[Namie Amuro] The 101st Thread - WE ♥ NAMIE FOREVER - - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th September 2018, 05:42 PM
BEST Initiate

^ She has basically said that she chose to stop appearing because she hated the pressure of feeling like she had to be interesting during the interview segments. It's the same reason she decided not to do MCs at her concert anymore.
Old 20th September 2018, 10:33 PM
Voyage Initiate

Thanks for all the info and uploads haraiso and Karen!!

It will never fail to amaze me how much Namie and her music mean to Japan and what a send off they gave her. A statue!? And the church playing CYC? Can't wait to see it when it's eventually started/finished. Sounds like it would be a great place to visit some day - it would definitely boost tourism!

I do wonder what it would have been like if she had retired when she intended to. Would we have got the extra year?
Old 21st September 2018, 01:12 AM
I am... Initiate

I'm glad she didn't retire when she originally planned because then we wouldn't have had FEEL and that era was perfect <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
6. HATED THE TERM 'IDOL' AND REFUSED TO WEAR PINK
Kind of ironic that the fans chose the color pink to light up tokyo tower in her honor, lol.
Old 21st September 2018, 01:37 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post
Thanks for all the info and uploads haraiso and Karen!!

It will never fail to amaze me how much Namie and her music mean to Japan and what a send off they gave her. A statue!? And the church playing CYC? Can't wait to see it when it's eventually started/finished. Sounds like it would be a great place to visit some day - it would definitely boost tourism!

I do wonder what it would have been like if she had retired when she intended to. Would we have got the extra year?
I always wondered what her original retirement plan was? Considering she had to fight to end her contract with Vision Factory/Rising Productions and start Dimension Point with Avex and then create stella88. Unless she did all that because she couldn't retire with her original plan to retire after the 20th anniversary concert and got fed up with Vision

Would we have gotten a Finally or would Uncontrolled be her last album?

Last edited by ayuinh.k?; 21st September 2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 21st September 2018, 02:55 AM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
^ She has basically said that she chose to stop appearing because she hated the pressure of feeling like she had to be interesting during the interview segments. It's the same reason she decided not to do MCs at her concert anymore.
I know but why she only skipped PAST<FUTURE promos and came back to promote Break It/Get Myself Back? That's my point... and this album has the least tour performances from all of her albuns post-Break The Rules.. she only sang Dr. and The Meaning of Us after 2011 while many other singles from other albuns has more performances, even FEEL and _genic received more attention than PF... looks like she don't like it or something else
Old 21st September 2018, 03:23 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ she also always ignored it after its tour. she only kept singing Dr.
I have a feeling she doesn't like it very much
Old 21st September 2018, 04:58 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianghua View Post

Kind of ironic that the fans chose the color pink to light up tokyo tower in her honor, lol.
yeah I know lol

My sister commented that Okinawa is wasting a lot of taxpayers' $ by planning to do all the things they want to honour Namie :s

I also feel that constructing a church & statue to commemorate Namie is quite extreme , you only do something like this if a person passed away isn't it ? @_@

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 21st September 2018, 05:36 AM
Initiate

I think Okinawa is doing all this not only to honor Namie, but also because they see it as a chance to profit from all the tourism she brings in. She probably brought in a lot of money from just this past year alone. From her concerts to the Final Space exhibit.. to all the places she recommends in her GIFT book. She definitely provides an incentive to visit.

And omg. It definitely would've been so sad if she ended her career with Uncontrolled lmao. We would've never gotten Alive... or Mint. Or the visually-stunning genic era + its amazing tour. She really has given us a lot. But it is odd she neglects PAST FUTURE so much lol. It's truly a shame we never got one more performance of Defend Love
Old 21st September 2018, 08:45 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by haraiso View Post
I think Okinawa is doing all this not only to honor Namie, but also because they see it as a chance to profit from all the tourism she brings in. She probably brought in a lot of money from just this past year alone. From her concerts to the Final Space exhibit.. to all the places she recommends in her GIFT book. She definitely provides an incentive to visit.

