Secret ALBUM: Discussion - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 27th November 2006, 12:11 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

In Ayu's interview, it was not all talk when she said it would be a big album
I am really glad ! So many good songs, I didn't expect so much.I also appreciate new sounds she produced in this album (UNTIL THAT DAY ..., kiss o' kill)

I don't know if I should order right now or wait 1 month to get it in Japan (it is 10€ more expensive by Yesasia but I get a poster, what should I do?)
Old 27th November 2006, 12:18 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I really don't think even Ayu was expecting to create an album of this calibur O_O
Old 27th November 2006, 12:25 AM
TO BE Initiate

I liked this album a lot to begin with, but now I think I like it even more than I had initially, and I might venture as far as to say it's my second favourite Ayu album ever, over 'I am...' (nothing can really touch Duty for me). If this is her rock album, I want a dance pop album next!
Old 27th November 2006, 12:31 AM

I also am declaring this album as my 2nd favourite album after RAINBOW. There's not a SINGLE track I would skip. Every song is unique, different, loud, and energetic. I don't know what else to say. kiss o' kill is officially my favourite ayu song as of now. I love it. It's different not to metion the unique title. The Secret booklet is very gorgeous and glamorous. I really can't find a single problem with this album.
Old 27th November 2006, 12:42 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Competition is getting tuff... she needs to produce great material to stay two steps ahead of the pack and she's certainly doing that. Secret is a masterpiece. Every song is pure bliss.

Last edited by ..:Hot:Like:Wow:..; 27th November 2006 at 12:57 AM.
Old 27th November 2006, 01:00 AM
Startin' Protector

I justfinished listening to it once and now am listening to it again. Which is more than I could've said for mu.

I just love the dark/aggressive attitude of this album. And until that Day... is officially one of my top 5 favorite Ayu songs, and may become my favorite depending on the lyrics.

The flow of this album is probably her best since I am..., and maybe even better. The instrumentals do an excellent job of going from one section to the next.

The only thing I don't like is the three Bs together. But I don't know what else could've been done. I may be prone to skipping BF and BB in the future, but it would be rare.

Overall, this album is grand. It's probalby my third favorite after I am.. and LOVEppears.
Old 27th November 2006, 01:13 AM
July 1st Initiate

The album is excellent! Though I have complaints (as with the others) of putting Born To Be ..., Beautiful Fighters and BLUE BIRD together. I think both Born To Be ... and Beautiful Fighters are great songs (Beautiful Fighters is a good poppy song, I don't see why it's not good! At least it beats BLUE BIRD, urgh, lacklustre summer song) but Beautiful Fighters doesn't seem to flow very well. They could have invested in making another instrumental or a song to make a better transition.

Still, I like the single tracks better now that they've been placed in the album. They still do flow except probably when they crammed the 3 single tracks together. A bit awkward but still works.

Last edited by ruixiong89; 27th November 2006 at 01:57 AM.
Old 27th November 2006, 01:14 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Well, I did have a weird feeling after I finished listening to the album. I adore all the new tracks and I love the single tracks as well. However, even though we get 7 new songs + 3 interludes, I had the feeling the album had very few tracks. It's weird, once I finished listening to it, I was like, wow I've already finished it, there are no more new tracks to listen to? I had completely differnt feelings with both (miss)understood and MY STORY. I guess it's because the previous had more "genre" variety, since Secret seems to focus more on songs loaded with guitar sounds. Not mentioning this is a negative point though, it's just that songs in Secret seems to flow more in a certain pattern while the other 2 albums seemed to flow in graduation. That said, I don't really critize the existance of the 3 Bs (BTB, BB and BF). I think a bit of cheery pop adds a little more variety to the album.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 27th November 2006, 01:21 AM
Banned

THIS ALBUM ROCKS!!!

BLUE BIRD/Beautiful Fighters should've been kicked off for new material. They belong with (miss)understood
Old 27th November 2006, 01:26 AM
Initiate

Amazing. Love it to bits.

I love the rock-esque feel to the album's tracks...

And with everyone else, the three deadly Bs should have been kicked off this wonderful album. They are a sin!

And as someone mentioned earlier, album tracks > all single tracks on album. All the album tracks should have been singles, and singles should have been album tracks.

