New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [V] - Page 15 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 1st March 2012, 07:19 AM
setsuka's Avatar
setsuka setsuka is offline
End roll Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Heaven On Earth
Posts: 774
I just read his tweets, he said he was possibly drinking XD

anyway IA on the fans thing
also IA on the vague concept

even I though I love the concept,I wish the album was just about partying ~*~*~*
and not sad stuff...I hope it doesn't spill into the music too much

also I have a feeling maybe all the pvs will be connected like a storyline in some way
  #2  
Old 1st March 2012, 07:34 AM
happiholic★'s Avatar
happiholic★ happiholic★ is offline
fairyland Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 8,287
I dunno, he was typing awfully coherently for someone who was supposedly drunk. I think he's trying to cover his butt. I'm not even mad at what he said in the first place, I just don't believe him.
__________________

❤

  #3  
Old 1st March 2012, 07:40 AM
xLuna&1LOVE's Avatar
xLuna&1LOVE xLuna&1LOVE is offline
Born To Be... Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NL
Posts: 9,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
I dunno, he was typing awfully coherently for someone who was supposedly drunk. I think he's trying to cover his butt. I'm not even mad at what he said in the first place, I just don't believe him.
Do not fear: you are not alone. Those are my thoughts exactly.
__________________

  #4  
Old 1st March 2012, 07:44 AM
emi♡ emi♡ is offline
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: ☆ california ☆
Posts: 17,063
Like it's a good excuse anyway
__________________

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu ❤




  #5  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:13 AM
everlastingRAINBOW's Avatar
everlastingRAINBOW everlastingRAINBOW is offline
ourselves Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: ♔ In Queen Namie's Lair ♚
Posts: 4,775
The title really need to be changed to "Drama Queen" because the fans, Ayu, and Timmy are all really emotional right now apparently
  #6  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:20 AM
Mirrorcle Monster's Avatar
Mirrorcle Monster Mirrorcle Monster is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Spain
Posts: 4,365
So, will we have only 4 PVs or more??
__________________
  #7  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:25 AM
happiholic★'s Avatar
happiholic★ happiholic★ is offline
fairyland Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 8,287
I don't need to wait for the full album to be released to know that I don't like her hair on the covers. Concepts, well executed or not, put aside, her hair looks like she used too much hair gel or something. And why is she holding a shoe in one of the shots? Its just small details like that lead me to not love the covers.
__________________

❤

  #8  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:37 AM
MissElin_'s Avatar
MissElin_ MissElin_ is offline
forgiveness Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Swedish girl living in Nagoya
Posts: 5,015
@happiholic
Lol. I agree. It's feels a tad random the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
If ayu ends up having some kind of secret covers that explain this albums theme then I might like it. But as it is, if you have to explain your concept on twitter, then obviously your concept was not executed well. I don't appreciate Timmy's post either. It's not the fans fault they can't see it when there is basically nothing in the photos themselves to support it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I actually don't think fans' opinions should factor into artists' work. It just varies way too much from person to person and it doesn't seem right in my opinion for any artist to not follow their gut just because some fans don't feel the same way. At the end of the day as a fan, you're going to like what you like and dislike what you dislike. Ayu probably listens to and internalizes most criticism handed to her, but I doubt that she ever changes her mind because of it.

I do wonder what caused Timmy to explode like that though... what did he read and where did he go to see the comments?
Although I get what you mean I think that fans shouldn't be underestimated. There are alot of great ideas within them. Just look at all the fake covers people make in here. They very often have great concepts that are very well executed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
I dunno, he was typing awfully coherently for someone who was supposedly drunk. I think he's trying to cover his butt. I'm not even mad at what he said in the first place, I just don't believe him.


Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
Like it's a good excuse anyway


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
isthisLOL can confirm we pretty much got the sad feeling of the overall release BEFORE she talked about it.
It's not rocket science,
the tracklist pretty much goes from partyish (Party queen) to conforting someone with a bad self-esteem (how beautiful you are).

The thing is... this is an music album, not a photobook, and far worst, according to Ayu, a concept album. If the cover on itself give us everything the lyrics will also do, the overall work will pretty much be redundant and we don't need the music at all.

The concept, the "story" she is trying to tell must come into the music, not on the covers... Even because the overall tone of the release gets a lot more powerful if the covers takes u to one direction and after listening to the music, it makes u look at the cover on the opposite way.

People can like or dislike the covers for whatever the reason they do, still, I do believe we should wait and take a look on the whole thing before judging if it's worked or didn't work at all.

I also hopes there isn't another cover... If some people can figure out what is the album talking about just looking at the cover and the tracklist, the concept is well executed enough... no needing to so obvious.
It's great for you guys (and some other guys) who got the sad idea without having Ayu explain it. Really lovely for you. I applaud you.

