Rock'n'Roll Circus - album information and covers [XVI] - Page 24 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th April 2010, 03:04 PM
Liar Initiate

Oh that's great for amazon!! Glad people are liking it!!
Now if only I could actually get mine so I could listen to it... >_>

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Old 27th April 2010, 05:14 PM
Initiate

count down is my least fav. I prefer Last Links or meaning of love....i must be japanese xD
Old 27th April 2010, 05:25 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

So nice! Congrats to AYU for those starts in amazon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddbear55 View Post
Oh that's great for amazon!! Glad people are liking it!!
Now if only I could actually get mine so I could listen to it... >_>

I'm so sorry .__.U
Can't believe people still without their copies...it really amaze me

Well... I guess it depends on when you ordered, right? Dx

PD: I don't know if I can say I have a fave. in this album....but my list surely has count down, Last Links, and meaning of Love in the firts places
But saying that makes me feel like a lier xD
I love the whole album! ^0^

"Reality is just a shared illusion"

♫♪ = AYU♥Cascada♥SUJU♥BSB♥Ariel Lin♥Taio Cruz♥B'z♥Kangta

Last edited by Abby; 27th April 2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 27th April 2010, 05:47 PM
Liar Initiate

I ordered the first day it came up for pre-orders XD
It's okay, I get it today!! I'm so excited!! It feels like it's been months since it came out XD

Old 27th April 2010, 06:24 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I mean it seems like most Japanese fans who talk about it online are really moved by the song and call it one of the ~godly~ songs of the album. It's one of those things where the song is totally made with Japan's tastes in mind and most overseas fans deem it as "boring" which imo is sad.
If it's made with Japan's taste in mind, wouldn't it only be natural rather than 'sad' then that the rest of the world could find it 'boring'?
de tu puño y letra
Old 27th April 2010, 06:25 PM
Two of us Initiate

That's awesome news about all the great Amazon reviews! She deserves this so much. I love this album!

* Congratulations! You are the STARS!! *

Old 27th April 2010, 08:01 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by majrakun View Post
count down is my favourite of the favourite in RnRC I am just in love with that style, what is it exactly? Raw rock ballad? Is it even a ballad? Point is, it is so RAAAW. I can only figure a few other of her songs that have that...feel.
You put it perfectly. <3 The song's just so raw and the emotion it conveys is really hard to describe. (It's imperfectly perfect) I have other favorites from the album too but count down is definitely one of them.

BRILLIANCE

Old 27th April 2010, 08:20 PM
Liar Initiate

Yes! I finally got my album...
Ah photobook pictures are so gorgeous!!!

Old 27th April 2010, 08:47 PM
ourselves Initiate

It's so sad... My copy came in the mail, but at the residence at which I won't be for another two weeks. WHAT am I supposed to do until then?!

My travel blog
Old 27th April 2010, 10:22 PM
Voyage Initiate

Still waiting...at earliest not expecting it till next week, but even that could be a bit optimistic.

mi|kshake~
Old 27th April 2010, 11:25 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
If it's made with Japan's taste in mind, wouldn't it only be natural rather than 'sad' then that the rest of the world could find it 'boring'?
I dunno if it was really made with Japan in mind, but they eat that sort of thing up so it's possible, I guess. Why should only Japan appreciate it? It's not like the type of song that meaning of Love is isn't found in other parts of the world. It's sad because the song is a sweet little love song that seems to get crap for not trying to be "special" or something. I think this tends to happen with most of Ayu's songs like this (Life, untitled ~for her~, etc.) and it's sad that some songs get overlooked just because people deem it as "boring" when they could be listening to a gem.

Last edited by truehappiness; 27th April 2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 28th April 2010, 02:26 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
I dunno if it was really made with Japan in mind, but they eat that sort of thing up so it's possible, I guess. Why should only Japan appreciate it? It's not like the type of song that meaning of Love is isn't found in other parts of the world. It's sad because the song is a sweet little love song that seems to get crap for not trying to be "special" or something. I think this tends to happen with most of Ayu's songs like this (Life, untitled ~for her~, etc.) and it's sad that some songs get overlooked just because people deem it as "boring" when they could be listening to a gem.
Maybe part of it has to do with the language barrier? Ayu always sings with a lot of emotion in all of her songs (not just the sad ones!). But sometimes when people don't understand what she's talking about as she's singing, some of the emotion gets lost?
Old 28th April 2010, 02:28 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
But sometimes when people don't understand what she's talking about as she's singing, some of the emotion gets lost?
Sometimes thoughthese are just nice and simple songs with simple lyrics that people just don't care about because they always want Ayu to be revolutionizing music with every album track she releases or something. It's really kind of a lame expectation that people seem to unconsciously have whenever she does a new album/single. "Why isn't this song changing the music industry?!"

(As for the language barrier thing, I would say that doesn't really play a factor in people not liking these songs. It's a taste issue I think more than a language thing.)

Last edited by truehappiness; 28th April 2010 at 02:33 AM.
Old 28th April 2010, 02:50 AM
Heartplace Initiate

If we knew japanese every song experience would be different. That's why when i listened mol for the first time it was reading the translation, and i cryed nonstop~

How to join Team Ayu! ~

Old 28th April 2010, 03:00 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aura~ View Post
If we knew japanese every song experience would be different. That's why when i listened mol for the first time it was reading the translation, and i cryed nonstop~
I feel the same way. I cried during count down because the lyrics are so haunting. I understand Japanese a bit so when I concentrate I can understand Ayu.
Old 28th April 2010, 03:06 AM
Liar Initiate

ah I love meaning of Love, the arrangement is so beautiful!!

Old 28th April 2010, 04:42 AM
sending mail Initiate

Don't get me wrong, the lyrics to mol are beautiful, and the song is nice, just not to my liking very much . I have no doubt it's a very emotional and beautiful song. It's just my tastes in the meldoy and arrangement, that's all. Other than that, I like it.

As for the album as a whole, I like this much better than GUILTY and Next Level.

Old 28th April 2010, 05:16 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i want that phone holder so badly

if you live in california check www.yumeranch.com

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/
Old 28th April 2010, 06:20 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
I think songs like Life, Days, meaning of Love, SEASONS, and songs like this, are really core to Japanese music, because most Japanese women singer ballads sounds like these songs, and most recently with an r&b twist. In Japan, I think too many people are sad, and when they hear these songs, they can either find comfort, or find sympathy. Because many people are not aggressive, songs like count down and Last Links would only appeal at one certain point of time. But for example SEASONS, even we are not sad, we can listen to SEASONS for a different purpose than if we were sad... do you understand? I think Japanese public like versatile songs better than a song for this emotion, and a song for that emotion.
Old 28th April 2010, 07:31 AM
Will Initiate

Congrats for the amazon thing
Still waiting for my copy

I AM ESSITED! Taeyeon Thank you miroro

code:exoaffxtionnanaseven

Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi, hamasaki ayumi, new album, rock'n'roll circus