people, me included, praise songs like aeternal, The Way I Am doesn't make me blind. I genuinely enjoy those so it doesn't feel nice to read that liking vast majority of ayu releases indirectly describes me as blind. And the problem I see is not that there are people who don't enjoy some of ayu releases but the way they express themselves. A few other users said the same. I think it's only decent to give a little thought to how (not what) you say or write before putting it out, it's all about little empathy.

On the topic I hope to hear the song very soon ^^ Maybe when the tracklist of A Ballads 2 is out (? Even a short version with her vocals would be sweet. I wanna be teased haha.
__________________
Some live performances subbed by me https://vimeo.com/user16870996
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 12th February 2021, 02:05 PM
koumori's Avatar
koumori koumori is offline
RAINBOW Guardian

 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutenshi View Post
First, people can express their feelings however they want. Nobody NEEDS to always say "in my opinion", because everybody should be cognizant enough to know we all state our opinions. It's redundant and unnecessary.
Words are important, and "in my opinion/from my perspective" are used to differentiate between you acknowledging that other people think differently and you think that's fine, or you thinking what you are saying is fact and you judge those who think differently.

We seem to have a problem with people misunderstanding why it's important to use words to explain their point better. People here aren't your friends, they barely know you. If you walk into a room irl and say something like "x artist has gotten really bland" then you'll get the same response from strangers if they like that artist. It's more likely you'd say "Well, their last song wasn't my thing, for x y and z", which is what you say to welcome discussion and not seem like you're preemptively shooting it down.

Is it unnecessary? Well, since people are commenting that they needed to repeat that they do consider it just their opinion, I personally wouldn't say it is. If multiple people are misunderstanding you consistently then sometimes it's good to look at the finer details of the wording you're using to make sure you're representing yourself in the best way.

After Zeke's signature back in the day I really thought on why we would see consistent debates on his wording, and this is the big key difference really. If you're allowing yourself to be open to discussion and other people's opinions, then say so, because people don't know you and won't assume the best. And everyone here has had bad experiences of being told their taste is shit point blank lmao, unfortunately not everyone comes onto a forum wanting a discussion and it's just the reality of things that we have to signal when we do or that we know not everyone thinks the same as us.


This is amazingly off-topic but since it's on the topic of AHS as a community, I'll roll with it. My apologies to those coming here for Pray for you news
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 14th February 2021, 06:28 PM
BlackSilence's Avatar
BlackSilence BlackSilence is offline
Because of You Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 5,508
People just need to learn to ignore what they don't like, that's what i've been doing lately. Even if i voice an opinion. But on another note, i'm just lazy writing novels. LOL
People are taking things a bit too into their hearts these days, it's music. Take it easy. People tend to overanalyse everything.
I've got a bit confused as to what's the big deal here lol But that's just me. I can say i skip MOST of her ballads and find them borring, and some people swear by them, i don't really see a big deal there

I may skip the music, and i'm less than interested in the whole compilation stuff, but i'm looking forward to the bit of action happening in her career again.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cdl 20-21, music for life, pray for you

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.