ASIA TOUR 2008 ~10th Anniversary~ setlists and pictures [III] - Page 15 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2008, 10:57 PM
Banned

Yea idk with Ayu but dont artists usually have a whole bunch of songs that have been recorded/prepared but haven't been published yet, and the worst ones won't ever? Hikki did this with some songs like Take 5 I think @.@ (I could give better examples of western artists but then ppl will gonna yell at me again that YOU CANT COMPARE WESTERN VS EASTERN ARTISTS bs lol)
Old 26th June 2008, 11:43 PM
rainy day Initiate

^ Omg, I totally love TAKE 5 but didn't Hikki totally re-tackle that song and bring new life to it?
Old 28th June 2008, 01:54 PM
Two of us Initiate

She sang "A Song for XX" for today's encore a accapella.

And no new song....
Old 28th June 2008, 01:57 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I still have hope! Don't fail me now, Ayu! ~
Old 28th June 2008, 02:01 PM
Lelio Protector

Tomorrow is the last date so she still might, but I don't think so just because there's nothing announced yet... but go figure.

A Song for xx, another one of my top 10 songs of ayu yay!
Old 28th June 2008, 02:52 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Poor thing, she forgot the lyrics the first time through, too. Peco and Princess did it with her as well...I'm not sure if that was done before; I had the impression it was just her.
Old 28th June 2008, 02:57 PM
walking proud Initiate

Hey, I just got back from the concert tonight. I had a great time.

First, the accapella song tonight was A Song For Xx, but less than half of it was performed. (I'm guessing all the accapella songs were like that)

Secondly, about the lip syncing issue. I strongly believe that yes, she did lip synch. Only for two songs though - Don't Leave Me Alone and Marionette. The rest were completely live. In Don't Leave Me Alone, not only does she turn upside down and her voice doesn't change at all, but the most telling thing is that with the head set mic that she is using, there should be some mic effects that can be heard when she pronounces sounds like 'shi', 'p', 'chu, chi, cha etc' however there were none, yet on the next two songs Decision and My Name's Women where she uses the same microphone, those sounds are present and the vocals sound much more live. Then on the next song, Marrionette, they are gone again and the vocals are much too smooth considering the amount of jerking around she is doing. It seems pretty physically impossible for your voice to stay perfectly smooth while jerking around violently. I'm sure that both are "live" re-recordings of the songs.

Overall, I loved the show though. I've seen live the My Story tour, Miss Understood tour, CDL 06-07, and A-Nation 2007 and this one is probably my favorite. Mostly becuase I love this set list the most.

Vocal wise, she isn't as good as durring the My Story/Miss Understood time period, but that is expected. She is at least as good as CDL06/07 and waaay better than A-nation 2007. The songs that sounded the worst were probablly Depend on You, Fly High, and Surreal again (though not as bad as at the last CDL). Hanabi and End Roll were both very good. (The dress is very pretty as well)

Costume and set wise is about on par with the Secret tour, but not as impressive I don't think as anything from the My Story or Miss Understood tour. The outfits at least look better in person than in the pictures here.

So, I tried to give a pretty even handed review, but as I said overall this is actually my favorite of the times I've seen her. Ayu is always fun to watch and this set list was the best so far.

Tomorrow I'm off to see Biyuden's final live and then the Hana Yori Dango movie on Monday. I love being in Japan!
Old 28th June 2008, 02:59 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Wow you have seen her alot! So lucky!

Thx for the report. ^^

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 28th June 2008, 03:12 PM
Two of us Initiate

Damn. I guess it was too much of me to expect her to sound like she did at the beginning of the tour. Oh well.
Old 28th June 2008, 03:14 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Well, usually the first few shows are a lot better...

Maybe it'll be different for the show you're going to? I mean just look at CDL and how one day made a huge difference then.

On the topic of "lipsynching".. it's probable that they decide whether or not she will use a prerecorded track some time before the concert the day of... like certain shows she's lipsynched like two or three songs, and others she's sung live throughout the whole thing. @_@ I wonder why she does it though only for a few songs.. maybe it's a precautionary measure for acts like (d)lma and Marionette? :\

Last edited by truehappiness; 28th June 2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 28th June 2008, 03:18 PM
rainy day Initiate

Her vocals were great in Depend on you and Fly high for my showing!
Old 28th June 2008, 03:20 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tethevo View Post
Damn. I guess it was too much of me to expect her to sound like she did at the beginning of the tour. Oh well.
You were at the concert tonight right? What did you think of her vocals?
Old 28th June 2008, 03:25 PM
Two of us Initiate

Oh no. I was just reacting to your comment. lol (and other comments I've read on the tour throughout the months)

I went to the 2nd date of the tour...and will go to the one tomorrow. I'm somewhat expecting her vocals tomorrow to be worse than what you heard.
Old 28th June 2008, 03:40 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I guess it's better to go in with somewhat low expectations and be surprised at the actual show than expect "~*~*~*amazing~*~~*" vocals and end up disappointed. :B
Old 28th June 2008, 06:19 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

How great!
I really want to see the DVD of this anniversary!
Old 28th June 2008, 06:20 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Hey, I just got back from the concert tonight. I had a great time.