But as you might have noticed alot of people really didn't get that idea from the beginning. And some people (inkluding me) still finds it hard to see that sadness since - to them - the idea is poorly executed. Does that make us more stupid than you guys? Since there is so many people thinking like this, maybe there is some truth behind it? That maybe the idea don't come across as obvious to everyone as it did for you. Hell, not even the marjority saw that.

Now people respect the covers more since Ayu explained them but as Sunshineslayer said - the execution failed a bit leading to alot of people who didn't understand her initial thoughts and concept.

Also, I will never understand that sad/caged/party queen in the CD+DVD+DVD cover. I really can't. And the other two covers are just random and loopy.
__________________

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.

Last edited by MissElin_; 1st March 2012 at 08:39 AM.
  #9  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:28 AM
everlastingRAINBOW's Avatar
everlastingRAINBOW everlastingRAINBOW is offline
ourselves Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: ♔ In Queen Namie's Lair ♚
Posts: 4,775
I just need something a bit less trashy. They're not terrible, I just wish for something a little more classy and whimsical. Love Songs was kind of boring, and these are too extreme. I need a nice, safe middle xD
  #10  
Old 1st March 2012, 09:02 AM
C+R+E+AYUMI's Avatar
C+R+E+AYUMI C+R+E+AYUMI is offline
fairyland Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: ITALY
Posts: 8,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlastingRAINBOW View Post
I just need something a bit less trashy. They're not terrible, I just wish for something a little more classy and whimsical. Love Songs was kind of boring, and these are too extreme. I need a nice, safe middle xD
agree..I could have been expecting all but not a cover with a 33 years old ayu in lingerie.
I don't mean she's old, she's still young and sexy with a 33 years old consciousness,so I don't see any need to get naked...What's next?

P.S: I've never noticed her breast was so prominent..congrats!!
__________________

~thanks pepper for the set~
  #11  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:30 AM
ExodusUK's Avatar
ExodusUK ExodusUK is offline
No way to say Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Happy fluffy AHS rainbow land
Posts: 5,234
lol i can't at people being all "there is so much sexism in the world and someone like ayu goes and does a shoot like this". Ayu has been what people would consider "trashy" all the way since the loveppears shoot when she had her titties hanging out, not to mention the unite! cover, the duty cover, rainbow cover, sparkle pv, my story covers are pretty trashy too, etc. You can't put Ayu just in one box..
  #12  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:31 AM
everlastingRAINBOW's Avatar
everlastingRAINBOW everlastingRAINBOW is offline
ourselves Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: ♔ In Queen Namie's Lair ♚
Posts: 4,775
The Rainbow cover trashy? Girl, you're smoking some good crack!

Rainbow is calm, demure, and peaceful, and this looks like Ayu got crunk and ripped a hotel apart. And all of a sudden the Hotel Love Songs theme makes sense...

Last edited by everlastingRAINBOW; 1st March 2012 at 08:34 AM.
  #13  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:33 AM
ExodusUK's Avatar
ExodusUK ExodusUK is offline
No way to say Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Happy fluffy AHS rainbow land
Posts: 5,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlastingRAINBOW View Post
The Rainbow cover trashy? Girl, you're smoking some good crack!
She's naked on the cover...I mean maybe not trashy but it is kinda tacky...looking back now. Ayu hasn't exactly been a nun up to this point.

Ayu could be like a nun..Ayu could be having fun..in order to upset AHSSSS...
  #14  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:35 AM
everlastingRAINBOW's Avatar
everlastingRAINBOW everlastingRAINBOW is offline
ourselves Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: ♔ In Queen Namie's Lair ♚
Posts: 4,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Ayu could be like a nun..Ayu could be having fun..in order to upset AHSSSS...


I do feel she is trolling us though. Her devout foreign fans are always super opinionated!
  #15  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:39 AM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
She's naked on the cover...I mean maybe not trashy but it is kinda tacky...looking back now. Ayu hasn't exactly been a nun up to this point.

Ayu could be like a nun..Ayu could be having fun..in order to upset AHSSSS...
I would love RAINBOW's cover if it wasn't for Ayu's scared pufferfish expression


Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
It's great for you guys (and some other guys) who got the sad idea without having Ayu explain it. Really lovely for you. I applaud you.

But as you might have noticed alot of people really didn't get that idea from the beginning. And some people (inkluding me) still finds it hard to see that sadness since - to them - the idea is poorly executed. Does that make us more stupid than you guys? Since there is so many people thinking like this, maybe there is some truth behind it? That maybe the idea don't come across as obvious to everyone as it did for you. Hell, not even the marjority saw that.

Now people respect the covers more since Ayu explained them but as Sunshineslayer said - the execution failed a bit leading to alot of people who didn't understand her initial thoughts and concept.

