Ayu - Anything Goes Thread -X- - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th April 2015, 02:13 AM
Heartplace Initiate

^ Not jpop enough, I guess?
Old 13th April 2015, 02:41 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
I didn't realize so many people actually disliked Colours until A ONE leaked lol
Were you not paying attention when it was rumored that Terminal was going to be a single? So many people were against it. When I made a thread, I quoted all the negative reviews.

Let's also not forget the people who said it was more disgusting than the Armin van Helden remix of inspire, and worse than Bold and Delicious.

I think people were being over the top, and that was all just for Terminal. I think more people were against Colours than were for it.

Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogirlanime View Post
I think this is fake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_King View Post
WTF!? 92 likes and 2 DJ sets!?
Honestly, who still believes that this single will be released, should not be disappointed.
This will not happen! Got it?
It's a joke . . . a bad joke!
Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
I'd say gve the Terminal single up it's probably not happening lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Agreed, this is NOT going to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikku1994 View Post
Stop making Terminal happen, it's not going to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isicio View Post
So sad but yes Terminal never will be happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogboyShugo View Post
It's called being realistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
Deal with it. It is fake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Y'all really want this to be real...I can't..it's gonna be 2015 soon and y'all are still gonna be grasping at straws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Lol this isn't true. Like who is still hanging onto this? Her singles/products are announced 6 weeks in advance. Covers within 3-4. Seriously.

Last edited by orangeakira; 13th April 2015 at 02:44 AM.
Old 13th April 2015, 02:43 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

^I'm gonna be very lazy but could you post the link to the thread about that with the negative reviews?
They called it worse than my namesake? OMG where was I when this happened?

Edit Oh the mess happened in July. That's why I don't know. I was in Japan and I was like in some bubble or something.
Not too sure about the exact quotes you had in mind though.

Last edited by Delicious n Bold; 13th April 2015 at 02:48 AM.
Old 13th April 2015, 02:45 AM
rainy day Initiate

As mentioned, I felt CoLOURS just didn't go far enough. It was a bunch of "EDM-esque," only one of which (Lelio) felt like a real "hit" as far as Electronic Dance Music goes. Terminal was a letdown; especially if you are familiar with the trance genre, and Armin's previous works, it was seen as a major fail within the community (on message boards, by trance fans). It really does feel like an album of rejects that big-name EDM artists/vocalists had no interest in so Ayu scooped them up for herself.

For the record though, those remarks were not referencing whether or not Terminal was a good song, they were referencing whether or not it was realistic to believe it would be released as a single.
Old 13th April 2015, 02:46 AM
appears Initiate

^^People were fucking crazy, I'll see if I can find the exact quote. I remember them so well cause I absolutely loved Terminal when it first came out, and all those posts left a horrible taste in my mouth.
Old 13th April 2015, 02:53 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I don't know what to say about that, Zeke. I love the every little thing trance album you suggested and I also love terminal.
Old 13th April 2015, 02:54 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeakira View Post
Were you not paying attention when it was rumored that Terminal was going to be a single? So many people were against it. When I made a thread, I quoted all the negative reviews.

Let's also not forget the people who said it was more disgusting than the Armin van Helden remix of inspire, and worse than Bold and Delicious.

I think people were being over the top, and that was all just for Terminal. I think more people were against Colours than were for it.

Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?
Spoiler:

idk, I thought it was mostly because... the rumor had been going on for like 1800 years at that point without any confirmation and everyone was getting sick of everyone else continuing to spread it around lmao.

And yeah, what Zeke said. It wasn't directed at the song itself so much as the rumors.

