[Koda Kumi] The 186th Thread - 60th brand new single on the way - Page 24 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th January 2017, 01:05 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Hm?
I don't know, what you're reading there in my post?
Maybe I took some wrong phrases.
Cause I'm not personally offended and I also never said that. I just want people here to look out how they discuss something. As I really appreciate a nice discussion about anything, liking and not liking. So yes, I'd have liked to hear from Zeke, why he thinks that.Even though I prefer it without swearing as it's just not necessary. And no, there won't be a big problem, when Zeke or anybody else posts is strong language, even if I don't like it.
Actually it doesn't really affect me long after I've read it. It's just a forum.
But yes, it took some time to get to that point for me.

(And btw. calling Kuu a queen or going over how awesome she is an so on in an exaggerated way is also something I don't fancy that much, if we're at it
)
You said in the part I quoted that you're a pretty emotional person and have been offended in the past, and asked that someone be sensitive to other people who aren't friends (meaning people who aren't used to the way Zeke words things). Whether I read that wrong or it was worded poorly, it read extremely self-centered and fragile. You don't come off like the type of person that expects everyone to think of you before they share an opinion, so that's why that whole quote caught me by surprise. And I don't want to see the people on AHS who are over-sensitive and self-centered feel encouraged to gang up on Zeke or anyone else, as they frequently do, because they feel entitled to decide how opinions are shared. I've shrunk back so much from sharing my thoughts on AHS, and so many people have left AHS altogether, because of this hypersensitive nonsense.

Sure, it's rude to call Koda's music complete shit. But it's still an opinion that has nothing to do with you, or me, or anyone who feels otherwise. So, even if it's derogatory, or uses language you don't feel is necessary, it's not a statement targeting you or anyone. It's just an opinion, expressed with whatever emotions Zeke or whoever else has at the moment. I could agree if someone posted about Koda being a whore or a slut or making other personal attacks, but I'm so exhausted with the circle jerk of people who think the world has to be sensitive to their feelings. It doesn't. It's not going to be, either online or offline.

As long as we're on the same page with that, I'm fine. I just think it's ridiculous to see the outrage over an opinion people don't like. It's so infantile, so childish, and just damn immature. And we're all adults! That's the worst aspect of this whole shebang!

-> <-
Old 5th January 2017, 02:29 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Random misc question:
Does anyone know a site/forum/whatever where I can watch or download KK PVs? I'd been using jpopSuki but it's been down
Old 5th January 2017, 02:41 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegetaLove View Post
Random misc question:
Does anyone know a site/forum/whatever where I can watch or download KK PVs? I'd been using jpopSuki but it's been down
What do you mean JPS is down? It's been working perfectly for me
Old 5th January 2017, 03:57 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegetaLove View Post
Random misc question:
If someone has access, we should get a complete PV thread in Downloads for Koda. Ayu's has been a godsend at times, and there are way too many Koda PVs I just want to revisit every now and then.

-> <-
Old 5th January 2017, 06:08 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumis View Post
What do you mean JPS is down? It's been working perfectly for me
I mean jpopsuki.tv
Old 5th January 2017, 09:57 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

@oribalaspect:
Oh no, I wanted to say, that I was offensive myself with strong emotions towards other artists and fans in the past, not that I was offended!
So yeah, I do agree with you not being too sensitive, but in both ways. That's why I think handling others with respect, artists and fans, is always the best way to avoid such things.
And not losing even more fans to that, I agree.

@sora-kara:
From the top of my head I only remember that one Kohaku performance with Suki de and Lollipop, I think, where her dress got stuck in between and Kuu got dragged with it.
But I feel like I remember an incident with her earrings at one of her tours? Hm...

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 5th January 2017, 10:04 AM
Initiate

She had problems with her earrings two times already. The performance of Amai Wana at Music Station and during FANTASIA's ballad section.
Old 5th January 2017, 10:12 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Ah, yeah, FANTASIA was the one I was thinking of.
But her ear-piece - actually, doesn't Kuu always takes them out in between? There are certain ballads, where it seems she doesn't need them.
I only remember Ayu once getting annoyed with an ear-piece, so she took it out in the middle of a song. But can't remember which one.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 5th January 2017, 10:43 AM
Initiate

Only for her upbeat songs she uses both of the earpieces, for her ballads she usually goes just with the right one on. In some concerts they even hide the left earpiece in her dress (The Artist's ballad section).