And omg. It definitely would've been so sad if she ended her career with Uncontrolled lmao. We would've never gotten Alive... or Mint. Or the visually-stunning genic era + its amazing tour. She really has given us a lot. But it is odd she neglects PAST FUTURE so much lol. It's truly a shame we never got one more performance of Defend Love
I NEED TO KNOW THIS
Old 21st September 2018, 11:38 AM
YOU Initiate

I think it's awesome they're doing a statue while she's Alive (starts singin')... because she finally (starts singin') realizes that she is THAT important, she is THE legend of Jpop and so everyone else can realize that too. For me it's quite a shame that 99,9% of the people that got huge tributes like a statue are dead.
But a church? Really? That's extreme... and I want to visit.

About PAST<FUTURE, the only reason I can find is that she was hoping it to be a million seller after BEST FICTION success(?) or she was forced to record it... even tho, it's her best selling album after GENIUS 2000, it rose her popularity all over Asia more than BEST FICTION and even Uncontrolled receiving A LOT of promotion, it couldn't match PF sales
My dream was to see Namie performing Steal My Night, Defend Love and WILD one last time... and LOVE GAME, FIRST TIMER with the rap, MY LOVE and COPY THAT with that break, why not? @_@'

Last edited by roddypii; 21st September 2018 at 11:42 AM.
Old 21st September 2018, 01:46 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^I think you al interpreted too much into PF. It was a time where she started to promote each album in full for the sake of scrapping older songs which i prefer. After BF there was no need to promote the album that intense.
Old 21st September 2018, 02:03 PM
still alone Initiate

Past<Future always confused me a little bit. It felt like a weird follow up to the Best Fiction era. I thought she would follow it with an album that was safer and had more of the same sound. When I heard songs like Dr. and Fast Car I thought they were weird, especially for Namie so I got turned off a little when that album came out. But I love the album now.
I think it would not have been best to retire after Uncontrolled. It would have felt too soon to me. Namie had just had her big revival a few years ago. I would be sad without FEEL. I love it so much. I think everything worked out for the better in the end. But I do still want a blu ray PV collection and also a greatest hits collection that contains the original recordings of her songs.
Old 21st September 2018, 03:29 PM
Initiate

I've finished recording the Abema music video countdown!

These were the results, if you don't have time to watch the whole thing: http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showpo...8&postcount=39

And if you missed the fashion countdown:

There's a 3rd special that focuses on Namie's live performances that I'm currently working on, so I'll upload that too when it's done

I was rushing to record everything today while I had the chance since I only just noticed Abema's little note that they were removing the specials within the next 2 days lol.

And this is random but it popped up on Twitter. Here's a video from 1995 of Namie speaking to... Utada's mom. Haha.

And Kuu apparently wrote about Namie recently! Mandilinn@Twitter was kind enough to provide a translation:

https://twitter.com/Mandilinn480/sta...20464900075520

Last edited by haraiso; 21st September 2018 at 04:10 PM.
Old 21st September 2018, 06:03 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I tried to rank all of Namies a-sides and promo songs (as I feel it at the moment) and it is damn hard. They are all so close because I love them all so much. I dare you to try the same!

Spoiler:

