a-nation (A COMPLETE) discussion thread! - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 16th September 2008, 11:39 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Lightbulb A COMPLETE DVD footage discussion thread!

Just finished plowing through my A COMPLETE DVD and watching the a-nation footage...

My opinion is largely split in half...some of the songs, I'm like, "Well, that was boring, glad they didn't put that on the a-nation DVDs" and then others I was all, "OMFG AMAZING."

Favorite performances:
Voyage (Ayu crying aww.)
is this LOVE? (We got it in the TV version, but I'm so happy to finally have it on DVD~)
A Song for XX (Fantastic!)
July 1st (Hello, rock arrangement!)

And I'm pretty sure she was synching to a vocal track in UNITE! and until that Day... because I know I've heard those vocals before. Meh.

After seeing some more footage, I can definitely say that 2005 was the best a-nation performance that she's done to date. The costume/hair designs were good, she was in fantastic shape, she had a great setlist, and executed the whole performance really well (HANABI FTW.)

What did everyone else think?

Last edited by chocopockymaster; 17th September 2008 at 03:15 AM.
Old 16th September 2008, 11:43 PM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

well i haven't seen them...but i would say 2005 was a great year! HANABI is one of my fave performance from a-nation~ and her vocals were AMAZING
and she looks like she just came out of a pool lol
Old 16th September 2008, 11:47 PM
Voyage Initiate

i had the greatest laught watchin one of those a-nation performances (i forgot which one it was...), you know the one where shuya has AFRO hair!!!!!!! hahahahahahahah XD

that was SOOOOOOOOOOOO funny, his hair was falling down while he was dancing, and then there was go-mi on the same song/performance dancing VERY wierd. he looked like he was horny as hell XD he did the usualy coreo of the song and all, but he would twich and make some moves like he wanted to &%$# someone on that stage XD

i cryed of laughter on that one
Old 17th September 2008, 12:09 AM

LOL. There were some pretty funny moments, I'll agree. It was so odd to see Gomi with LONG HAIR. I had forgotten...been so long since I've seen the other a-nation perfs.
Old 17th September 2008, 12:35 AM
Rule Protector

Funny, as I was watching UNITE and until that Day I thought they didn't seem lip synced

The July 1st with rock arrangement was awesome, I really liked that.
Old 17th September 2008, 12:49 AM

One thing I've noticed about Ayu is that when she lipsynchs to songs in her lives, she seriously overexaggerates the movements of her mouth when she "forms" the words. It's quite interesting to watch. until that Day... sounds nearly identical to AT07, and I can't remember which other performance used the UNITE! vocal track, but I know I've heard it before.
Old 17th September 2008, 12:58 AM
July 1st Initiate

The one performance that I always thought should have made it to the a-nation DVD was Moments but it's on A COMPLETE so I'm very happy! I thought the vocals were flawless (of course Moments is one of the songs that I personally feel Ayu always sings flawlessly as is Voyage) and she looked absolutely stunning!

Old 17th September 2008, 12:59 AM
Lee_410

I totally want to see July 1st!Her vocals are so good!
Old 17th September 2008, 01:08 AM
Voyage Initiate

I took a few screenshots, you can see them in my blog here:

http://neffiline.livejournal.com/23551.html#cutid1
BTS Wings Tour 2017
G-Dragon M.O.T.T.E World Tour 2017
Taeyang White Night World Tour 2017
Old 17th September 2008, 01:11 AM
Rule Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
One thing I've noticed about Ayu is that when she lipsynchs to songs in her lives, she seriously overexaggerates the movements of her mouth when she "forms" the words. It's quite interesting to watch. until that Day... sounds nearly identical to AT07, and I can't remember which other performance used the UNITE! vocal track, but I know I've heard it before.
until that Day sounded totally different to me, she cut her oohs shorter in some places and fully cut an ooh before the first chorus.

About the over exaggerating mouth movements, she does that a lot. In her live MW performances she does it and they're definitely live.