Old 27th November 2006, 02:01 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
Well, I did have a weird feeling after I finished listening to the album. I adore all the new tracks and I love the single tracks as well. However, even though we get 7 new songs + 3 interludes, I had the feeling the album had very few tracks. It's weird, once I finished listening to it, I was like, wow I've already finished it, there are no more new tracks to listen to? I had completely differnt feelings with both (miss)understood and MY STORY. I guess it's because the previous had more "genre" variety, since Secret seems to focus more on songs loaded with guitar sounds. Not mentioning this is a negative point though, it's just that songs in Secret seems to flow more in a certain pattern while the other 2 albums seemed to flow in graduation.
I echo your sentiments as well. I think it's due to the lack of genres that probably made this album seem "less" but I have to reckon they were fantastic songs. I just didn't feel that I went a lot of places unlike with (miss) understood which had a whole lot of variety and genre.

Still I like Secret! It's marvellous and I really like the rockish sound infused in there.
Old 27th November 2006, 02:08 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

i like it very much ESPECIALLY "IT WAS" damn the best song ever !!!
i like 1 LOVE too it has rock n roll feelin
i can't wait to have this album
Old 27th November 2006, 02:16 AM
from your letter Initiate

The album is awesome, but I think the reason people dislike Beautiful Fighters is because of the arrangement. The song actually has a nice melody, it's just the little computerized bits that annoy me. If this song had a different arrangement, I think it would sound a lot better.
Old 27th November 2006, 02:45 AM
End of the World Initiate

I can't stand Born to Be and Beautiful Fighters but overall, this album is amazing! Until that day is the greatest song ever! <3

[Facebook!]~[Blogspot!]

Old 27th November 2006, 02:53 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruixiong89 View Post
I echo your sentiments as well. I think it's due to the lack of genres that probably made this album seem "less" but I have to reckon they were fantastic songs. I just didn't feel that I went a lot of places unlike with (miss) understood which had a whole lot of variety and genre.

Still I like Secret! It's marvellous and I really like the rockish sound infused in there.
Yeah, I don't really see that as a problem and i really really LOVE this album, it's just that I couldn't help but have that feeling.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 27th November 2006, 03:46 AM
walking proud Initiate

Ok, now that I've fully listened to the album twice, here are my track by track reviews:

Not Yet: Love how this starts out kinda dark sounding and then turns rock - one of my fave Ayu openings. 9.5/10

Until that Day: This and Not yet flow together soooo well, if you didn't know that they were separate tracks, you could have thought that all of this was still Not Yet. Love the mix of Rock and Electronica - love the way it starts out kinda normal paced for the vocals but then goes all crazy. 10/10

Startin' - I always liked Startin' to begin with - definitely my fave of the singles this year but still not quite an all time fave. 9.3/10

1 LOVE - Best track on the album for me. Nuff' said. Rock really does seem to be her best genre I think. Also it's one of the cases where I like the little bit of English that she uses - it fits. 10/10

It Was - I like it, but sounds just a bit bland. More of a typical sounding alt rock kinda track, not as experimental as the ones before it. 8.2/10

LABYRINTH - Really nice interlude that flows well into Jewel. 9.8/10

Jewel - One of my favorite Ayu ballads in a while. I definitely prefer it to last years Heaven. 9.5/10

Momentum - With a title like that, I was hoping it'd be a bit better. To me it sounds like Blue Bird Winter style. Still like it, just not really feeling the total love, though the PV looks like it'll be great. 8.5/10

taskinst - Ohhh ohhhhhh one of my favorite Ayu interludes EVER! Love the soft yet slightly sinister melody that then breaks into the full on guitar assault. Yay! Although it doesn't exactly transition well into BTB, I don't care.10/10

Born to Be - This song has grown on me a bit since release, but still not a big fave. 8.5/10

Beautiful Fighters
- I've always liked Beautiful Fighters; not quite sure what the problem is with it. 9/10

Blue Bird - always a bit disappointing and bland for me though it has grown on me just a little. 8.5/10

kiss o' kill - I think an interlude would have definitely been in order before this track; doesn't fit well with Blue Bird. Otherwise, I like how this track is really different for Ayu. Very cool song. 9.5/10

Secret - Along w/ It Was and Momentum, I thought this was one of the weaker points of the album. Which is odd cause usually I love the title tracks. Just a bit dull and bland I think. 9/10

Overall rating: 9.3/10

About grouping the 3 B's together - I really don't see how else it could have been done since they don't fit at all with the rest of the album. That's my one complaint - the singles do not fit into the album. I almost wish she would have done the mini-album with those single tracks plus Momentum and Secret and then saved the rest for her next album.

