[A] Arena Tour 2015 Report (Saitama Super Arena 04.11) - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 12th April 2015, 12:02 AM
æternal Initiate

Arena Tour 2015 Report (Saitama Super Arena 04.11)

Hi everyone! This time of the year has come again I just want to share my experience yesterday on Ayu's first show of her tour this year in Saitama. I'll add photos once I got home later

It was the first time I attended Ayu's concert alone so I didn't have any idea what to feel LOL Anyway, After wandering around Tokyo for hours, i felt tired and decided to head over to Saitama.

I arrived too early, maybe around five and a half hours before the concert. There were already so many people lining up on the Goods. I decided to wander and explore around the venue just to kill time and snapped some photos. I decided to line up to the Goods too and got myself a light uchiwa and a shirt.

Anyway, time flew by and I found myself standing as the very first person on the line on the entrance LOL I went to the Gate like half an hour before they'll open.

We entered the hall and I'm surprized that Saitama super arena isn't really as gigantic as what I expected it to be. I looked for my seats a got seated. I got a D3 Block 117 seat number which is fairly too far from the main stage but OK from the center stage. I was just beside the area where staff with computers and such were. I even saw the girl who teaches yoga and another guy just close to me LOL

Anyway, We waited and waited until the buzzer was sounded as a cue that the concert was starting. I stood up. I really don't know what to do cuz it's the first time I'm attending alone and I felt really shy to shout bahahahah. Anyway the concert started perhaps 10-15 minutes late. I'll put my report of the main concert in spoilers below.

Spoiler:

00. Intro
The concert started the same way as how the CDL started, however, it felt more complete and longer. Two performers appeared on the center stage on top of a huge ball and started doing acrobatics. The man that plays as a frog, the long legged man, and Timmy appeared as well.

01. Duty
The song started briefly after the introduction. As the curtains were rising, Ayu appeared on the stage wearing the same costume on the CDL. She looks so gorgeous nonetheless. Her voice were OK during this performance. Same routine with CDL

02. Pride
It's my first time watching a concert without actually knowing the setlist so I really had no Idea about the next song. But as I heard the intro, I knew it was Pride. It's one of the few ayu songs that I seldom listen to. It's not that I hate or do not like it but, you know those songs that you need that one specific moment to appreciate it? LOL Anyway, really nice vocals for this performance. I just noticed how the white flowery gown was removed before the song ended.

03. Microphone
This song has always blown me away even during the CDL. I'm a Microphone bias so I was totally rocking even from the moment I heard the intro especially when ayu shouted Ikuzeeee saitama! Here voice was OK, she was kinda out of pitch when started but suddenly got back afterwards.

After the song, the first band introduction interlude was played. They were showing really good visuals on the screen and I kinda liked the lyrics of what Timmy and Princess sang. I have no Idea what the tittle is but the songs goes like "I am the sunrise, you are the sunset, we are together." on the first verse and "You are the water, I am the fire" on the second. It's a rock song nonetheless.

04. GAME
After the band introduction, the intro of the song was played but I think this time, Ayu appeared on the main stage with the same costume as with the CDL. The song was performed in same routine but I think her acrobatics are a bit different this time. Good vocals on this one too...

05. my name's WOMEN
Right after GAME ended, they started playing a familiar riffs. As the song goes, three female dancers started to appear one by one on the main stage and started doing the dance for My name's WOMEN until the first verse started, Ayu appeared on the catwalk with her male dancers. They walked slowly towards the center stage. Same routine with the CDL. I didn't like her vocals here. She was out of pitch during the verse.

06. until that Day.
I really love this song so it felt really good hearing it live for the first time too. They performed the song with the usual dance routine. Ayu's voice are good in this one! When the song ended, ayu disappeared on the stage leaving her male dancers. The song ended and the lights were shut off.

07. 1 LOVE
The song started with a rock instrumental and a huge screen started to descend on the main stage. The dancers started to appear one by one. The song was performed exactly as the CDL too.