The only time that I remember her being annoyed by something was at COSMO earth with her microphone not working, but it was pretty cute.
Old 6th January 2017, 12:54 PM
Initiate

Sorry for the double post, but she's still recording a PV, so the album is probably almost done. At least the tracklist must be done already.

Credits: Koda Kumi France.
Old 6th January 2017, 01:10 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Is this a 2nd PV or pictures from the one we heard about last month?
Excited!

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 6th January 2017, 03:29 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

It's from the one last month, it's from the international Koda Gumi.

They also just posted this:

Kuu is picking songs for performing live this year.
Guess those are the results of one of the questions of the tour questionnaire last year ( there's one you can fill out at every tour of hers).
The question is: What song did you want to see at this years live?
Guess No.3 is HOTEL.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 6th January 2017, 05:06 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
@sora-kara I don't remember this performance, do you have an idea of in what year it was? For some ballads she does take the ear piece off, but it's usually for shows like MUSIC FAIR and others that have the speakers in front of her.
Ahhh, I can't remember what year it was at all. I thought it was a ballad, but I'm questioning myself about it...
Useless recollection of mine!

Quote:
@sora-kara:
From the top of my head I only remember that one Kohaku performance with Suki de and Lollipop, I think, where her dress got stuck in between and Kuu got dragged with it.
But I feel like I remember an incident with her earrings at one of her tours? Hm...
Hahaha that dress malfunction was great though! She's such a pro when she's on stage!
I've never noticed her having other wardrobe issues. What happened with her earrings?

Her not using both ear pieces during ballads isn't something I've ever taken note of.
Did she ever use both for them? If there was a time that changed, maybe we could pinpoint the year of the performance I'm talking about.
Old 6th January 2017, 05:51 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Is there any video or gif from that moment? I remember watching it and being amazed at how she managed the situation so well
Old 6th January 2017, 09:26 PM
Initiate

^ Here (after 01:50) http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2a...lollipop_music
Old 6th January 2017, 09:55 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
It's from the one last month, it's from the international Koda Gumi.

They also just posted this:

Kuu is picking songs for performing live this year.
Guess those are the results of one of the questions of the tour questionnaire last year ( there's one you can fill out at every tour of hers).
The question is: What song did you want to see at this years live?
Guess No.3 is HOTEL.
or feel? and 4 is Hashire?
Old 7th January 2017, 12:35 AM
rainy day Initiate

Here we go.

I can understand the frustration behind stating your opinion but not providing the thought process that got you to that point. I'm the same way when it comes to praise; it's not enough for me to hear someone say they like something - Hell it's not enough for me to even accept that fact that I myself like something, I always run somewhat of an analysis on every aspect of a track when it makes a positive impact on me, and reference those details when marveling over it in public forum or real-life discussion.

However, I don't derive as much satisfaction over detailing everything about a track that I dislike, because it's usually for rather simple reasons (whereas my reasons for liking something I feel are often-times complex). Diving into the reasons why a track is good is much more fun because I always feel like I am trying to point out the things that I've discovered in a piece, helping to give recognition to what might otherwise go unnoticed. In that sense, I feel you can ease someone into liking a track, almost like opening the veil hanging over their eyes that prevents them from "seeing" the song clearly (I'm especially pushy in this way when it comes to tracks i used to hate, because there have been tracks I have despised in the past, or felt had little to offer, but upon "seeing" portions of the track I never saw before, I come to enjoy it, and often feel if I can reveal those portions to others, they will come to like it too.) On the flip side, no matter what I "point out" about a track someone else likes that I despise, they will never come to suddenly dislike it for the very same reasons. So I tend to compress all my hate for it into a short and decisive statement.
Quote:
I'd have liked to hear from Zeke, why he thinks that.
As for my reasons why I feel so disappointed in her music since ages, ahtka-chan pretty much said it all:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan
She had different songs from what we used to listen back then in the radio . . .

Now, the impression I have is that she buys demos in a bulk from whatever western producer . . .

