[A] Ayumi Hamasaki CDL 2013-2014 Review (12/30) - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 3rd January 2014, 05:08 AM
æternal Initiate

Ayumi Hamasaki CDL 2013-2014 Review (12/30)

Hi everyone!! Like what i said, i tried to make my own review of Ayu's concert i went to on the 30th. I'll put it in spoilers and will try to include photos as much as possible.

Spoiler:

AYUMI HAMASAKI COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 review

We arrived in Yoyogi around 3:30pm. There aren't much people around that time so we decided to walk around Harajuku to spend time. While we're on our way, I could see Ayu banners in one point of the street. I'm 100% sure they're from other international Ayu fan groups

We decided to return to Yoyogi by 4:30pm and the crowd has noticibly grew. We lined up and waited until probably around 5:30 when we were able to enter the hall.

As we entered, several staffs hand pamphlets of the concert to us. There are LOTS of flowers to ayu. some groups such as TRF, Globe and ofcourse from Music station. I planned to take photos but i wasn't able to do so because we really need to get to our seats ASAP. We got a very nice seat near the mainstage, right of the catwalk but kinda far from the center stage.

We waited. And the lights went off. The show started 30minutes late!! everyone shouted and there were pink lights everywhere!

They started playing a music. I'm not sure but the intro music has a sample of Bold & Delicious's new arrangement. There was a build up until the synths of Feel the Love. The dancers suddenly appeared on the stage. They were wearing something like a metalic blue robotic costume (sort of similar to RnRC tour).

Feel the love started to play. The center of the main stage started to rise. It looks like a space ship and the entrance is opening! As it opens, the sillhouette of Ayu can be seen!!

Lights were turned on and Ayu appeared in a glittery coat and a hat!! she looks so wonderfully pretty and fresh!! the dress was shining that it almost looked like a disco ball. she started to sing the chorus... i swear i was on top of my lungs at that moment!!!

Her vocals were nice this time!!

The second was We Wish. there was nothing special in this performance other than the fact that the song is rarely beinh performed. her voice was really good in the verses but too much shouting in the chorus!! One exciting part of the perfomance was when two of her male dancers did acrobatics on the main stage. there were ropes on each side of the stage!! the two dancers jumped really high like ninjas!!!

The song ended. i'm not really about this but as far as I remember, they continued playing the song like what they always do in song transitions.

The male dancers appeared on the main stage. They were wearing formal attires with hats. And Ayu appeared sitting on a chair infront of them. Free & Easy started playing! Good vocals on verses but her vocals weren't too good in chorus. Too much shouting, she goes flat here and there.

Because of you was performed after it. Really awesome and powerful vocals. a big cross appeared one the big screen and as the song progresses, the cross started to burst in blue flames. EPIC!!

The song ended. Timmy and Princess started to sing. It was an english song. I don't know what the title is but its really familiar. Timmy's and Princess voices are really beautiful and soothing. while they're singing, a male and female dancers were doing acrobatics on the center stage. they were riding a swing.

After that, CAROLS started playing and Ayu appeared on the main stage. She's wearing a beautiful long dress that is pretty big and wide. Its simple but gorgous at the same time. It looks like its covered in diamonds or something. i think The dress runs about 3/4 of the stage. her voice was perfect!! as the song progresses, snow started falling! it was really beautiful. Momentum started right after. Good vocals too!!

after that, Yo-chan started playing his guitar. I was so sure that the next song is gonna be rock!!! enrique started playing his Bass and ayu rose up on the stage and started singing Is this love?

She was wearing a silver dress-like thing. I really can't remember. Good vocals as usual for a rock number!! The song ended and as far as I remember, she started singing Love songs in acappela.

The song ended and the lights were turned off!!! then the EDM part started. DJ 2Yan rose up on the stage and started playing some remixed ayu song. I'm pretty sure its similar to what they did in a Best live! Me and my friends were dancing on our seats so i wasn't able to see what's happening! LOL

Merry-go-round started and Ayu appeared on the stage!! I HATE HER OUTFIT! Ughhh. I really didn't like it. she was wearing a shining vest with hanging seguins (i'm not sure) and i'm sure she has worn this a lot on her past lives!! she was wearing jeans that was cut on the left and she's wearing stockings on that side!! Really don't like it. But meh. her voice on Merry go round isn't great but not bad either!! The rap part was played recorded.

YOU & Me was probably my favorite performance!!! Its full of colors and energy as usual!!

And the staple SURREAL-Evolution-SURREAL ended that section!!! Thank God they weren't selling fans that day. I may have broke mine again! LOL

I admit though most of us here in AHS hate it, the Japanese really love staples like this. It was really fun!

