[Utada Hikaru] ٠•●She's Thinking 6 to 9 In Her 27th Thread●•٠ - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th March 2009, 02:10 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheFliesHigher View Post
The lyrics make me want to cry, though. "The sex was so good"? *SHUDDER*
WTF!? When the ***** does she say THAT!?
Old 10th March 2009, 02:14 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Meehhh, nothing is really jumping out at me from these previews, although I really do need to hear full songs before I can form an opinion. The lyrics make me want to cry, though. "The sex was so good"? "If you want a piece of this stuff, you have to give a little"? *SHUDDER*

FYI is all right, but I wish it wasn't about such a stupid topic. BTW: I think the lyric "I don't want to feel no terror" is actually "I don't want a freeloader."

Andrenekoi: you talked about coming to appreciate Exodus after discovering the lyrics were so complex / clever. I was wondering if you could give me some examples? I actually really liked Exodus at first, but not because of the lyrics, so I'm hoping maybe you can open my mind a little.
Well... I just love the irony About You have... it's not particulary genious, but it still a interesting side of her... the same with Easy Breezy, after knowing what she was talking about (this song is meant to be a joke), it got much better. I really like how she compare herself to a prostitute on Hotel Lobby, after all, a popstar career is not all happiness... There are some interesting word plays on The Workout, like the "Far East" thing (making reference to the Far West). TippyToe, Wonder'bout, Kremlin Dusk, Animato are very interesting also, you can read so many things with what she sings... She feeling powerful cause she's having sex with a family man (and making fun of his situation), all the "I don't give a damn about you", but, still she can't stop think about he, can she? And the way she keeps repeating "I don't care about you anymore... with who are you sleeping? Well, doesn't matter, I don't care about you... hm... what are you doing now? But I still don't care" in wonder'bout...

I think it's very nice how she is not describing a situation... she is a character on her songs... and the character is not talking about her life, she is aways talking about what she is doing, what she is seeing, and it's up to you to get what the hell is she talking about and what is she feeling

I think it is complex cause is not the kind of thing you can easily translate, cause if you do so, you lost all the interpretation she song offers... and it's not very easy to write things in that way... It's full of irony, untold feelings, untold situation... But it can sound very plain too if you are not interested in what she is talking about... it's what she talked she likes to do in the end... music with layers...^^

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 10th March 2009, 02:21 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Lol Hikki is just being straightforward in TMMB nothing wrong with that.

Edit: and anyone who has the mp3 link in there post even if it is quoted, should delete it because its against AHS rules to post American music. Beauty4123 and Gubsi you should probably edit your posts.

Sorry for being so uber serious =_=;; I just want people to go out and buy her album!

Hereby, Let it be known.

Thank you so much Ownsarai for this gorgeous set!

Love like never before..

Last edited by Purple Neko; 10th March 2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10th March 2009, 02:34 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

^hun, the people who are going to buy the album will, and the people who arent, arent, they'll find another way to get it, people always do...so it really doesn't matter.

"The sex was so good"

it sounds like...a conversation from girl to girl.

(maybe it's just my conversations lol)

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 10th March 2009, 02:56 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by all.night.raver View Post
WTF!? When the ***** does she say THAT!?
In the "Taking My Money Back" preview.

Thanks for your thoughts, Andrenekoi, Utada has always been very good at telling stories. Though I think you MIGHT be reading a bit too much into some lyrics--like, I doubt Hotel Lobby really has any parallels to being a pop star.

Last edited by SheFliesHigher; 10th March 2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10th March 2009, 03:05 AM
rainy day Initiate

Lol. I guess she really does say that!
I don't really like that lyric... Lmfao.
Old 10th March 2009, 04:59 AM
fairyland Initiate

ouu, i like FYI in full! sounds awesome.
i like it better than Come Back To Me.

ごめんNOT TAKING GFX REQUESTS.
{ T W I T T E R T U M B L R }
l l M O M E N T S l l × G O T

Old 10th March 2009, 05:00 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:

Thanks for your thoughts, Andrenekoi, Utada has always been very good at telling stories. Though I think you MIGHT be reading a bit too much into some lyrics--like, I doubt Hotel Lobby really has any parallels to being a pop star.
She said that

On a Exodus interview^^

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 10th March 2009, 06:37 AM
SCAR Initiate

lol wow. you guys gotta stop voting for utada on http://videoclips.blog.nl/
she already has 47% haha.

This reminds of that time when we did that to Utada when they released her you make me want to be a man video.

YOU ARE FUNNY
Old 10th March 2009, 07:07 AM
Because of You Initiate

It is so true that sex is so good to taking my money back.

I want more sex lyrics now

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 10th March 2009, 09:30 AM
neverending dream Initiate

Omg this is like the 10000th time I'm playing FYI. I LOVE THAT SONG. It's so awesome

Old 10th March 2009, 09:32 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:

*and after reading Andrenekoi's post*

oh wow I never knew Hotel Lobby was a bout being a popstar. I must have missed an interview somewhere. I've always thought that song is about being lonely in a big city where no one cares for eachother.

Didn't you ask about the Exodus lyrics, SheFliesHigher? Listen to Kremlin Dusk There's this piece of lyrics there that I think it very clever:

Born in a world of opposite attraction, it isn't (or is it?) a natural deception.

I think that's also the point she's trying to make in You Make Me Want To Be A Man: men and women are so different, it's almost a deception they're attracted to each other. There are exceptions, ofc
Old 10th March 2009, 10:01 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

"Hotel Lobby" is about prostitution. Think about it. I honestly thought everyone accepted that idea until just now

Quote:
'Hotel Lobby', I tell a story about a prostitute. When I became famous, I felt so overprotected and pampered and fussed about all the time that I fantasised about being unprotected, like the girl in the song. I used to feel lost in a strange lifestyle that I couldn't escape from. So I can relate to this character, even though we have different lifestyles."
She said dat.

Last edited by kang daesung; 10th March 2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10th March 2009, 10:23 AM
forgiveness Initiate

just a quick post...

the full length club mixes for Come Back To Me has leaked! my favorite Tony Moran mix is slightly altered, it was mixed along with Warren Rigg becoming "Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Club Mix". it sounds as good and longer! yey!!

now back to topic =D
Old 10th March 2009, 11:26 AM
Initiate

I love MCML-FYI~! It's amazing, I'm not a fan of Utada, but i like this song, I might even buy this album because of this song and other promising previews so far.
Old 10th March 2009, 11:49 AM
still alone Initiate

Anyway, in other fun news, I hear Come Back to me on the radio all the time now. o_O. Promotion starting?
Old 10th March 2009, 12:18 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaka View Post
Anyway, in other fun news, I hear Come Back to me on the radio all the time now. o_O. Promotion starting?
I hear it in Hawai'i, too. I think it's just here, though.

Old 10th March 2009, 04:33 PM
SAKURA Initiate

wow, i'm seriously addicted to FYI. if it weren't for the instrumental, i wouldn't even listen to it so much, lol. but i still love it.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 10th March 2009, 04:35 PM
ever free Initiate

I always thought Kremlim Dusk was about homosexuality... specially that line "born in a war of opposite attractions, it isn´t (or is it) a natural deception?, torn by the arms in opposite directions it isn´t (or is it) a modernist reaction? "
Old 10th March 2009, 04:35 PM
Greatful days Initiate

It's getting to the point where I don't think I'll ever hear it on the radio in my area.

May can't come soon enough. Then the radio won't matter to me because that's all I'll be listening to (if it's good).
Closed Thread

Tags
this is the one, utada