[A] Ayu ~Anything Goes~ XVI - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th May 2016, 11:54 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I'm open to change usually as long as it either improves on the original, or at least can tackle change while staying true to its core.
Fully agree with that. Change is good as long as it's some kind of progress - for ex. you starting as singer, than learnng to play instruments, trying composing songs etc. - not other way around.

I remember polish female singer who was lead vocalist in rock band for 10+ years. One day she changed her image from black-haired punk girl with tatoos to cute blodnie in pink dress. She started singing electronic pop songs and stating in interviews "it's real me, who I always wanted to be". Fans lost all respect to her, because they felt she was lying to them by all those years.

There were moments that I felt similar about Ayu and her activity. I was asking myself: did she really composed those songs? Why she stopped? It's ok to trying new styles etc. but why those changes doesn't seem to be something developed from who she was before? It's rather just trying to fit in actual market and trends. You could say she's doing it for money but she's rich enough to could recording whatever she wants - even as independent artist for small group of fans.
Old 11th May 2016, 12:00 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ She stopped because she felt like it and doesn't owe anyone anything

EDIT: And I wish she could think like that a little more because her over apologizing to her fans for leaving Japan etc was a bit too much for me, she had no reason to apologize so much.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Last edited by attractive nausea; 11th May 2016 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11th May 2016, 01:11 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think she still composes, but we don't see the results really.
Old 11th May 2016, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
Well... I wouldn't say she don't owe anyone anything. She owe something to her fans. Why? Because talent and hard work are not enough to be "somebody". Without fans support (people buying CDs, going to concerts etc.) she would't be celebrity or millionaire she became thx to them. Everything comes with a price and in this case the price are people's expectations.
Old 11th May 2016, 07:04 AM
Secret Initiate

Out of control and Anything for You do absolutely nothing for me. Boring ballads. Story has power and it just tugged my heart the moment it started. But oh well.
Old 11th May 2016, 07:56 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

One thing that is good about Ayu's music is that it can cause very different emotions for all types of people.
Old 11th May 2016, 09:04 AM
Depend on you Initiate

This talk about which ballad is the worst is almost competitive. Shouldn't we be a bit more positive, guys?
Old 11th May 2016, 09:29 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I am sure we will get some.

However, after almost 20 years in the business, I think titles are going to get a little wacky for anyone who has done an album a year for those nearly 20 years. Someone with Ayu's catalog would probably be struggling but she is still keepin' on.

And I see what you mean, but a lot of the issue with LOVE again was that it was old demos that were meant for older albums. A ONE and sixxxxxx are intentionally the way they are and I think this album will be the true test of whether or not she still "has it" and hopefully she brings us that surprise or two that she used to, like a kiss o' kill or criminal.

Personally, I felt like Colours was an entire album of extreme changes for her aside from like two tracks, so maybe that is why she's holding back a bit after doing an ENTIRE ALBUM of unusual stuff (for her).

To go for urban AND trance AND "Beyonce pop" AND 00s/10s "dance" AND other things all in one album, it was just.. a lot.
I made this post about a week ago and I think she definitely delivered and showed that she STILL has it and then some with solid tracks.

I am of the mind that believes she knew exactly what she was doing on A ONE and sixxxxxx so now she is giving herself room to re-blossom as an artist. If she keeps going with this inspiration and momentum, I am SO looking forward to the album after this one.

Last edited by truehappiness; 11th May 2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11th May 2016, 10:11 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I made this post about a week ago and I think she definitely delivered and showed that she STILL has it and then some with solid tracks.

