[Miliyah Kato] Be her LOVERS in ♥ thread #5 - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th January 2013, 07:59 PM
Secret Initiate

^ Agree. I feel that Miliyah is in a straight-up fashion phase. Wouldn't surprise me if she went on a hiatus to design clothes >_>
Old 26th January 2013, 11:01 PM
Real me Initiate

According to a guy at JPC, she's going to release a new collab single with Shota Shimizu in March

Old 27th January 2013, 12:21 PM
Replace Initiate

I don't really care about her x Shota stuff, hope for smth interesting after later this year maybe
Old 27th January 2013, 05:12 PM
fairyland Initiate

^Agreed. I have nothing against him, but besides Boogie Back nothing that she has done with him has interested me. I wonder if she's dating him or something...

Old 27th January 2013, 07:55 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^Love Forever was probably one of Miliyahs best songs ever so yeah, Boogie Back is not the best collab of them

and he is gay and is dating
Old 27th January 2013, 08:17 PM
fairyland Initiate

^Well, I like Boogie Back better than Love Forever. So, I'm not exactly looking forward to another song with him. I don't like it when any singer works with one person too many times even if the songs are good, like Kana Nishino and WISE, and I often wonder why they choose to work with them so many times.

Old 27th January 2013, 10:55 PM
Secret Initiate

Love Forever was the only good collab they did. Anything after was excessive and unneeded.
Old 27th January 2013, 11:05 PM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_D_Ruffy16 View Post
^Love Forever was probably one of Miliyahs best songs ever so yeah, Boogie Back is not the best collab of them

and he is gay and is dating

Whaaat? Do you mean gay as in stupid? lol I don't know much about Shota with his personal life, but I can't imagine him being gay, he just seems really boyish. I pretty much enjoy their ALL their collaborations. But maybe I'm bias because I think they're cute together (generally).

Anyway, I listen to True Lovers a lot still and I'm actually listening to it right now. I love HEAVEN but TL is a very close second. Its a little sad it didn't and doesn't seem to be that well received. If there was any slight disappointment for me in this album its UGLY. It was a bit too uplifting in sound and I was hoping it would darker, but having said that I still enjoy it.
Old 28th January 2013, 02:47 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I've liked all their collabs but I do wish she would just release a really awesome singe¥le haha. Like Bye Bye.

There's been a lot of speculation that Shimizu Shota is gay (as in sexually). But has it been reported that he is in fact?

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 28th January 2013, 03:22 AM
fairyland Initiate

^Are there like, reports on TV about it in Japan? I've always read that in Japan being gay basically means marrying a woman and sleeping with dudes on the side. Then again, I know that Happie Nuts model Hiromi just came out as a lesbian (which is really only a surprise to the Japanese because she looked like such a stereotypical American lesbian). And people seem to be cool with her.

If he is and Miliyah is still his friend I have even more respect for her now. Ayu, Kuu and Miliyah. All that will be missing is Kana Nishino

Old 28th January 2013, 12:08 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

^ In general not many public figures come out here. So I guess, since the post sounded so matter-of-fact, I was interested in seeing whether or not there were any articles documenting it as such haha.

There's just a lot of talk/rumors/gossip about certain actors and musicians including Shimizu Shota, Narimiya Hiroki, etc.

But I didn't know about Hiromi.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 28th January 2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 28th January 2013, 02:02 PM
Replace Initiate

they're just good friends,probably that's why she works much with him? Ayu does it too lol
Old 28th January 2013, 04:15 PM
fairyland Initiate

^These girls love their gay besties it seems

Old 30th January 2013, 04:11 PM
still alone Initiate

I've listened to her for the first time. I tried out the TRUE LOVERS album because I was just too impressed with that beautiful cover. I have to say she has amazing vocals - very enjoyable to listen to even if the music is not particulary enjoyable at times. About the music itself, I felt it to be a bit on the boring side more, however the biggest problem I had with the TRUE LOVERS album (or so far with all of her music I've actually heard) is the repetition of cheesy English lyrics. It kind of makes listening to these songs embarrasing, but it's not THAT bad, I guess.

Other than that, I really enjoy HEART BEAT, Konya wa Boogie Back (mostly because of the amazing choruses, could do without the rappers), Nemurenu Yoru no Sei de (even though the music kind of annoyed me at first), True (a pretty song), All I Want Is You (this one had some amazing verses, but the chorus kind of lets me down) and UGLY (even though it's not that special, it's just nice to listen to).

Getting on another point, do you guys think I should listen to either HEAVEN or Ring next?

P.S. Where do you guys read the translations to her songs?

Last edited by Chiharo; 30th January 2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 30th January 2013, 05:31 PM
Real me Initiate

^ Definitely HEAVEN! This album was perfection

tenshi no hane used to translate a lot of her songs, you should check her LJ.

Old 30th January 2013, 07:09 PM
fairyland Initiate

Both are really good albums. It doesn't matter which you listen to first, as long as you get around to listening to all of them. However, Sora on HEAVEN is one of my all time favorite songs from her. Then again, so is 20 -cry- on Ring.

Old 30th January 2013, 10:19 PM
no more words Initiate

Imo, HEAVEN is the better album, and I agree with happiholic that "Sora" is one of the highlights on that album, such a beautiful song. Ring is great as well though.

Don't forget to check out her non-album tracks, such as "Wara no Inu" (found on Yuusatachi single.) It's a really pretty song, probably my favorite song of her. Mukuchi no Uta, Ms. Jealousy and Desire are also great non-album tracks.

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
There's just a lot of talk/rumors/gossip about certain actors and musicians including Shimizu Shota, Narimiya Hiroki, etc.
That ain't a rumor, he's my future husband
Old 30th January 2013, 11:17 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I recommend HEAVEN also that album is seriously so good. Ring is okay, it had great singles but on the whole I like TRUE LOVERS much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloopy View Post

Don't forget to check out her non-album tracks, such as "Wara no Inu" (found on Yuusatachi single.)

Yes!!! that song is beautiful, one of my fave ballads by her. SIGN was great also.
Old 30th January 2013, 11:55 PM
still alone Initiate

I see! Thank you everyone for the recommendations.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:14 AM
Secret Initiate

HEAVEN is the most flawless, most gorgeous, most life-changing album to ever be released. EVER. EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.