If I want to listen to the types of songs she releases now, I can turn on my radio and hear any Calvin Harris, Rihanna or Ariana Grande track . . .
I'll go one step further and add that the type of music Kumi seemed to excel at in the past (R&B, urban, etc.) was the type of music I completely loathed in America. Despite it being all over the airwaves at the time, I could stomach the stuff Kumi released; it was different - not merely a copycat of what I was being bombarded with over my home-country's radiowaves, so in that sense it felt very fresh to me. Then she started releasing energetic-dance songs, which I have had a love for since early childhood, and of course I felt drawn to those tracks as well. On top of that, I love her cutesy songs - for me, these "happy-go-lucky" tracks, when released by Kumi, were better than any other J-pop artist's attempts at tackling similar songs. She really had it all for me.

Now, as mentioned, her tracks are just very poor renditions of what's heard on American mainstream radio, which I really have a strong disliking for. So really, her stuff is worse than the stuff I already hate.
Old 7th January 2017, 06:23 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

She's trying hideous hairstyles lately, it hurts D': I just hope this new album has a determined concept like the ones she used to release till Bon Voyage. And I demand more of the pop—fun—kawaii songs, I really miss those!

IG | YT | PR

Old 7th January 2017, 07:36 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Here we go.

I can understand the frustration behind stating your opinion but not providing the thought process that got you to that point. I'm the same way when it comes to praise; it's not enough for me to hear someone say they like something - Hell it's not enough for me to even accept that fact that I myself like something, I always run somewhat of an analysis on every aspect of a track when it makes a positive impact on me, and reference those details when marveling over it in public forum or real-life discussion.

However, I don't derive as much satisfaction over detailing everything about a track that I dislike, because it's usually for rather simple reasons (whereas my reasons for liking something I feel are often-times complex). Diving into the reasons why a track is good is much more fun because I always feel like I am trying to point out the things that I've discovered in a piece, helping to give recognition to what might otherwise go unnoticed. In that sense, I feel you can ease someone into liking a track, almost like opening the veil hanging over their eyes that prevents them from "seeing" the song clearly (I'm especially pushy in this way when it comes to tracks i used to hate, because there have been tracks I have despised in the past, or felt had little to offer, but upon "seeing" portions of the track I never saw before, I come to enjoy it, and often feel if I can reveal those portions to others, they will come to like it too.) On the flip side, no matter what I "point out" about a track someone else likes that I despise, they will never come to suddenly dislike it for the very same reasons. So I tend to compress all my hate for it into a short and decisive statement.

As for my reasons why I feel so disappointed in her music since ages, ahtka-chan pretty much said it all:

I'll go one step further and add that the type of music Kumi seemed to excel at in the past (R&B, urban, etc.) was the type of music I completely loathed in America. Despite it being all over the airwaves at the time, I could stomach the stuff Kumi released; it was different - not merely a copycat of what I was being bombarded with over my home-country's radiowaves, so in that sense it felt very fresh to me. Then she started releasing energetic-dance songs, which I have had a love for since early childhood, and of course I felt drawn to those tracks as well. On top of that, I love her cutesy songs - for me, these "happy-go-lucky" tracks, when released by Kumi, were better than any other J-pop artist's attempts at tackling similar songs. She really had it all for me.

Now, as mentioned, her tracks are just very poor renditions of what's heard on American mainstream radio, which I really have a strong disliking for. So really, her stuff is worse than the stuff I already hate.
Ah, alright, so you're unlucky she got more urban again in the past years. Which is interesting, as I can't imagine songs like DITR or WOML or even HOTEL being played in the radio here. But I'm from Germany and even though we are influenced by the american market, we also have British and German pop, electronic music and rock bands making big impact.
Besides I don't listen frequently to the radio and so I'm pretty slow with adapting new music trends here, so most of the time I don't even know that well, what's mainstream here. Which definitely is an advantage over you guys, when I hear that's your problem with some music.
But I think it's funny - some say Kuu got too western mainstream with electronic dance songs, some say she's too mainstream with urban. She's a pop artist, she is a mainstream artist. She always was a western influneced artist, she herself loves urban the most. And that's also a personal preference for her fans, what they like most from her as she's so versatile.
But thanks for answering, Zeke!

@thinkingoutloud89:
It's stylized as feel, so probably no.
And no. 4 most probably is Lado Go! as it's so popular. She likely didn't perform it last year as it's not an a-side on Moon. But not surprised people wanted to see it.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 7th January 2017 at 06:15 PM.
Old 7th January 2017, 10:57 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^ah forgot about Lady Go! you're right
Closed Thread

Tags
hottest asian artist, koda kumi, queen of live