I am of the mind that believes she knew exactly what she was doing on A ONE and sixxxxxx so now she is giving herself room to re-blossom as an artist. If she keeps going with this inspiration and momentum, I am SO looking forward to the album after this one.
Old 11th May 2016, 07:05 PM
WE WISH Initiate

I may never not love ayumi hamasaki tbh

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 12th May 2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Seasons View Post
This talk about which ballad is the worst is almost competitive. Shouldn't we be a bit more positive, guys?
I think I haven't seen anyone here who likes "Anything for You" but for me it's one of the best tracks on "A One" and one of my favourite Ayu ballads. Don't ask me why but melody touching me so deeply that when I feel depressed and listening to it I have tears in my eyes.
Old 12th May 2016, 10:19 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baernash View Post
I think I haven't seen anyone here who likes "Anything for You" but for me it's one of the best tracks on "A One" and one of my favourite Ayu ballads. Don't ask me why but melody touching me so deeply that when I feel depressed and listening to it I have tears in my eyes.
I also like Anything for you. Same, its one of the very few ayu tracks that brought tears in my eyes. TODAY also did it...
Old 12th May 2016, 10:25 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

When did you become an Ayu fan?
2010 when she released FIVE after the tsunami that occurred in Japan. I loved it's message and it applied to my personal life then.

2) Why do you like Ayu?
The arrangements in her music, instrumentals, yearly releases, her ballads are my all time favorite and I just love really all of them. I really don't know much that's technical about music though.

3) Do you see yourself as someone who enjoys change?
Yes, that's why I enjoy all of her albums though of course not every single song but even the ones I dislike I can casually listen to as background noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post

EDIT: And I wish she could think like that a little more because her over apologizing to her fans for leaving Japan etc was a bit too much for me, she had no reason to apologize so much.
She owes Maro fresh grass if anything

To celebrate this album, her life and what it's become to those who oppose her.

Last edited by Yoake; 14th May 2016 at 01:55 PM. Reason: double post
Old 12th May 2016, 01:36 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baernash View Post
i find a lot of people enjoying it, are we in same forum?

for me it's one of her best ballads ever
Old 12th May 2016, 02:29 PM
still alone Initiate

Anything for You is my least favorite track on A ONE. I might even like The Gift a bit better. Maybe. Not too fond of either, they're ok. A ONE as a whole I thought was really good. Surprised lots of people think differently.
Old 12th May 2016, 02:34 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Anything for you is fantastic.
Old 12th May 2016, 07:09 PM
And Then Initiate

I finally got physical copies of her first three Eurobeat albums. They make me so happy! Fly high [Euro-Power Mix] brings such good memories... It takes me back 8 years. All of a sudden it's summer of 2008 and I'm laying on my bedroom floor with the window wide open, clouds soaring, and the music taking me far away. NEVER EVER (Eurobeat Mix) also brings the same memories. And I just love how the guitar seems to rain down from the sky in the opening of vogue (Traditional Mix).

Does anyone else like her Eurobeat albums?

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Last edited by MeltingCORE; 12th May 2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12th May 2016, 07:27 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingCORE View Post
I finally got physical copies of her first three Eurobeat albums. They make me so happy! Fly high [Euro-Power Mix] brings such good memories... It takes me back 8 years. All of a sudden it's summer of 2008 and I'm laying on my bedroom floor with the window wide open, clouds soaring, and the music taking me far away. NEVER EVER (Eurobeat Mix) also brings the same memories. And I just love how the guitar seem to rain down from the sky in the opening of vogue (Traditional Mix).

Does anyone else like her Eurobeat albums?
The Eurobeat albums are fucking bomb! I listen to them during lifting sessions a lot. Heartplace (Dreamland Mix) is so genius I can't even put it into words. It always puts my energy and happiness level up to 1000.
Old 12th May 2016, 07:54 PM
And Then Initiate

I'm so glad to hear that! Heartplace (Dreamland Mix) is also one of my favorites from ayu-ro mix 3. I also really like monochrome [ayu-ro Extended Mix] from the first album. It reminds me of when I was in middle school. ^...^ Have you seen this guy on YouTube, he lives and breathes Eurobeat: https://www.youtube.com/user/Albion0217/videos? His dancing could use some work, but I appreciate that someone loves ayu-ro mix enough to make up their own dances for the remixes! It's so cute!

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Old 12th May 2016, 08:08 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by //ABEST View Post
i find a lot of people enjoying it, are we in same forum?

for me it's one of her best ballads ever

I also love Anything for you. Story and The Gift are not my cup of tea from A ONE but I'm glad that there are other people who enjoy it. It's always a matter of taste and it would be so sad if there was a song that is disliked by everybody :'D
Closed Thread

Tags
anything goes