08. WARNING
After 1 LOVE ended, Ayu and two female dancers remained on the stage. The song started with a long rock instrumental with riffs of WARNING. They used 3D projection mapping on this performance too when they played with Ayu's shadow and such. I loved this performance as much as how I love the song.

09. Diary
After WARNING ended, the lights were dimmed off and they started playing an unfamiliar piano ballad. Then Miccie started singing while the same girl who danced when he sang endroll appeared with him too. I really didn't know what happened cuz I went to the CR during this part. But i really do find this song beautiful and emotional especially the lyrics.

09. HAPPY ENDING
The huge screen started to become starry. It was really beautiful. Its different from the Zutto screen on CDL. This time, it looks like the milkyway can be seen too. The intro startes and Ayu, while sitting on the moon, started to ascend. She was wearing i think the red gown on the last minute PV. As the song progresses, the screen showed the northern lights too.. so pretty T^T

Really awesome vocals here IMO. She sounded like My Story-Secret era too.

10. Secret
Right after HAPPY ENDING ended, I was suprized to hear the intro of Secret. The people beside me were surprized too. Ayu was emotional during this song, but she didn't cry, its just you can feel it on her voice. Really loved her vocals here too.

11. Last minute
Then my personal favorite song started. She performed this song the same way on the CDL too. Really good vocals.

12. A Song for XX
The song started with a rock instrumental, i think its the same intro they used on the Power of Music before ayu sang Decision (correct me if i'm wrong); as much as I love her past performances of this song, i find her recent vocals weak here. I don't know, i felt like it was missing something. I just notice how ayu tends to soften her voice a lot lately. Maybe i'm just so used to the powerful voice when she performs this.

13. (miss)understood
The song started briefly after A Song for XX. One of my favorite performance, since its one of my favorite Ayu songs lol. I like her vocals here than the previews song.

-interlude-

14. Anything for You
as the string intro of the song begins, blue lights illuminated the hall. it was so beautiful. Ayu appeared on the main stage and started singing. she was wearing the same costume on the Walk~Progress part of the CDL except just without the long white tail. I think this song replaced Walk. I love her vocals her though she sounded a bit shouting and struggling on the later part of the song but i understand how High this song really is.

15. forgiveness
After the previous song, the intro started. They performed this song exaxtly the same way as with the CDL with the hearts, dancer's and ayu's message on the screen, everything.

16. progress.
This was performed exactly as the CDL. Really good vocals too.

17. A Bell
As progress ended, they started playing A Bell. a white light appeared on the screen. as the song progresses, the white light started to descend slowly while getting brighter and bigger until it touched the ground and became a white flame. I noticed how a Bell was extended. it was really beautiful. The white light turned to yellow and eveyrthing went crazy. LOL The song turned to rock, to electronic, the rock again, until there were just prison bars on the screen. I thought Never Ever will come next but I was so pumped to hear the intro of Rule.

17. Rule
as I am an Ayu Rock bias, i really did enjoy this performance. ayu appeared with her male dancers on the main stage wearing a Shiny costume but almost identical to the one she wore on AT09. They started going to the center stage. It was crazy!! Really good and powerful vocals too.

18. Lady Dynamite
Right after Rule ended, the intro of Lady Dynamite started. One female dancer handed a vest to Ayu and she wore it. They were partyin' on the center stage. Ayu suddenly appeared holding what i seemed the mask of the Frog man LOL. The frog man appeared too and Ayu gave it to him and he started to dance. It was a fun performance LOL

Right after the song ended, Timmy with four performers appeared on the stage. They were holding some musical instruments and acted like playing then. The music becomes circus-y until the intro of Immature with ayu's voice was played.

19 Immature
The song's got a new arrangement this time. It sounded like a mixed electronic, rock and circus-themed. Ayu appeared singing on top of a shiny-crystal (?) elephant. It was really epic! LOL The dancers push the elephant here and there around the main stage. the dancers appeared on the stage carrying Huge flags with A Logo on them. It was really a good performance! One of the must see parts of the show.