Also, I will never understand that sad/caged/party queen in the CD+DVD+DVD cover. I really can't. And the other two covers are just random and loopy.
No need for all this sarcasm darling, I'm not calling u dumb (you don't know, you don't know, how beautiful you are ). I'm just saying people are expecting the whole concept to be exposed on the cover, and ignoring this is a music album, so, the music has a bigger role on the execution of the project that the cover or any other photo ever will...
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)


Last edited by Andrenekoi; 1st March 2012 at 08:42 AM.
  #16  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:42 AM
everlastingRAINBOW's Avatar
everlastingRAINBOW everlastingRAINBOW is offline
ourselves Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: ♔ In Queen Namie's Lair ♚
Posts: 4,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I would love RAINBOW's cover if it wasn't for Ayu's scared pufferfish expression
I bet it's because she's lonely xD





Anyway, I know somewhere down the road she'll release worse covers. And we'll all think back to Party Queen and realize the covers weren't so bad . I am really excited for this album, if she delivers at least one epic rock song (my guess is "Return Road") I'll be happy! I want something like "Microphone" <3
  #17  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:46 AM
Earth_maiden's Avatar
Earth_maiden Earth_maiden is offline
MY STORY Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 7,767
I want to know what a certain devout troll thinks of the covers and if he'll start praying for her anew...
__________________
AHS married to Gomi 13/01/11
Attended:

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
  #18  
Old 2nd March 2012, 04:55 PM
Lady~Deviance's Avatar
Lady~Deviance Lady~Deviance is offline
ever free Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Urban Wonderland
Posts: 1,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
With no actual proof it's kinda hard to believe a word you're saying... I usually find that Japanese people who don't listen to her/not like her don't really want to talk about her, as far as the people on the internet go...they bash just about everything and it doesn't matter as they are never the ones buying her albums.
*facepalm* I'm just sharing my findings from my friends/co-workers who are Japanese. I don't see the harm in that. And for the record there are Japanese people (once again according to my co-workers ) who don't favor a certain Japanese celebrity and still bash them whenever their name comes up in the media because they have nothing better to do. Just because you don't witness it does not mean it does not happen. [insert-commonsense]

I work in NY and I have a few Japanese co-workers who are fans of ayu and occasionally they go on Japanese news sites, blogs, and forums and they share bits of info with us in the office who are interested about various topics relating to Japan. And when Ayu's covers came out, according to them many fans were up in arms and we casually discussed the topic of sexual imagery during our lunch break. I've never been a huge follower of ayu so I was not overly shocked when I saw the covers but just hearing my Japanese co-workers translate some of the responses from folks back in Japan made me and a few others chuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth_maiden View Post
I want to know what a certain devout troll thinks of the covers and if he'll start praying for her anew...
I died.
__________________


Last edited by Lady~Deviance; 2nd March 2012 at 05:04 PM.
  #19  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:49 AM
MissElin_'s Avatar
MissElin_ MissElin_ is offline
forgiveness Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Swedish girl living in Nagoya
Posts: 5,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
No need for all this sarcasm darling, I'm not calling u dumb (you don't know, you don't know, how beautiful you are ). I'm just saying people are expecting the whole concept to be exposed on the cover, and ignoring this is a music album, so, the music has a bigger role on the execution of the project that the cover or any other photo ever will...
No you didn't call me that, but I was wondering since you wrote out very clearly that isthisLOL can comfirm that you guysgot the whole idea before Ayu even said something on twitter. You also added the whole rocket sience thingy that just made your statement look like "OMG we got it and YOU didn't?! It's not hard AT ALL to understand."

And yes I get what you say about the music and all. But really. The thing I was talking about was the covers only and why I don't enjoy them as you do. I don't have any music to compare the whole album with. My main statement was not "I don't like the covers, they are crappy and empty and doesn't say anything". My statement was more like "when so many people don't get the idea before Ayu need to tell us on twitter what she meant, maybe it's not just fans going crazy and stupid, maybe it is because of the simple reason - the executuion failed." I'm not saying that you should agree with me or whatever. I'm just saying that I think it might be some truth behind people not getting the covers concept. (At least for the moment until they hear the songs).
__________________

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
  #20  
Old 1st March 2012, 08:52 AM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
No you didn't call me that, but I was wondering since you wrote out very clearly that isthisLOL can comfirm that you guysgot the whole idea before Ayu even said something on twitter. You also added the whole rocket sience thingy that just made your statement look like "OMG we got it and YOU didn't?! It's not hard AT ALL to understand."
Actually, it was to go more on the lines of "I'm not making it up to look smart, I was talking with someone who can confirm this"

But sorry for making u feel dumb anyway
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, how beautiful you are, party queen, taskebab


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.