new album "A ONE" 2015.04.08 in stores III - Page 26 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 27th March 2015, 10:34 PM
GAME Initiate

I need them all in my life tbh. Out of all the previews, I was actually least excited for The GIFT and WARNING.
Old 27th March 2015, 10:51 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I didn't think LOVE again was that bad. I usually don't care for ballads as much as up beat songs but all my favorites were ballads: sweet scar, melody, untitled 2, are perfection, Gloria is good, even Ivy grew on me.
Old 27th March 2015, 11:09 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

LOVE again is one of my favourites albums, the problem was the idea of the mini-albums as singles and you know the rest of the drama.

TWICE

Old 28th March 2015, 12:07 AM

LOVE again has many great songs and I listen to them separately a lot. But as an album LOVE again is boring as fuck.

Actually I was damn fucking pissed about the whole LOVE/again/LOVE again thing. But now I understand why Ayu released the two as mini-albums and not as singles. For over a decade Ayu had to release #1 single over #1 single. A lot of Japanese artists have to secure their #1 strikes no matter what. Simply because their fans go crazy over it. For a lot of fans those #1 strikes "prove" that their favourite artist/band is special and relevant, even though a #1 strike has most of the time little to do with being special or relevant.
That's why Ayu decided to not release any singles after L. She was most likely tired of proving her fans and the public how "relevant" she is just because by losing her #1 strike people would go nuts over it. I mean, people actually were going crazy just because GUILTY and Party Queen got #2.
So when she released LOVE and again I think avex wasn't ready to let her #1 strike go. I think Ayu wanted the 5 releases project and avex was like "well, but only if those aren't singles but mini-albums - 'cos of that #1 thing you know?".
Ayu started to release singles again the moment it did not matter anymore if the will hit #1 or not.
It wasn't a smart marketing move to release those as mini-albums and avex would have been cleverer by just letting her #1 go already one year before.
But I totally understand why Ayu didn't wanted this whole #1 thing anymore. And I respect and applaud her for releasing music just for the sake of releasing music and not for a #1 in the charts.
Old 28th March 2015, 12:55 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

^ you mean 'streak' :p

I preordered the album finally and I'm excited to open it up and see what the special thing is.
Old 28th March 2015, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
^ you mean 'streak' :p

I preordered the album finally and I'm excited to open it up and see what the special thing is.
LOL Oh God yes... xD I just came from a birthday party and we were out for bowling... lol xD
Old 28th March 2015, 01:16 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

^ I was actually gonna ask if you were thinking of bowling LOL
Old 28th March 2015, 02:15 AM

^Original purpose of my post was to say that Ayu is the one and only true bowling queen!
Old 28th March 2015, 03:49 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I didn't really understand why the mini album debacle was such a big deal. If you wanted it to be a single you literally could have just treated it as such. I often forget they're mini albums.
Old 28th March 2015, 04:34 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I didn't really understand why the mini album debacle was such a big deal. If you wanted it to be a single you literally could have just treated it as such. I often forget they're mini albums.
well, because people thought mini albums were standalone releases and they went to buy it, thinking it was special as part of the 5-month-release 15th Anniversary project...and it turns out, all the songs were put together for the final piece, LOVE again. So those who don't even buy singles kinda...wasted their money.
Old 28th March 2015, 04:50 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Well, people DID call that as soon as LOVE came out along with the 5 release campaign.
Old 28th March 2015, 05:27 AM
BEST Initiate

Yeah, it was structured like a triple-A side with instrumentals, it was clearly a single, and there was a lot of criticism around that.

Given there was only 3 new songs, many of us didn't think it would be standalone.

I think a huge misstep was calling the album LOVE again. It just came off as lazy, and so fans were in that mindset for whole release.
Old 28th March 2015, 01:07 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Every knew that those were singles and not actual mini-albums, I wasn't really surprised with the whole scheme tbh. It's all about the ca$$$$$h in the end.

A ONE is pretty great but I would love if she would release an album like Britney's "Blackout" now that will be very interesting lol
Old 28th March 2015, 02:41 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
I think a huge misstep was calling the album LOVE again. It just came off as lazy, and so fans were in that mindset for whole release.
Yep. One of the laziest things in history of mankind.
Old 28th March 2015, 03:59 PM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
well, because people thought mini albums were standalone releases and they went to buy it, thinking it was special as part of the 5-month-release 15th Anniversary project...and it turns out, all the songs were put together for the final piece, LOVE again. So those who don't even buy singles kinda...wasted their money.
lol were people honestly expecting the album to not contain the songs from the "mini-albums"?? All the songs from the "mini-albums" literally include (Original mix), she only does that for her singles.
Old 28th March 2015, 04:53 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantatu2 View Post
LOVE again is one of my favourites albums, the problem was the idea of the mini-albums as singles and you know the rest of the drama.
Totally agree with you. It's the same Koda Kumi did with her 12 Single thing...this only took more time. LOVE again is a great Album and have many wonderful songs like petal but the singles before...
Old 28th March 2015, 05:04 PM
Daybreak Guardian

^ Yes, but since they were labeled as "mini-albums" people thought they'd have at least one exclusive thing, one track that wouldn't be on the album later so it would be worth buying. Come on, she even included You & Me from A SUMMER BEST. That's embarrassing.
Old 28th March 2015, 05:12 PM
winding road H-Initiate

I consider LOVE and again as singles as well, it's a shame they were released as mini-albums.

But I like LOVE again as an album (putting the whole issue of compiling the two "mini-albums" aside). Individually I like all songs in the album, but it's true that the album as a whole may not sound much exciting. I still like it though, but I don't usually feel like listening to it as a whole, I listen to the songs individually when I feel like it.

Old 28th March 2015, 06:05 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

CDTV promotion
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

17secs

I checked Duty CDTV promotion and they gave her 3 minutes and an interview included

Avex it's not paying enough...

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 28th March 2015, 06:13 PM
rainy day Initiate

Didn't the rules change and it would have charted as an album anyway? But they could have vary well added all those extra tracks in order to make sure it's chart as a mini and not a single. Lol.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a one