New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [II] - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd February 2012, 06:11 PM
GREEN Initiate

Some people just have no taste in music... or they just on't understand it, lol..
Progress is an amazing song and I hope she does more like it.
Although the PV was horrible! (it was a tie-in! include some footage of the game! lol)
Old 2nd February 2012, 06:20 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady~Deviance View Post
If what's stated in bold is true, then Ayu's new album better knock my f$%^*#g socks off. No excuses.

However, since it's Ayu I won't hold my breath.
Well, many popular American singers have "top staff" but their music is garbage. I wouldn't take it too seriously.
Old 2nd February 2012, 06:25 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
It doesn't look like Happening Here's announcement linked to iTunes, so perhaps there will be an iTunes release after all, just not mentioned on the main site. We'll see next week, I suppose!

About Happening Here... for all we know, it might be a bonus track. LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by microphone View Post
Well, many popular American singers have "top staff" but their music is garbage. I wouldn't take it too seriously.
Yeah, and of course they're not going to say it's a steaming pile of **** haha
Old 2nd February 2012, 06:44 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I am not really trying to over analyze it. I think it will be great! I just want a great pop album, which we all know that Ayu can deliver.

Peter Parker With A Fashion Sense
Old 2nd February 2012, 06:53 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
If what's stated in bold is true, then Ayu's new album better knock my f$%^*#g socks off. No excuses.

However, since it's Ayu I won't hold my breath.
Omg, I love your sig! *saves*

Ayu official wallpapers in widescreen
♥ Mrs. Kwon Jiyong since 10/21/12 ♥

Old 2nd February 2012, 06:56 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKARI View Post
if the quote is true, this album will be epic!!
lol it will be true for some people, just like usually >D
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:02 PM
Two of us Initiate

When I read the titels I was like

But ayu never fails to deliver so I'll keep my hopes up.
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:28 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlastingRAINBOW View Post
I think Avex is making up for the lack of income from the singles by releasing 36263 things on the same day
THIS

I don't care much about the titles but overall they just make the album look tacky/cheap

but the titles do fit to the theme of "party hard"
even Ayu hair do fit this theme now, lolz
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacus View Post
When I read the titels I was like

But ayu never fails to deliver so I'll keep my hopes up.
OMG, I love this... xD
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:58 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by microphone View Post
yeah, im not going to say that sound engineers and stuff dont have an important job, cause they do, but Im more concerned with her composers, who imo havent been doing that great, but its not necessarily their fault. Ayu chooses the songs in the end.

And progress, I wish I could remember it enough to give an opinion...I must be getting old.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 2nd February 2012, 10:01 PM
Pray H-Initiate

I don't remember Progress at all, other than I was pretty into it JUST when it got out.
2011 in terms of Ayu is like last weekend to me. A haze of "Moderately fun, but I don't remember it at all." I wish Progress "stuck" more :/

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 2nd February 2012, 10:02 PM
GREEN Initiate

^^ do we have a release on who compose what yet?
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:05 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

I dont think so, but I know people took note of who was working with her in London.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 2nd February 2012, 10:12 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki88 View Post
I don't remember Progress at all, other than I was pretty into it JUST when it got out.
2011 in terms of Ayu is like last weekend to me. A haze of "Moderately fun, but I don't remember it at all." I wish Progress "stuck" more :/
Imo progress was many things (awesome was one of them ), but forgetful. If you were talking about beloved I'd understand ^^

The end of March marks the end of fiscal 2011, it's normal avex wants their stats to look their best.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 2nd February 2012, 10:14 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Well if that's the case then I'm not a fan David Reitzas or Leslie Kee. The songs mentioned in my opinion were some of her most mundane and uninspired songs in her entire discography. Hell, her whole "Love Songs" and "FIVE" era was bland and nauseating. As far as Leslie Kee goes, many of the photos I've seen of her taken by him just make me cringe. True story.