Btw, did anyone notice she was close to a boob slip? In the beginning of until that Day, she slides her hands down her body and it pushes her top down really far.
Old 17th September 2008, 01:18 AM
Lee_410

^I NOTICED THE SLIP TOO!I like how she broke that cage in GAME.Reminds me of NEVER EVER in AT2002.
Old 17th September 2008, 01:35 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren0210989 View Post
i had the greatest laught watchin one of those a-nation performances (i forgot which one it was...), you know the one where shuya has AFRO hair!!!!!!! hahahahahahahah XD

that was SOOOOOOOOOOOO funny, his hair was falling down while he was dancing, and then there was go-mi on the same song/performance dancing VERY wierd. he looked like he was horny as hell XD he did the usualy coreo of the song and all, but he would twich and make some moves like he wanted to &%$# someone on that stage XD

i cryed of laughter on that one
Which song was the the horny go-mi in? lmao
Old 17th September 2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
until that Day sounded totally different to me, she cut her oohs shorter in some places and fully cut an ooh before the first chorus.

About the over exaggerating mouth movements, she does that a lot. In her live MW performances she does it and they're definitely live.

Btw, did anyone notice she was close to a boob slip? In the beginning of until that Day, she slides her hands down her body and it pushes her top down really far.
I think when she does until that Day, for example, she does some parts live. The "oohs" being one example of this. But I just went through and listened to the AT and a-nation vocals side-by-side, in the verses and especially in the chorus, and they sound identical to me. And she does overexaggerate her mouth movements a lot (eww Mirrorcle World lives) but when she's synching, it's even more noticeable than usual. I've noticed her do it lately in her PVs, and she overdid it at (d)lma at AT08 both times I went to see her.

But enough of that for now...the almost-slip was hysterical. xD
Old 17th September 2008, 02:04 AM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren0210989 View Post
OMG! XD HAHA! I laughed sooo hard too when I saw his afro!! XD
BTS Wings Tour 2017
G-Dragon M.O.T.T.E World Tour 2017
Taeyang White Night World Tour 2017
Old 17th September 2008, 02:13 AM
Dolls Initiate

I thought 07's until that day was abit too 'over'.

05's performances are the best imo; i love fairyland's costume and ayu's vocal was awesome.
Old 17th September 2008, 02:34 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Loved ALL of them. fairyland especially!

On another topic, the YOU one from LTAL2003 = GOLD.

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure she was synching to a vocal track in UNITE! and until that Day... because I know I've heard those vocals before. Meh.
I dunno, watch the AT06 extras DVD and watch the UNITE! clips. I think that they generally "fix up" her voice in post-production so that's why it sounds so similar to what we've heard before.

Last edited by truehappiness; 17th September 2008 at 02:37 AM.
Old 17th September 2008, 02:43 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Oh oh can we talk about the TA live too~ ^ YOU was defiantly my favorite performance. I didn't really care for the Real Me performance...it was unique

From a-nation my favorties were fairyland and Forgiveness.

V6 - Ai Nanda ♪
made by ll moments ll! ♥♥♥

Old 17th September 2008, 02:58 AM

Speaking of forgiveness...she wasn't using her earphones! I got chills. Which progressed to goosebumps. It was lovely.
Old 17th September 2008, 03:16 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

I was the most excited about forgiveness, ASFXX, and Voyage since those songs are rarely performed live. I can honestly say the only one I was slightly disapointed with was ASFXX, only because she yelled more than she sang and I would have liked more like angry singing instead of straight up yelling.

I think she did the wo~wo~wo's early in forgiveness, but it's ok because she didn't have her earplugs in and the performance was amazing.

My favorite years are definitely '03 and '05. HANABI~Episode II~, forgiveness, ourselves were all stunning at '03 and STEP you, is this LOVE?, and July 1st were the best of '05.

Her voice was annoying in '04's performances, on top that they just sounded terrible and look very cheap.

'06 and '07 were ok. The only problem was that the performances were like recycled routines which just feel old and like you've seen then already.

By the way, they should have included the monochrome performances from '06!!
Old 17th September 2008, 03:18 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yelling?

Didn't she yell at the A MUSEUM performance of ASFXX in the introduction? LOL. I swear that's what she did..

Quote:
'06 and '07 were ok. The only problem was that the performances were like recycled routines which just feel old and like you've seen then already.
2006/2007 were like that probably due to the fact that there was like, prechoreographed numbers from AT06/07, and they did not have enough time to rechoreograph in a month or so. (Startin' and 1 LOVE / until that Day...) but the addition of t2m to the mix was nice (although I dunno if we got to see it.)

Must say that I ADORED Ayu on the cart for July 1st. I think they changed the arrangement too!

Tags
a-nation, dvd, live version, lives