Put Em’ Up
I HAVE NEVER SEEN
How to be a girl
Shine more
Please Smile again
Want me, want me
FAST CAR
Hide & Seek
So Crazy
Lovin it
Make it happen. Feat. AFTERSCHOOL
Wonder Woman feat. AI & ANNA TSUCHIYA
Can’t sleep, Can’t eat, I’m sick
Dr.
Go Round
YEAH-OH
Mint
Let’s go
Finally
Did U
BRIGHTER DAY
TSUKI
Uh Uh… (SUIE CHIC)
Good Life (SUITE CHIC)
Break it
Dreaming I was Dreaming
Body Feels EXIT
TRY ME
Toi et moi
Something ‘bout the kiss
LOVE 2000
WHAT A FEELING
Violet sauce
WoWa
The SPEED STAR
Say the word
Himawari
Damage
Heaven
WILD
Come
NAKED
Chase the Chance
Do Me More
Alive
In Two
BLACK DIAMOND
Get myself Back
NEVER END
I WILL
Love Game
Defend Love
Four Seasons
Taiyou no Seasons
ROCK U
Grotesque (Ken Hirai)
Alarm
Ballerina
B who I want to be feat. HATSUNE MIKU
Hot Girls
Showtime
SWEET KISSES
Hero
Big Boys Cry
Do What you Gotta Do
You’re my sunshine
A walk in the park
Respect the Power of Love
SWEET 19 BLUES
FUNKY TOWN
Hope
Fight together
Fighter
Just You and I
The meaning of us
Sit! Stay! Wait! Down!
Neonlight Lipstick
Golden touch
In the Spotlight (Tokyo)
White Light
Can You celebrate?
Aishite Masukatto
Anything
Wishing on the same star
GIRL TALK
Unusual feat. Yamapi
Love Story
Sexy Girl
Birthday
Red Carpet
NEW LOOK
tempest
Think of me
No more tears
Contrail
COPY THAT
ROCK STEADY
Stop the music
Stranger
Fashionista
Let me let you go
Beautiful
Ningyo
Baby Don’t Cry
All for you
Hands on me
Don’t Wanna Cry
Do It for Love
Dear diary
Mr. USA:
Only you
FAKE (AI)
REVOLUTION (Crystal Kay)
How do you feel now?
Black Out (VERBAL)
PARADISE TRAIN
memories
Dancing Junk
Koi no cute beat
Old 21st September 2018, 06:25 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
I've finished recording the Abema music video countdown!

And Kuu apparently wrote about Namie recently! Mandilinn@Twitter was kind enough to provide a translation:

I laughed so hard with the results from Music Video best..I would NEVER dream to see ALARM, Put'Em Up and Fashionista there hahaha I'm just sad there's no Ningyo, Neonlight Lipstick and WILD there ;-;

About Koda Kumi... it's so cute.. and quite surprising for the mention of Aishite Muscat.. it's my fave pre-solo song from Namie
Old 21st September 2018, 09:25 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^Put Em Up and ALARM are amongst my fav. MV of hers o-O
Old 21st September 2018, 11:44 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
And this is random but it popped up on Twitter. Here's a video from 1995 of Namie speaking to... Utada's mom. Haha.

This is amazing but also a little sad rip Keiko

And reading Kuu's post about Namie makes my heart happy I knew she admired Namie but didn't know she influenced her to such an extent.
Old 22nd September 2018, 02:35 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Kuu's message to Namie from her fanclub. Translated by Mandilinn480 on Twitter.

My Facebook: Rocky Raven

Please come and join Amuro-Namie New Forum

Old 22nd September 2018, 05:26 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Finally is back to #1 today with 3,780 copies sold after being at #2 yesterday. if she keeps selling 10k - 20k a week for the rest of 2018 she will hit 2.5 million in sales for Finally in 2018 and that is my personal goal for her.

edit: both versions of the tour are still at #1 to. Hoping for 2 million in sales here too. That record will not be broken until Arashi retires lol
Old 22nd September 2018, 11:47 PM
Initiate

^

omg she's not only #1... but she's actually occupying half the Top 20 for DVDs today LOL

#1 namie amuro Final Tour 2018 ~Finally~
#5 AMURO NAMIE FIRST ANNIVERSARY 1996 LIVE AT MARINE STADIUM
#6 namie amuro LIVE STYLE 2016-2017
#9 namie amuro PAST<FUTURE tour 2010
#10 namie amuro 5 Major Domes Tour 2012 ~20th Anniversary Best~
#11 namie amuro SO CRAZY tour featuring BEST singles 2003-2004
#12 Namie Amuro Concentration 20 Live in Tokyo Dome
#15 181920films+filmography
#18 namie amuro LIVE STYLE 2014
#19 namie amuro LIVE STYLE 2011 + namie amuro FEEL tour 2013

---

And here's the last Final Space segment that aired last night! It features some snippets from the Okinawa concert, that will air in full later at the end of the month in the Hulu documentary.

If you missed the other segments, I posted them here: http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=25

---

And random, but I thought it was pretty amazing. These students recreated the Finally Tour cover using 140,000 toothpicks! It's incredible!

https://twitter.com/ryutaro_Nike/sta...93869578715137

---

Andddddd I've finished uploading the last AbemaTV special! It focused on her best live performances

Last edited by haraiso; 23rd September 2018 at 05:34 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
namie amuro