I really hope her team takes a different route this time musically speaking. If that happens, I'll stop being an Ayu-pessimist.
Love Songs is by far her most interesting album on the compositional level for me, the tracks have rather unique melodies and interesting blends of genres I don't think I heard in mainstream pop before and if she produces another similar one I'll be in fanboy heaven. And there is a reason Leslie Kee is at the top in a completely oversaturated business: he's a damn good photographer, if his photos make you cringe doesn't really matter...at all. Some people hate Shakespeare as well and his work is without a doubt great no matter what some individuals think. The top fashion magazines, models and musicians will continue to use Leslie because he simply does a great job in his field of work.
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:12 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Wow it seems people really like Love songs... :O

Btw, I am kinda disappointed about Leslie Kee. I mean, Secret covers are really nice. But his recent work of Ayu (like 2012 calendar and FIVE/beloved stuff) are not as good imo.

Last edited by ayuuk; 2nd February 2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:16 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Can't wait to see the covers! Even though i'm not really expecting something great, i don't know why.
Still haven't listened to party queen and how beautiful you are and won't till i receive this ******* album (which means on april since i took the slowest shipping method t_t). I can't waiiiiiit.

^of course yes, love songs is such a great album!

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 2nd February 2012, 11:17 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
Love Songs is by far her most interesting album on the compositional level for me, the tracks have rather unique melodies and interesting blends of genres I don't think I heard in mainstream pop before and if she produces another similar one I'll be in fanboy heaven. And there is a reason Leslie Kee is at the top in a completely oversaturated business: he's a damn good photographer, if his photos make you cringe doesn't really matter...at all. Some people hate Shakespeare as well and his work is without a doubt great no matter what some individuals think. The top fashion magazines, models and musicians will continue to use Leslie because he simply does a great job in his field of work.
This post, I love it.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 2nd February 2012, 11:32 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
And there is a reason Leslie Kee is at the top in a completely oversaturated business: he's a damn good photographer.
I'm fully aware that he's a widely renowned photographer. I was born over 30 years ago, not 30 minutes ago. My husband does photography on the side and I've taken photography classes and photography history classes while attending college years ago. I'm fully knowledgeable on past and current famous photographers and I've even had the opportunity to meet a few in my lifetime.

Quote:
if his photos make you cringe doesn't really matter...at all.
The last part of that statement was rude and unnecessary. I wasn't insulting the man or deeming his entire portfolio of works as 2nd rate or abhorrent. I was just expressing that I'm not an avid admirer of his works with Ayumi in particular. Is that a crime? If it is please don't hesitate to cast the first stone. And for the record, MY opinion obviously matters to me.

And once again I was not insulting the man or taking away any merit from him or his work. He is a talented photographer but not my favorite by a long shot but I do fancy some of his works. It is what it is.

Quote:
Some people hate Shakespeare as well and his work is without a doubt great no matter what some individuals think. The top fashion magazines, models and musicians will continue to use Leslie because he simply does a great job in his field of work.
No offense but that's just stating the damned obvious. There are always going to be individuals who don't fully appreciate or favor a certain figure who's considered to be at the apex of a certain phenomena, occupation, movement, field, etc. And there will always be a myriad of ardent supporters who will invariably find gratification in what that individual stands for or does. Opinions by nature are multifarious and universal. Once again, just stating the obvious.

Last edited by Lady~Deviance; 3rd February 2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:44 PM
GREEN Initiate

And let the fighting Begin...

Man.. anyways... So i was thinking about the title song party queen and am I the only one that thinks this is going to be huge in drag queen circles... lol

I'm still looking forward to this releases and the whole glory of the pre ordered hasn't worn off yet... Usually when I preorder one of her albums I'm like, cool... now its going to come in a few months, but this one.. I jsut want it now!
I think it's because last year was pretty try for new material and i am ready for a new album!
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, how beautiful you are, party queen, taskebab