First, the accapella song tonight was A Song For Xx, but less than half of it was performed. (I'm guessing all the accapella songs were like that)

Secondly, about the lip syncing issue. I strongly believe that yes, she did lip synch. Only for two songs though - Don't Leave Me Alone and Marionette. The rest were completely live. In Don't Leave Me Alone, not only does she turn upside down and her voice doesn't change at all, but the most telling thing is that with the head set mic that she is using, there should be some mic effects that can be heard when she pronounces sounds like 'shi', 'p', 'chu, chi, cha etc' however there were none, yet on the next two songs Decision and My Name's Women where she uses the same microphone, those sounds are present and the vocals sound much more live. Then on the next song, Marrionette, they are gone again and the vocals are much too smooth considering the amount of jerking around she is doing. It seems pretty physically impossible for your voice to stay perfectly smooth while jerking around violently. I'm sure that both are "live" re-recordings of the songs.

Overall, I loved the show though. I've seen live the My Story tour, Miss Understood tour, CDL 06-07, and A-Nation 2007 and this one is probably my favorite. Mostly becuase I love this set list the most.

Vocal wise, she isn't as good as durring the My Story/Miss Understood time period, but that is expected. She is at least as good as CDL06/07 and waaay better than A-nation 2007. The songs that sounded the worst were probablly Depend on You, Fly High, and Surreal again (though not as bad as at the last CDL). Hanabi and End Roll were both very good. (The dress is very pretty as well)

Costume and set wise is about on par with the Secret tour, but not as impressive I don't think as anything from the My Story or Miss Understood tour. The outfits at least look better in person than in the pictures here.

So, I tried to give a pretty even handed review, but as I said overall this is actually my favorite of the times I've seen her. Ayu is always fun to watch and this set list was the best so far.

Tomorrow I'm off to see Biyuden's final live and then the Hana Yori Dango movie on Monday. I love being in Japan!
haha i laughed damn loud too during the encore! Ayu was damn kawaii~!

The short summer is starting now
How many memories can I make with you?
The sun is just shining bright
And the waves are always rolling on the shore~

My Ayupans Collection

Old 28th June 2008, 09:10 PM
Depend on you Initiate

If you watch the documentary of the ASIA tour 2007 where Ayu suddenly breaks into tears in the beginning of Surreal, you'll notice that her voice is much smoother than the concert that was taped for the DVD. In the concert of the DVD she has a much more deeper voice, and maybe that's what happens in the course of a our. In the beginning of the tour her voice is as much as ''unused'', and at the end it's more lika ''overused'' ans causes her voice to change. I guess that's why we can't really expect her voice to be as good and smooth as at the beginning of this tour. And we must include the facts that she had more than 30 dates this year, plus that she lost her voice earlier this year
Old 28th June 2008, 09:25 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

XD if I could actually get to see the concert, I wouldn't be really paying attention to the quality vocals that much, as I'd be over-hyped just cuz of the fact that I am seeing an Ayu concert XD

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 28th June 2008, 10:34 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Seeing her live was absolutely too amazing for words. Like all-night.raver, I was the only one (for miles, it seemed like) who was jumping around and going absolutely crazy...it got some chuckles out of her dancers, and even Ayu herself!!! (Those A-block seats were fantastic!) A couple notes, though:

1. I have to say, I REALLY dislike the dress she uses for Hanabi and End roll. You can't tell from the pictures from a while back, but there's a biiiig gaudy cross that covers her entire breast plate area that's part of the dress. Eww.

2. For all of you who are still convinced she never got a tattoo...sorry, you're wrong. She does in fact have the heart with the wing and an "a" tattooed on her right shoulder blade. Trust me...I was staring at it for 2 hours.

More later, after today's show!
Old 28th June 2008, 10:35 PM
Depend on you Initiate

^haha I completely agree with you I would surely be so pumped up and high that I wouldn't notice anything but Ayu