[YT] Microphone PV - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 26th March 2010, 02:32 PM
End roll Initiate

Thank you for sharing videos!!!
nice PVs, definitely not my kind but Ayu & staff really did a good job... thumbs up!

it really is Lady GaGa style... but somehow i think Ayu does it better, i might love PV better after watching several times

absolutely love Sexy Little Things song preview, can't wait for full song ^^♪

+ awesome nails, lots of copy-fun ahead (!)

My facebookMy nail art tumblr
Old 26th March 2010, 02:50 PM
Interlude Initiate

finally ayu made an awesome pv again. i was way overdue!! i'm epicly pleased
great concept, great direction, please continue this way!
Old 26th March 2010, 03:22 PM
walking proud Initiate

I actually came away a bit disappointed with this PV. Maybe my expectations were too high because it was Mushi who directed. His best work is still Ladies Night. Ayu was in this PV far too little I felt and some of the transitions could have definitely gone with the music better.
Old 26th March 2010, 04:20 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Wow. o.o
Okay, so who can list off all her PV references? :O
I wasn't a hardcore enough fan to notice any, bahaha...
Old 26th March 2010, 04:26 PM
July 1st Initiate

Wow, really interesting PV!! I like~~

Hmm, as for the meaning behind the PV, I'm not quite sure but it seems like the PV is "unmasking" the hidden/ugly nature of humans. First, she shows us the normal perceptions that we have of people: a responsible soldier, a happy family playing cards, a "sister", a janitor, a white-faced clown, ayu herself as a calm sister. Then all these perceptions are swept away and the horror and violence comes out: the soldier tears her uniform off, the family's dysfunctional, the sister is a brother in gag, the janitor able to dance so well, the clown turns out to be a pyromaniac, and ayu herself goes slightly mad.

The guy in the white box during the first verse of the PV is kinda symbolic, like how at first, he's trapped inside the box, but manages to come out in the end. So maybe he's symbolizing the ugly side of us that's always hiding and trying to get out??...

I don't know how that links up to the iphone concept though lol...

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 26th March 2010, 06:31 PM
teens Initiate

thanks.
Old 26th March 2010, 06:49 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

This video has been removed by the user, it sez ;_;
Old 26th March 2010, 07:09 PM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
This video has been removed by the user, it sez ;_;
I replaced the link. It should work now.
Old 26th March 2010, 08:53 PM
Over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post

The guy in the white box during the first verse of the PV is kinda symbolic, like how at first, he's trapped inside the box, but manages to come out in the end. So maybe he's symbolizing the ugly side of us that's always hiding and trying to get out??...
The one that was in the windowsill? Yeah, that was a woman...but I thought the same thing. Being trapped, but trying to get out. This PV seems to be about that. What someone earlier posted about how it's meant to show the ugly/abnormal side of humans is more or less what I was thinking. They show these people in what you could say is a typical way, a normal way. Then they are shown in a different light.

FacebookLast.fm TwitterTumblr

Old 26th March 2010, 10:06 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
What's funniest about that is that the "girl" is a guy, haha.

Oh, and Ayu's reaction to him bumping into her.

"Hello there... hehehehe."
I laughed at that too then I wondered what she said in English(or Japanese?) to him during the shooting of that scene. LOL.
Old 26th March 2010, 10:50 PM
And Then Initiate

I don't get it. Not my taste anyways. There are quite a few weird PVs in Ayu's inventory but Microphone is beyond that kind of weird. The parts with Ayu in it are great but the random people are just a bit too much creepy, macabre weirdness. Just saying. =)

-awesome sig by ownsarai-
Old 27th March 2010, 02:42 AM
End roll Initiate

Rock 'n' Roll Circus indded
Old 27th March 2010, 02:51 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
So you mean that Ayu's hand was a mistake? I thought it was Ayu's hand from the beginning. I thought that Ayu moving the pictures was an awesome idea.
I never said her hand was a mistake. The mistake was you don't see the gauntlet on her hand throughout the entire video, and then you see it at the end. You should have been able to see the black thing on her hand the entire time every time her hand flips through the video if it was supposed to look like she was doing the video movement with her hand.

look at her hands. at the end, her hand is almost completely covered by the black thing, and throughout the video with the hand iphone swipes, its not there. that is the continuity mistake. it is supposed to look like she is moving the video. but they messed up.

