Ayu's social networks - Discussion #57 - Page 17 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th December 2021, 04:58 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Thank you for translation of this extensive interview MKAyu
Old 27th December 2021, 06:07 PM
No way to say Initiate

wow I've just come across this interview on YouTube!! it just randomly appeared on the main page. BIKKURI!

such a wonderful video! it's like magic to see them talking like this. and I think Max was kinda shy.

I hope to watch another video with ayu! at the end of the video Max said 'fans from TA, everything depends on your demand!'

awwwww I need to see them together more!!

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 28th December 2021, 12:08 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Thank you so much for the translation summaries, this feels like such an important interview. I didn't expect to see anything like this happening soon.
Old 28th December 2021, 01:39 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I’m shocked at how many views it has in such a short time lol

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 28th December 2021, 02:25 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Thank you MKAyu for the translation!

I found Max's perception of the state of Ayu's career, her creative output, and the desires/expectations of her audience (and how they contrast with her own creative dreams) quite intriguing. He clearly recognises that Ayu's career does have the potential to continue being successful if only she would become increasingly receptive to the expectations of her audience. I don't think anyone can realistically expect her (or even want her to!) to return to releasing an original album once a year (especially with the state of her hearing now, and as she has young children), but there does appear to be a yearning for new music among her fans, and this is clearly implied in some of his comments. I imagine that Ayu was informed of what the questions asked in the interview would be focused on, and subsequently, maybe this can also insinuate that Ayu herself is interested in receiving direct feedback from her audience regarding what they want to see from her. Great interview, and I'm excited to see if Ayu and her team do indeed take fan feedback into account!

Last edited by 280301; 28th December 2021 at 02:37 PM.
Old 28th December 2021, 08:23 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280301 View Post
Thank you MKAyu for the translation!

I found Max's perception of the state of Ayu's career, her creative output, and the desires/expectations of her audience (and how they contrast with her own creative dreams) quite intriguing. He clearly recognises that Ayu's career does have the potential to continue being successful if only she would become increasingly receptive to the expectations of her audience. I don't think anyone can realistically expect her (or even want her to!) to return to releasing an original album once a year (especially with the state of her hearing now, and as she has young children), but there does appear to be a yearning for new music among her fans, and this is clearly implied in some of his comments. I imagine that Ayu was informed of what the questions asked in the interview would be focused on, and subsequently, maybe this can also insinuate that Ayu herself is interested in receiving direct feedback from her audience regarding what they want to see from her. Great interview, and I'm excited to see if Ayu and her team do indeed take fan feedback into account!
No problem!

I'm very curious about Ayu's mental state. Ayu is very clear--she has what she wants for herself and her youthful hunger for recognition is gone. But is that because she achieved that recognition and is comfortable where she is? Or is it burnout? Or is it a change in interests and priorities?

Her reaction and future work will look very different depending on that!
Old 28th December 2021, 11:22 PM
Who... Initiate

I don't see her being on the edge of burnout / haven't seen any signs of that. I think she has just achieved all the recognition she needed and has now more mature view for life. She has done SO MUCH in her adult life and had (and still has) amazing career. It might be change in interest and priorities. She is also a mother now.

Imo she perfoms because she really loves to be on stage but recording album or mini album doesn't seem to be in her future. I think those days are over now and it's okay after all the content she has pushed out there in the last 20+ years!
Old 30th December 2021, 05:37 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Thank you so much for translation, MKAyu!
I'm still impressed how early ayu wrote A Song for XX.

Ayu probably reached milestones she dreamed about. She has family now. Her daily routine changed a lot because of it, maybe she doesn't have that much time or strength to create songs. Or maybe not sure how fans will react on calm and happy ayu. Feels like right now she wants to be on stage more that doing anything else.
–-----

Be who you are no matter what people say.