Lights were turned off and the trance ayu blah blah started playing!!!

There was some funny movements done by the A logo. One i can't forget is its parody of "omotenashi" (hospitality) that they did on the olympics meeting wherein Japan was announced to host it in 2020. Yo-chan's new short hair was mentioned too!! LOL

the music stopped and Ayu appeared sitting in the middle of the stage. She started singing Part of Me in acoustic version. Really beautiful. Awesome vocals! The then sang Curtain call. Her voice was so gentle and pretty as usual. she remain seated until the last chorus when she stood up and her voice became more powerful.

After the song, the MC Section started. I really am thankful cuz i wan't an MC part on my first CDL. lol

She mentioned that she was nervous on the first night of the CDL but has already overcome it on that day. She is more confident and she is able to give more of her voice this time.

The MC section was hosted too by her dancer ZIN, they asked some dancers (Kazuma, KOH and Lico) about their hopes and resolutions for the new year! The part was so funny! i hope they'll include it on the DVD!!

The MC section ended and everyone was so pumped up when Boys & Girls started! ayu and the dancers were throwing signed balls again!!! Humming 7/4 started immediately. (i'm honestly confused if BG is sunh after H7/4 or other way around).

After that a gospel choir appeared on the upper part of the main stage!! They started playing an unfamiliar riffs until Ayu started singing. Only then i learned it's Bold and delicious. Even the people beside and at the back of my seat seemed to be confused too but it turned out to be cool!!! The new arrangement is more of a fused "soul"
and "pop". She introduced her dancers and the silver tapes exploded upon us!!

The show ended. There was no "arigatou gozaimasu" without mic. It made me sad. LOL

In general. It was really a nice show!! there were downs here and there but the ups outweighed them. This show's budget it high for a CDL standard i guess! We went out on the hall and met Timmy. Well, i wonder why some find him to be annoying, but he really is a nice guy. Humble and fun to speak with.

PROS: THE INTRO, BALLAD & ROCK sections. New stage, MC part and her vocals.
CONS: Simple outfit (for the most part), No Thank You mail at the end, B&D as and ender (imo)

It was an unforgetable show and I really can't wait for her next tour.

Feel free to check more photos on my facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/aichinootok...1603632&type=3

facebook | instagram | twitter

Last edited by hayasaki; 3rd January 2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 3rd January 2014, 05:13 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Thanks, hayasaki!
Old 3rd January 2014, 07:18 AM
æternal Initiate

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Thanks, hayasaki!
You're welcome!!

Old 3rd January 2014, 07:54 AM
And Then Initiate

Thanks a lot for your report Hayasaki !

Bold and delicious isn't my favorite song but I really can't wait to listen to this new ver. !

Thanks again ! =)
Old 3rd January 2014, 08:21 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

thanks a lot!!
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:17 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Thank you!!!! BTW, how did you get to meet Timmy? He was just walking down the hall or something?
Old 3rd January 2014, 11:09 AM
P.S II Initiate

Thanks for the review!

Looking forward to CAROLS~

眺めているだけじゃ いつまでも手に出来ない
眺めているだけじゃ 君の物にはならない

Old 3rd January 2014, 01:28 PM
SCAR Initiate

Thanks for your review! I can't wait to see carols, and all of those lovely ballads/acoustic versions. Very excited about MGR and feel the love.
I know for a fact I'm not going to like b&d as ending, i'm too much of a sucker for thank you songs and rivers of tears. Still curious about the new arrangement tho!
Old 3rd January 2014, 02:48 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

Thank you..so glad that CAROLS becoming the centerpiece of this tour...that song is my number one favorite ayu song!

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 3rd January 2014, 03:17 PM
Dolls Initiate

Thanks a lot for your review..Can't wait to watch it!!!!!!...and B&D newer version seems promising
Old 3rd January 2014, 03:47 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Thank you... Now I really want to see this show !!!

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 3rd January 2014, 04:47 PM
And Then Initiate

Thanks for the review! Sounds like a nice show. I'm also curious about the new B&D arrangement.

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Old 3rd January 2014, 07:48 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Thank you for your review. Makes me feel like I was there watched the show.
Yay for the choir! This is one of the reason why I like B&D!
Old 3rd January 2014, 11:30 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Thanks for sharing your experience !!

TWICE

Old 4th January 2014, 03:32 AM
Who... Initiate

Thank you, it was great to read!!

Set by YuriChan

Old 4th January 2014, 05:34 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Thank you! I enjoyed reading it!
Old 5th January 2014, 02:01 AM
æternal Initiate

You're all welcome guys!! i'm glad you enjoyed my report. I can't really wait for the dvd release!

Tags
cdl13-14, countdown live 2013-2014, hayasaki