Also, some of these ratings might change slightly once I've seen the lyrics.

Edit: Yep, the lyrics to Secret have bumped it from an 8 to a 9 - they made me get teary eyed.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 27th November 2006 at 06:52 AM.
Old 27th November 2006, 03:59 AM
Daybreak Initiate

I like this album, I put it as her best album next to LOVEppears or (miss) Understood
Old 27th November 2006, 04:31 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
this album is surely my favourite album, i haven't liked most of the album tracks more than the singles in her previous albums, but in this album her album tracks are wonderful

atm i have been listening to this album from 1:30am to 4:00am....wake up at 11:am and listen to the album till 12:00pm, put it on repeat while doing other things till 1:30pm shower at 1:30pm then put on repeat while on AHS .... then leave for work at 2:30 which is now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheruraura View Post
This album is great. I love the new album tracks. Even though some of the new album tracks are better than the others, I still like the other ones a lot. And the strange thing is - I actually like the single tracks now. When you fit them into the big picture of the entire album..they seem a lot better. I can't explain it, but I certainly don't think they're as bad as before, I like them now.
exactly what i thought, i like the single songs more after listening to the album as a whole
Quote:
Originally Posted by asongforXX View Post
So hard not to download.

I'm glad to see many people enjoying the album. None hate it so far!
lol your like in every thread reading ppl's comments, but don't keep a high expectation of the album encase you get disappointed
Old 27th November 2006, 04:34 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Pretty good album. It reminds of Loveappears and Duty because of the energy of the songs. Dance is great and all but I personally prefer more ballads. Jewel is great but I still have to get warmed up to Secret. 8/10 ATM
Old 27th November 2006, 04:57 AM
As if.. Initiate

okay my turn..

not yet - 1 of her best instrumental..flows nicely into the next song

until that day - this song is good n i love the fact that its very fast liek Evolution..but at times it sounded a lil weird to me, as in the transition from verse to chorus is a lil off..

startin' - i like this song since it came out. Great energetic tune to shake with.

1 Love - the best song in this album. love the rocky feelin..n the end of the chorus, i really didnt expect that change of key, its awesome ^^

It was - just an average-nice ayu pop song..nothin innovative bout it..

LABYRINTH - erm i guess its okay n a nice transition to Jewel..

Jewel - one of her most beautiful ballad. when i 1st heard it, not to fond of it n i tot it sounded so mediocre. but after i few listens i started to realize that the simple instrumentation is what makes the song beautiful..

momentum - i was expectin much more from this song. reminds me of M..a good midtempo song but i tot the chorus cud ve been better..dun like the repetitive lines of the chorus..this song cud ve been great with a lil twist..

taskinst - nice intst! love the change fro, calm -> rock!

Born to be.. - i hate this song whenit came out n despised the pv. But after forcin myself to listen to it n after watchin it in AT06, i kinda like it..its very uplifting.

Beautiful fighters - hey i love this song! ok its a lil too poppy but the tunes r really out of this world, exceptional for a pop song.

BLUE BIRD - ive never really liked ayus summer songs. But i prefer this over fairyland n Angel Song.

kiss o' kill - oh god, this song is a killer. its kind alike free & easy..some said there stoo much goin on in this song but yea, it all build up the tension to the chorus especially the last one. 2nd best song of this cd, IMHO.

Secret - seriously when i listen to Denise Ho's version, i went 'what the??' this isnt sumthin ayu wud sing.. n i hated it.. but when i listen to ayus version, it is believable..this song wont catch ur attention on 1st listen, try it a few times n ull be hooked, like i am now.. my 3rd favourite out of the album tracks..

okay heres my general opinion..
1) this is her best effort since I Am..definitely pawns MU and My Story..

2) album tracks are wayyyyy better than single tracks definitely..i think she'd planned this..released the singles which r weaker but still good in the market n then surprise everyone with the superb album tracks..

3) i dont mind the 3Bs..its true that they dont really fit in this album but i love all of them and i think its a good restin moments in the album after bein bombarded with hardrocks. love BF

4) Ballads of this album are superb n exceptional. althou not as good as Heaven IMO ;_) and theres lotsa innovative unique sounding songs, 1Love, until that day, kiss o' kill...eventhou some of the songs sound mediocre to me, like It was and momentum, theyre still very good songs in the market..its just not up to par, according to ayu's standard ;P

Overall, this is a very very STRONG jpop release, and it pawnsss all the albums out there! im very proud of ayu..brilliant. LOVE AYU!