#ayuasiatour20212022
#yoyogi
#聖地代々木
Old 30th December 2021, 05:58 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Thank you so much for translating! Such an interesting interview..
Old 30th December 2021, 10:42 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by //ABEST View Post
Imo she perfoms because she really loves to be on stage but recording album or mini album doesn't seem to be in her future. I think those days are over now and it's okay after all the content she has pushed out there in the last 20+ years!
This is what I hope is the case. I hope that she's satisfied with all she accomplished and now is just in it to enjoy her life--to write lyrics when the mood strikes, to support her dancers and teammates, to tour for her fans, and to raise her children. It's the best case scenario, and I'd be really happy for her.
Old 4th January 2022, 08:01 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Thanks a lot MKAyu for the translation! It was an interesting read

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 5th January 2022, 05:48 AM
And Then Initiate

That was fun to read, thanks MKAyu for translating.
Old 17th February 2022, 04:18 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Seems like she’s recorded something

…I was thinking it could be new music but then I remembered the Kishidan cover so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just that lol.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 17th February 2022, 06:14 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post

…I was thinking it could be new music but then I remembered the Kishidan cover so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just that lol.
Considering she hasn't released a full album since... 2015? I have no expectations on a new album. I'm really dissapointed about the lack of new music in recent years.

We've had 9 songs in 7 years.
Old 17th February 2022, 06:40 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I guess she's just not that into making new songs atm, she did a couple of new ones for very specific situations these past years but her joy since CDL 16-17 is performing on the stage, and even if new music makes me happy (even the covers!) I'd prefer she doesn't release anything instead of getting an uninspired half-assed album lol
Old 17th February 2022, 07:17 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
I guess she's just not that into making new songs atm, she did a couple of new ones for very specific situations these past years but her joy since CDL 16-17 is performing on the stage, and even if new music makes me happy (even the covers!) I'd prefer she doesn't release anything instead of getting an uninspired half-assed album lol
I think she needs to release more music, even though she is not inspired at all. Just because when you fail, when you feel you are not doing things right, it's when you develop your true potential. She needs to compose, maybe she needs to fail to feel the same passion she feels on stage, but creating more music again. And this will only happen if she tries.

She's rested for a long time. I think it is time to stand up again and work in more music.
Old 18th February 2022, 07:02 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post

That would be her cover of One Night Carnival for sure ^^

I would say I am happy with her releasing 2 awesome songs a year rather than 2 albums filled with poor b-side excuses.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 18th February 2022, 12:05 PM
Initiate

Why are you still thinking she will release a poor album ?
She didn't release anything since 2016, think she had times to come with something new, trying new music and styles !
It could be a really good album, why always thinking it will be poor or rushed or... ?

Krtman2022 is right, she needs to release more new music... touring is great but not anyone is able to see her on stage.
Old 18th February 2022, 01:54 PM
SURREAL Initiate

^Of course we can't speak for her, but from my point of view it feels like making new music isn't her priority right now, and I can't blame her, she has such a huge catalogue lol but the thing is, TROUBLE and even Made in Japan felt like unfinished albums, and don't get me wrong I like those two releases because despite everything her lyrics were as touching as ever and there were some really fun and interesting melodies, but MIJ after SURVIVOR kinda doesn't maintain the concept/vibe from the previous tracks and it feels like they just recorded a bunch of demos and threw them together, same with TROUBLE (Let's not even discuss the tracks quantity, considering this one was being advertised as a studio album and not an EP/mini album) and imo both have mixing issues as well (not her fault of course). Since then she's been touring and from her IG posts and TA entries it's clear her biggest joy (professionally speaking) it's performing and being on the stage rather than in a studio, nothing wrong with that, maybe it's boring for us international fans, but japanese fans and general public are still interested in seeing her live, despite the lack of new music so it works. Her recent singles have been great, Dreamed a Dream and 23rd Monster are really fun but again, if we consider those two and Ohia no Ki, they don't seem/sound related at all, I can't picture those 3 songs together in an album, but it's clear she still can write and make awesome new music, so why wait so long to make a new album? my only guess is she's simply not in the mood to do it at the moment, and I'd rather wait for her to be in the mood to make a great album again instead of Avex pressuring her into recording a bunch of old demos and releasing them as an album with little promo and poor quality in terms of mixing/production.

AGAIN that's just my guess, I could be totally wrong and there could be many different answers to why she hasn't released something new and if she decides to do it I'll be right there supporting her! but if only touring makes her happy right now, as she said when she started Just The Beginning Tour something like she wanted to perform as much as possible before becoming completely deaf, then so it be, not much we can do in that aspect.
Old 19th February 2022, 06:39 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Well, considering We are the QUEENS was released in 2016 and made it to TROUBLE in 2018, ayu's new album could simply comprise of her recent songs like Dreamed a Dream, Ohia no Ki, Haru yo, Koi, 23rd Monster etc...

I am just happy she still strives to put up a show despite the challenges, e.g. the pandemic, her health etc..
Closed Thread

Tags
facebook, instagram, social media, tiktok, twitter