Spoiler:

You know what would be an interesting challenge? putting this video on your iphone and trying to keep up and mimic ayu's hand movements haha. That would be weird, make it look like you were the one controlling the video by covering up her hand with yours and doing all the notions.

Last edited by Picaflor 7/4; 27th March 2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old 27th March 2010, 02:58 AM
SweetAquarian102

Microphone

Hmm, as for the meaning behind the PV, I'm not quite sure but it seems like the PV is "unmasking" the hidden/ugly nature of humans. First, she shows us the normal perceptions that we have of people: a responsible soldier, a happy family playing cards, a "sister", a janitor, a white-faced clown, ayu herself as a calm sister. Then all these perceptions are swept away and the horror and violence comes out: the soldier tears her uniform off, the family's dysfunctional, the sister is a brother in gag, the janitor able to dance so well, the clown turns out to be a pyromaniac, and ayu herself goes slightly mad.

Originally from Misa-chan....

-I agree completely. I must watch the PV again.
Old 27th March 2010, 03:11 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetAquarian102 View Post

Originally from Misa-chan....

-I agree completely. I must watch the PV again.
wow i like your way of interpretation on this PV! sounds very reasonable and convincing.

it looks very random at first but i'm sure there are deep meaning behind, like all ayu PV as always.
Old 27th March 2010, 03:13 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaflor 7/4 View Post
I never said her hand was a mistake. The mistake was you don't see the gauntlet on her hand throughout the entire video, and then you see it at the end. You should have been able to see the black thing on her hand the entire time every time her hand flips through the video if it was supposed to look like she was doing the video movement with her hand.

look at her hands. at the end, her hand is almost completely covered by the black thing, and throughout the video with the hand iphone swipes, its not there. that is the continuity mistake. it is supposed to look like she is moving the video. but they messed up.

Spoiler:

You know what would be an interesting challenge? putting this video on your iphone and trying to keep up and mimic ayu's hand movements haha. That would be weird, make it look like you were the one controlling the video by covering up her hand with yours and doing all the notions.
i get what you meant on the hand mistake.

but i think they removed the black thing purposely because it will block the view and maybe even attract too much attention from the original "screen" if the hand is "decorated" with too many things, haha.

just my opinion ^^
Old 28th March 2010, 10:28 AM
Who... Initiate

I just noticed the creepy little clown puppet in the room where Ayu and her family is playing. Nice detail

BRILLIANCE

Old 28th March 2010, 10:34 AM
Will Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post

I don't know how that links up to the iphone concept though lol...
Nice thoughs Misa!!

I AM ESSITED! Taeyeon Thank you miroro

code:exoaffxtionnanaseven

Old 28th March 2010, 11:03 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The white "guy" in the box is a girl, I believe. She looks very masculine, but I'm pretty sure he's a she.

The touch screen gadget concept seems to just be that "Rihannayu" was simply playing around with the normal people. "Things are not as they seem" seems to be the overall theme as you've said. You'd think we were just watching the PV normally, but really, "Rihannayu" was watching as well, and she was controlling what we were watching, even the characters' actions! (when she made the brother/sister in drag bump into Ayu)... haha.

-evil laughter-
Old 28th March 2010, 12:12 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-roBeat 13 View Post
I don't get it. Not my taste anyways. There are quite a few weird PVs in Ayu's inventory but Microphone is beyond that kind of weird. The parts with Ayu in it are great but the random people are just a bit too much creepy, macabre weirdness. Just saying. =)
I share the same thought with you.

Ayu did a lot weird PVs like kanariya, surreal, ourselves. They are all very cool to me. But I don't like Microphone. Maybe she is becoming too "foreign" instead of japanese.

The random people in the PV makes me remember Madonna's Celebration. But in the Celebration PV, the people there are much more talented which I don't think it is a waste of time to watch them.

Tags
ayumi, hamasaki ayumi, microphone