Terminal is like, somewhere in the middle for me tbh. I expected a lot more for a trance track but it grew on me.
Old 13th April 2015, 03:16 AM
appears Initiate

I can't find the post calling Terminal Disgusting, and I can't find the post saying it was her worst song while also saying Bold and Delicious was one of her best songs ever, but on my way to find them, here's some quotes I came across.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
Terminal - 2/10 (absolute crap.... i couldn't get through the whoe song, borring as hell, 1.5 for the vocals cuz Ayu sounds nice & 0.5 for chorus which is like the most decent thing in the whole song) i don't think i will listen to it ever again and i hope she never works with him again either. At least not for an original album.
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectodub View Post
Terminal 1/5 (I had to stop it before it ended)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
07 Terminal: 1/5 I never thought that one day I would said that for an Ayu song. Of course there are songs I like less than others but it doesn't bother me to hear them when I play my cds. Terminal is not only the worst song of this album, it's the worst song of all her discography too. The arrangement is awful, amateurish and old as time. The sounds are rambling. The only thing that saved this song from the bubble is the melody that Ayu sings. Yes, this melody is really nice and It's a Shame that it received that kind of arrangement. I really hope that Ayu'll do another version as she did for Ladies Night in the past. A progressive rock arrangement could make this melody epic! Or I just hope that she'll choose it for her next classical album and will give the arrangement that this melody deserves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
Terminal - 2/10 (strongly dislike this song, Ayu's vocals save this from a 0 rating)
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectodub View Post
i love trance and dance ayu music..and this track sucks big time IMO

even the gucci-gucci val helden remix was better than this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
The more I listen to Terminal, the more I hate it. I was hoping for something along the lines of Connected, something with a deeper house sound but retaining a pop appeal. This is neither a good house or pop song, and even worse, Ayu's presence is completly overpowered.
Old 13th April 2015, 03:21 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Let's face it, B&D is one of her best songs and the best song for my alarm.
Old 13th April 2015, 03:24 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Terminal sleiiiiiiighed.
Old 13th April 2015, 03:27 AM
Heartplace Initiate

^^ lmao! I still remember hearing the preview for Bold & Delicious for the first time when the single was coming out. It was............................................... . jarring. I had a laugh tho lol. Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ is my fav wake-up song and Feel the love is pretty good too!

@orangeakira: Terminal just feels like... a bit of wasted potential to me tbh. I like it but I can't help but feel like it could have been SO much more. The vocal parts are divine, the rest is a bit flat.
Old 13th April 2015, 03:28 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think it was made to be performed live. The experience must have been surreal to have Terminal ~ Connected done.

If she has another trance track on the new mini... oiiii.
Old 13th April 2015, 03:39 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

She's been giving me what perfume hasn't for about 2 years. Ayuma better sleigh my summer again.
Old 13th April 2015, 04:32 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingCORE View Post
^I don't post much but I just wanted to say that I always love reading your posts about how you experience music, because you obviously have an intense love and appreciation of music, Zeke. : )
Yes I do
Old 13th April 2015, 06:14 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

God, Duty really is that album. I don't even know if I'd consider it my favorite Ayu album, but it's just so good.

Old 13th April 2015, 07:02 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I have the biggest question marks for eyes reading all that negative feedback for Terminal.

cropped by me, fanart by the-chokey

Old 13th April 2015, 07:37 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It's like really, of all songs, Terminal? Please.
Old 13th April 2015, 08:13 AM
Secret Initiate

All this hate for Colours is so fucking tiring lmao Colours was a fun album, that's all. The fuck y'all expecting masterpieces for. This bitch isn't Mozart. (even though Tereminal is so flawless it leaves hoes scalped and Merry-go-round none of your faves could ever come close).
Old 13th April 2015, 05:43 PM
Dolls Initiate

Omg..Terminal is epic
how can people hate it so much?
Old 13th April 2015, 09:00 PM
Replace Initiate

I understand disliking Terminal... I enjoy it, but not NEARLY as much as I enjoyed the original ayu trance & Connected & all the Trance stuff that I really loved between about 2001 and 2006 or so. The anthem/progressive stuff from back then gives me tingles, and Terminal is enjoyable, but I am left utterly tingle-free by it. Not a goosebump to be found.
Closed Thread

Tags
anything goes