20. Mirrorcle World
Ayu then appeared wearing the same costume she wore on the first part of the show as the Intro of Mirrorcle World began. They performed the song in usual routine a lá a-nation 2008. Good vocals too. The song served as the final song of the main part. The song ended and the lights were shut off.

-encore-

I was surprized that there was no "DJ time" this time.After the encore track, the next song suddenly began.

21. Movin' on without you
As the song began, the red curtain was raised and the male dancers appeared on the stage. Ayu appeared on the first verse part of the song. Really good vocals on this one.

22. Step by step
After MOWY ended, an unfamiliar rock song started. It sort of sounded like an updated version of Depend on You. And suddenly I remembered the new song Step by Step! Its a great song IMO and not really identical to SnowyKiss/TSMGO lol. Maybe just a few parts of the chorus. Its a summer, mid-tempo rock song.

After the song ended, the MC section started. Ayu talked about how freakin' nervous she was since it was very first show of the tour, and that it's been awhile since the last time she did MC.

She then talked about the previous song Step by Step and confirmed a mini-album on the works due in August. Ayu was accompanied by Zin to sing the Wowow Yeah yeah part of the show must Go on. Zin was so funny cuz he sings differently as how Ayu wants him to sing LOL

She then mentioned about two TA members who participated in the song and surprizingly those people were in the arena too LOL.
Then MC section ended and ayu introduced the next song.

23. flower garden
It's been awhile since the last time i heard this song so I was jumping on my seats when I heard the intro. Ayu sounded the 2004-2005 ayu here lol.

24. Boys & Girls
The usual performance where Ayu and the team throws ball to the audience. Always a favorite of the crowd

25. The Show Must Go On
After Boys & Girls, the intro of The Show Must Go On started. As much as i love the song (a personal favorite from A ONE) from the moment I heard the preview, i was so pumped to hear this song live. Ayu sounded struggling on the chorus cuz it certainly is very high. I hope she lowers the key on the next shows cuz she sounded too tired on the last parts of the song. The crowds were having fun too especially on the Wowow Yeah yeah parts. The song ended.

26. Who...
The intro started and Ayu appeared alone on the center stage. It's been awhile since we heard this song live so the audience around me were so happy. This song has always been a special song to me. I have a deep emotional attatchment to this song and I was holding back my tears all that time. LOL She introduced her dancers and performer team during this song too. After that the silver tapes exploded. It was a bummer, i didn't even get any! LOL

27. MY ALL

Anyway, on the later part of the show, i decided to go ahead and leave the arena since I only got a little time to catch my bus in Tokyo back to Nagoya. I ran fast towards the exit but as I opened the door, My All started LOL Gosh! I didnnt see that coming. Anyway, at the very least I got to experience what it feels like to be seated on the stand area (and on the very upper part) which i think isn't bad. You're far but you'll get to see everything without standing for hours LOL I got to snap few photos too lol

Anyway, as the song progresses, i thought paper planes started falling on the arena. It was just later that day I learned that they were just heart shaped papers (correct me if i'm wrong) with the tour's logo printed on them.

Then the concert ended and I left the hall even before Ayu said her last "Arigatou Gozaimashita."

The concert was freaking long!! Even though the setlist lacks more songs from the new album, this concert has got some powerful tracks on it. I noticed how abundant the setlist is with rock songs which I really love.

Overall, ayu's vocals are superb. Though she sounded out of pitch and struggling at times, you can feel how much she improved and it felt really good like she's finally getting her past voice back.

Perhaps the only "let-down" of this concert for me is that, maybe because I already played the recent CDL both the TV and DVD versions, i found some performance less interesting. I noticed it especially on Forgiveness, where I was in tears in CDL but now I was like "oh... ok." LOOL

It was definitely an awesome show!! I can't believe how it felt so long but ended too fast lol. The setlist was insane and powerful. I really can't wait to see her again next month as the tour stops in my home city.

facebook | instagram | twitter

Last edited by hayasaki; 12th April 2015 at 01:40 AM.
Old 12th April 2015, 12:44 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us all these details! I wish I could have been there! Sounded like such an amazing show, and what an amazing setlist!

cropped by me, fanart by the-chokey

Old 12th April 2015, 01:06 AM
still alone Initiate

Thanks for the report!

Despite my disappointment in the lack of A ONE tracks (specifically NO FUTURE and Out of control), I think this is a solid setlist.
Old 12th April 2015, 01:08 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Thank you so much!

Kinda wish she changed a few costumes around but the elephant thing seems neat! I wonder what that has to do with anything.
Old 12th April 2015, 01:35 AM
Initiate

Thank you so much for telling us your experience! ♥

As for the outfits, there's only 1 more change, right? For Rule (since I assume the encore one remains the same). I loved CDL's outfits, so it's ok for me!
Wow, an elephant! That's reeeally unexpected xD

Isn't it possible that she did playback in those songs where you heard the ayu from early 2000? (Just wondering, tho I hope everything is live, obviously!)
And I hope she can control her voice more for the next shows! Maybe the first one is also a test for her vocals to see what songs could be changed in future dates.
Old 12th April 2015, 05:00 AM
æternal Initiate

I forgot the mention that she wore the white dress she wore in a-nation 2014 during A Song for XX ~ (miss)understood part. And the mic stand had flowers and stuff

Old 12th April 2015, 05:01 AM
æternal Initiate

And btw ur all welcome guys

Old 12th April 2015, 05:07 AM
still alone Initiate

She doesn't seem to put so much into costumes this time...
Old 12th April 2015, 05:21 AM
YOU Initiate

Thanks!But still feel disappointed on the setlist and ofcos the outfit. Eventhough the outfit from the cdl is quite ok, but she should actually change some of them. She seem like reuse almost all the outfit from cdl, with similar setlist and similar performance, making this tour seem to be a bit boring.... Except for the crystal elephant....
Old 12th April 2015, 05:36 AM
UNITE! Initiate

thank for report!
Old 12th April 2015, 05:57 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Lately she's been changing outfits sooooo maybe it'll happen after the first half of the dates?
Old 12th April 2015, 06:28 AM
æternal Initiate

I really think her using the Duty~Microphone gown again in Mirrorcle World is out of place. Is it her first time using same outfits on a show for two separate parts?

Old 12th April 2015, 06:35 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

they rly line up so early for the good? o.o
Can I ask was there something sold out when you bought your goods a while later?

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 12th April 2015, 06:54 AM
MY STORY Initiate

Thank you hayasaki! I'm so excited for this tour after reading your review.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 12th April 2015, 06:56 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

https://twitter.com/A_world_ayu

Muffler tower and keychain sold out quickly at first. Then pink keychain sold out 2 hours after goods went on sale.

Last edited by truehappiness; 12th April 2015 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12th April 2015, 07:19 AM
Dolls Initiate

The Immature part seems epic ))
And omg, rock version. Hopefully, she'll keep it for the finale too.
Old 12th April 2015, 07:31 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Thank you so much for the report!

The setlist is amazing, like seriously, best thing ayu has in years, imo.

What makes me happy about this report is... MC is back!
Not to mention another mini-album in August, yesss, she's on fire!
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 12th April 2015, 07:34 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Thank you for the report!

Kinda a nice show but the over similarity (both act and costume-wise) makes me feel a bit disappointed but it's still the first show so I hope she do more costume change in the future.

The elephant part reminds me of a Cher performance but hers a papier mache instead of a crystal/glass elephant.
Old 12th April 2015, 07:50 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

Thanks for the report!
Old 12th April 2015, 07:59 AM
æternal Initiate

I'm not really sure if it's Crystal or just Silver but the elephant was so huge and Shiny. Really epic.

Tags
arena tour 2015, cirque de minuit, hayasaki